The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
10,000th post, the race is on! :smile:
Reply 41
steffi.alexa
Hi! This is a great thread for getting motivated, or just marveling out how much work Sparkly-Star does, or how high Narik scores in tests :moon:

That sounds like an advert :dry:

and witnessing how badly she fails in June unless she gets her butt on here everyday and works hard. :p:
Reply 42
Starless Eyes
skipp is here! :five:

Skipp is almost always here :yep:

SO much revision/learning to do :yawn:

@ydleet :rofl:
Reply 43
YdLeet
10,000th post, the race is on! :smile:

You're not going to get the skittles back from me so soon. :p:
Okay, to do tomorrow (I'm going back to my timetable):

German vocab learning - 45 mins

History AS Tudors

Biology

German grammar

History AS Germany

Memorise German presentation

Hmm, my list seems so short now that I've done the A2 Tudors stuff... I guess I could start revision on that now.
Narik
and witnessing how badly she fails in June unless she gets her butt on here everyday and works hard. :p:

Well clearly whatever you did in January worked - so just repeat that!

Oh, I have to revise for C2 again, and I have to sit the exam this time :sigh: Expect stupid questions from me with that :awesome:
Narik

Lol, I definitely need the motivation. BTW your results :woo: :eek:
Seems like this thread is a must if thats what everybody is getting =P
Reply 47
Narik
You're not going to get the skittles back from me so soon. :p:

YdLeet
Tuck in :eating:

Edit: Almost forgot, but save me a red one.. :ninja:

Haha, A chocolate skittle.. :yeah:
Reply 48
Woah, TSR has a revision thread???

I would join in but you all seem to know each other already... Do you welcome newcomers? :p:
steffi.alexa
Describe tRNA and mRNA

Aha a more serious question.

tRNA is a single stranded molecule consisting of a backbone of ribose sugar and phosphates bonded to each other and with one nitrogenous base (Uracil, guanine, adenine and cytosine) bonded to each sugar. The strand is folded into a clover shape (bonded by intramolecular base-pairing) and has an anticodon at one end consisting of a specific three base long sequence. At the other end, an amino acid is bonded to the molecule via an ester bond that can be easily hydrolised).

mRNA is also a single stranded polynucleotide with a backbone of phosphate and ribose sugar with a nitrogenous base (could be uracil, guanine, cytosine or adenine) bonded to each sugar. The molecule is long and has the complementary base sequence to that of the gene it has been transcribed from.
ily_em

I would join in but you all seem to know each other already... Do you welcome newcomers? :p:

Welcome! I'm new to this thread too but I welcome you :p:
Reply 51
Tomorrow, I WILL, I WILL, I WILL do the following:

5 Physics Past Papers
C4 Mixed Questions
1 C4 Soloman Paper

:awesome:
YdLeet
:facepalm:

Good description no? Missed out a few bits I know but I covered the basics.

The alternative is God created it but I don't like that option :smile:
Reply 53
ily_em

All newcomers are welcome :yep:

Everyone will make you feel welcome, and also keep you happy and motivated until the end of exams. We will treat you like family (well, TSR family) :awesome:
Wow, I went to have tea and there was a new thread :eek3: I missed all the excitement!!
skipp
Skipp is almost always here :yep:

Ohh awesome, this is where you hide :ninja: :cute:
Anyone doing:
Sociology
Psychology
English Language?
Reply 57
ChopinNocturne
Wow, I went to have tea and there was a new thread :eek3: I missed all the excitement!!

Me too, I panicked for a moment :sad:
Hooray! I'm in the top 7 posters :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 59
ily_em

We want everyone tbh :sexface:

Latest