The Student Room Group

Would you have Sex with your Ex if they offered it???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
So what, I should make psychic in-jokes now? It's not my problem that you took something that was clearly said in jest TO SOMEONE ELSE totally seriously.

No, it was not only on this point. You have been condemning me for the queue comment, and for factual statements I made about my ex boyfriends, which led to a very nasty assessment of my character. This was made by yourself and others who decided to join the bandwagon, most of whom clearly hadn't even bothered to read my comments through from the beginning. While I find the psychology of this pack mentality very interesting (it has been proven through experiments that people act far more extremely as part of a unified group than in isolation), the personal attacks soon became tiring.

thts a mouthful

I really don't understand why a factually correct post offended you so much, and nor do I understand how it could have been interpreted as boastful. My most recent ex boyfriend IS still in love with me. That is a simple fact, and as Foo..mp3 has pointed out, that statement says nothing about my own self-esteem. The previous ex IS still sending me flowers. This is also a simple fact, and again, says nothing about how I view myself, and if you read through the later posts I made on the subject it should be clear to you that this is a fact which concerns me, rather than boosts my ego.

Unfortunately you seem devoid of a sense of humour, a deficiency which no doubt impeded you in this exchange. Again, as Foo.mp3 pointed out, the tone of my posts was OBVIOUSLY tongue-in-cheek and the smileys and language I used made this clear. I think you were already on too much of a war-path to see what was plain, even when the posts I made became sincere and explanatory.

You mention I should post things which can only be taken at face value - as far as I'm concerned, "My ex is still in love with me" only reads one way. Yes, one can make inferences about it if one is so inclined, but that's true of pretty much any statement possible, and nothing surrounding the way I phrased it implied it is a situation I am proud of. I have said this already in previous posts.

You told me you were pleased to see how I had backed down about it to another poster! I have already said to you that yes, I could see that the queue comment could come across as boastful to someone determined to take it at face value and ignore my jocular tone and emoticons. You accuse both Foo.mp3 and I of re-contextualising things, but I think that what you're doing is worse; you are ignoring the points I am making in my defence and charging on regardless, and even apparently forgetting exchanges we've already had.

You also claim that you are drawing the only reasonable and obvious meaning from what I've written, which is, quite frankly, rubbish. You have to do an awful lot of reading between the lines to decide I was boasting about having men hung up on me. You leapt to conclusions, and down my throat, about something you made up by yourself. Yes, as I've conceded several times now, I understand why an outsider might think the "queue" comment was boastful, but I DO NOT see how saying "My ex is still in love with me" can be (reasonably, if at all) construed as arrogant, or crowing, or any of that rubbish. IT IS A STATEMENT OF FACT. As is "I am wearing a pair of jeans today." I would expect that to be taken at face value, though you could come along and decide I must be ashamed of the shape of my legs, or couldn't be bothered to shave them so felt I had to conceal them, or that I REALLY think a load of strangers online cares about what I'm wearing.

thts quite a mouthful
I have no idea what this thread has now become about exactly, but gonna post OT for me...

I've done it a few times with one particular ex. Don't ask me why, because he honestly treated me like absolute ****. He called me up a while later to genuinely ask for forgiveness and apologise and all that **** and I was stupid enough to believe him. I have noone to blame but myself and I'm not saying it was a smart thing to do, but what's done is done. I thought I could separate feelings from sex, and I think when it comes to exes you definitely can't.
Reply 82
Original post by Jessticles
I have no idea what this thread has now become about exactly, but gonna post OT for me...

I've done it a few times with one particular ex. Don't ask me why, because he honestly treated me like absolute ****. He called me up a while later to genuinely ask for forgiveness and apologise and all that **** and I was stupid enough to believe him. I have noone to blame but myself and I'm not saying it was a smart thing to do, but what's done is done. I thought I could separate feelings from sex, and I think when it comes to exes you definitely can't.

i lost track a while back lol
Woah. My current position... which has just gone slightly belly-up.
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
trying too hard to use Big Words to meander around the crux.

justified such a flatulant [sic] comment

I found these two statements incongruous. You're an interesting individual.
Reply 85
If I ever broke up with my current girlfriend I definitely would because shes so nice and super hot i couldnt ever say no, but if i was single - my actual ex no, never in a million years
Yes. But thats because none of them meant anything to me so it would be straight up fun.......then leave before you miss the last bus home
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
x

Can you shut up please, you're really annoying.
(edited 11 years ago)
There truly is no limit to what idiots will argue about on the internet. This is why we cant have nice things.

As all of my exes have been mighty fine and I broke up with all of them. Yes. Yes I would.
Reply 89
why would you go back to vanilla? :s
I had sex with an ex as a rebound from my most recent ex.
Probably not the greatest decision I ever made but we're both emotionally mature enough to deal wiv it
I would. She was pretty fit. No reason to hang around after or whatever, so no need to feel awkward.

And I'd secretly film it and stick it on the internet everywhere. Hahahahaaa. Wouldn't that be just glorious.
Reply 92
No. The reason being that I'm in a relationship, but also, he is bat**** crazy.
Original post by Mrx123
If you were feeling really down and your ex offered you some comfort like Sex, would you do it or would the past prevent you from going back.

That would be ridiculously hard, i'm a guy and was once sexually attracted to my ex's and still am so the thought of nailing them would definantly turn my head.

BUT

I'd think about the consequences, NO girl wants just a random hookup, if a girl wants to hook up with in ex 90% of the time it's because the girl has feelings for the guy and hopes sleeping with him will eventually lead to them getting back together.

In my oppinion i would say no to my two last ex's lol as both of them were slightly crazy. But you know my last ex had a phenomenal unparalleled ass that no girl will ever compare too, so i would love to revisit that, and then the girl before that had a rack like you wouldn't believe so you know who knows.

Great thread man i was thinking about this a couple days ago lol.
Reply 94
Original post by Alevelsareboring

That would be ridiculously hard, i'm a guy and was once sexually attracted to my ex's and still am so the thought of nailing them would definantly turn my head.

BUT

I'd think about the consequences, NO girl wants just a random hookup, if a girl wants to hook up with in ex 90% of the time it's because the girl has feelings for the guy and hopes sleeping with him will eventually lead to them getting back together.

In my oppinion i would say no to my two last ex's lol as both of them were slightly crazy. But you know my last ex had a phenomenal unparalleled ass that no girl will ever compare too, so i would love to revisit that, and then the girl before that had a rack like you wouldn't believe so you know who knows.

I know what you mean,I've considered going bk to an ex straight after a break up but I wouldnt be able to go through with it because they'd want to get back together.....life can be hard when you end something like a relationship
Reply 95
Original post by Mrx123
nope, lost it a while ago......lol not everyone has a ton of sex in their teens...if they do then their stupid

I would like to know why you class me as stupid, when im going to cambridge uni.. My life has not been hindered by alot of sex so...

your stupid.
Reply 96
Original post by Alevelsareboring

BUT

Where is this 90% Statistic infomation coming from?

Or are you soo popular you know all the girls in the world?

Yeah i didnt think so..
Reply 97
Original post by Moneys
I would like to know why you class me as stupid, when im going to cambridge uni.. My life has not been hindered by alot of sex so...

your stupid.

ha like tht means anything anymore
Reply 98
Original post by Mrx123
ha like tht means anything anymore

Lol what?, i guess even you dont know what your talking about lol...
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex with an ex as a rebound from my most recent ex.
Probably not the greatest decision I ever made but we're both emotionally mature enough to deal wiv it

That's exactly what I did last summer! I really shouldn't have though

Quick Reply

Latest