The Student Room Group

Any tips for a weekend of AS revision?

Hey guys,

Next Tuesday I've got my first AS history exam (Germany and Russia 1881-1914), English lit (Larkin/Abse poems and Murmuring Judges) on Wednesday and Economics (Edexcel unit 1) on Friday.
I'm staying home all weekend to revise but I've no idea how to cram successfully... any ideas?

Reply 1
Take lots of breaks and try to motivate yourself with food :L I think were doing the same history exam :smile: AQA?
Reply 2
revise like a tank
i dont want to hear you moaning or complaining
just ****ing revise
do you understand?
Reply 3
Original post by dongonaeatu
revise like a tank
just ****ing revise
do you understand?

YYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS Sir!
Reply 4
Original post by jada897
Take lots of breaks and try to motivate yourself with food :L I think were doing the same history exam :smile: AQA?

Sounds like good motivation to me :P
Yeah, that's the one! You prepared?
Reply 5
Original post by dongonaeatu
revise like a tank
just ****ing revise
do you understand?

Understood!
Reply 6
Original post by AndISaidRuby
Sounds like good motivation to me :P
Yeah, that's the one! You prepared?

Umm sort of, I understand the spec but its just dates :/ and opposition is a bit hard.. you?
Reply 7
If you set an alarm to go off every 40 mins, have a 10 min break and get some water, food or chill for a bit and go back to working, do it as many times as you want.
How do you revise successfully? I have exams next week :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by jada897
Umm sort of, I understand the spec but its just dates :/ and opposition is a bit hard.. you?

Sme pretty much, I'm really bad with dates and numbers but hey-ho, can always re-sit :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 00collins
If you set an alarm to go off every 40 mins, have a 10 min break and get some water, food or chill for a bit and go back to working, do it as many times as you want.
How do you revise successfully? I have exams next week :frown:

I did loads of mind maps and stuck them on the outside of my shower (tis glass) and around my bathroom/kitchen which seems to work. You gotta make sure you know it all though so I tend to teach it back to myself once I can remember it. See if it works tomorrow :')
Reply 10
Just make sure you hide your phone ipod so that it doesnt distract you by keeping looking at it every 5 seconds. Work for an hour then have a 10 minute break, dont make your break too long otherwise you wont get back to it. You will revise a lot more when you know you have to do it then or you wont get it done! Yeah have loads of food and drink where your working so you dont keep having to get up! and do it an airy and well lit room so you dont fall asleep! ahahah. This is how i manage to do 7 hours of revision a day. :biggrin:
Hey guys,

Next Tuesday I've got my first AS history exam (Germany and Russia 1881-1914), English lit (Larkin/Abse poems and Murmuring Judges) on Wednesday and Economics (Edexcel unit 1) on Friday.
I'm staying home all weekend to revise but I've no idea how to cram successfully... any ideas?

WE'RE DOING THE SAME SUBJECTS! :biggrin:
Except I'm doing Russia 1881-1953 in Hist and Browning and Turn of the Screw in Lit.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Vision
Reply 12
Original post by cesca42
WE'RE DOING THE SAME SUBJECTS! :biggrin:
Except I'm doing Russia 1881-1953 in Hist and Browning and Turn of the Screw in Lit.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Vision

Aha! If you tell me you're also taking music, you're gonna scare me :P
Reply 13
Snacks!
Aha! If you tell me you're also taking music, you're gonna scare me :P

No, I'm doing Italian :P

Still, three out of four is pretty good. No one else in my school does the same subjects as me, I was convinced I was the odd one out.
Reply 15
Original post by cesca42
No, I'm doing Italian :P

Still, three out of four is pretty good. No one else in my school does the same subjects as me, I was convinced I was the odd one out.

Come to think of it, I'm the only one doing my combination of subjects at my place :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending