The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography B Unit 2 People and the Planet 18/06/12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skittle123
LOL, I love blonde hair!
Ohh blonde highlights are pretty :smile:
Yeah, fair does, also, if your eyebrows are a bit dark, it may look weird xD

Thanks haha :smile: Yeah I have normal (dark brown/black) eyebrows haha :smile:. This is slightly off topic xD
Reply 41
Original post by sophiekutie
Thanks haha :smile: Yeah I have normal (dark brown/black) eyebrows haha :smile:. This is slightly off topic xD

Indeed :smile:
I hope my long paragraph (sorry) on Topic 5 helps :biggrin:
Okay, so this is all that i've got in my revision booklet for TOPIC 5;
Make sure you know what an ecological footprint is (Amount of land used for consumption and waste production)
->So things such as in salisbury and winchester, they have pretty much the same circumstances, however, winchester has a lot more pollution etc, (due to people trravelling to and from, people are rich there so they spend more on holidays abroad, they get expensive products etc)

Footprints differ between countries because:
EXAMPLE: UK
->Some people consume more than others
->Consumer goods are different (fridges, that kinda stuff)
->Buy imported goods (coffee, food) So food miles are bigger
->Own and run more cars, contribute to CO2 levels, which contributes to Global warming
->Spend money on foriegn holidays
->People generate mroe waste.

EXAMPLE: KENYA
->Peopel consume less due to lower incomes
->Many grow thier own food (low food miles)
->People either walk or cycle
->Electricity is expensive so not many people have it.

So a case study that could be used is:

LONDON-
"How is London reducing energy consumption?"
Okay so this includes things such as the Congestion Charge (its really expensive so no one wants to use it)

For a sustainable solution thing u coudl say stuff about Bedzed?

Green consumerism may come up.
It includes Farmers Markets (less food miles, its good for the local community), Barclay Bikes (encourages people to use bikes and not cars) And improved Public Transport (so cheaper fares, making them nicer, so peopel want to use it. Less CO2 emmisions), it includes Recycling.

Yeah, thats about it i think. I hope it helped :biggrin:
Thats all that my revision booklet that my teacher gave me says :P
x

Whoa!! I want that booklet!! Haha my school's one if full of random typo's and blanks :tongue: :frown:
Thank you soooo much!!! :biggrin:
(by the way are barklay's bikes the same as 'borris bikes' - the blue hire ones in London?) haha xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Indeed :smile:
I hope my long paragraph (sorry) on Topic 5 helps :biggrin:

It's sooooo helpful!! Thank you sooooo much!!! :biggrin:
Whoop!! I actually might pass this section now :smile:
Reply 44
It's sooooo helpful!! Thank you sooooo much!!! :biggrin:
Whoop!! I actually might pass this section now :smile:

No problem :smile:
If you need anymore help, just quote :smile:
Ah you probably woulda passed anyways :P

Yeah The "barclays bikes" are the blue hire ones that some people call Boris Bikes because he introduced them xD
No problem :smile:
If you need anymore help, just quote :smile:
Ah you probably woulda passed anyways :P

Yeah The "barclays bikes" are the blue hire ones that some people call Boris Bikes because he introduced them xD

Haha thanks! Yeah in 'Essex' we call them Borris bikes! :wink: haha xD
Reply 46
Haha thanks! Yeah in 'Essex' we call them Borris bikes! :wink: haha xD

LOLS :P
I call them that myself
Reply 47
Was wondering if I was in the right thread for a second after reading about eye brow and hair colour :smile:
How's your revision going guys?
What topics are you doing for the 'select your own choice' questions at the end?

I think I'm doing Changing Countryside and Development Dilemmas, so if you guys are doing them, I'd love to hear about any revision notes you've got!

And I know exactly what you mean about the typo's and blanks in the revision guides from our teachers - my teacher has posted the same guide 2 or 3 times over on our website, and most of it is "fill in your own ideas here" - which is NOT what I want to be doing for my last minute revision! :P
Original post by Bixel
Was wondering if I was in the right thread for a second after reading about eye brow and hair colour :smile:
How's your revision going guys?
What topics are you doing for the 'select your own choice' questions at the end?

I think I'm doing Changing Countryside and Development Dilemmas, so if you guys are doing them, I'd love to hear about any revision notes you've got!

And I know exactly what you mean about the typo's and blanks in the revision guides from our teachers - my teacher has posted the same guide 2 or 3 times over on our website, and most of it is "fill in your own ideas here" - which is NOT what I want to be doing for my last minute revision! :P

Haha yeah sorry about the random spinoff about my awesome face! :wink:

I'm doing 5 and 7. (changing cities and development dilemma's)
Haha your revision guide sounds fun like mine too. Except mine are like: copy the notes in the table, and the table is blank xD

I bought the 'holder education' revision guide instead. It's sooo much more useful! But the case studies are different to the ones I know so that's probably why I'm confused :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone wanna help me finish topic 7 real quick? :s x
Haha yeah sorry about the random spinoff about my awesome face! :wink:

I'm doing 5 and 7. (changing cities and development dilemma's)
Haha your revision guide sounds fun like mine too. Except mine are like: copy the notes in the table, and the table is blank xD

I bought the 'holder education' revision guide instead. It's sooo much more useful! But the case studies are different to the ones I know so that's probably why I'm confused :tongue:

im doing 5 and 7 too, i just finished going over 7 so now im going to go over the compulsory units quicklyy. i cant wait til the exam is over !!
Original post by JacquelineJoy
im doing 5 and 7 too, i just finished going over 7 so now im going to go over the compulsory units quicklyy. i cant wait til the exam is over !!

I'm struggling with 7... Just because my brain wants to go die right about now :tongue:

Me too!!!! Tomorrow afternoon is gonna be so great! :h:
Reply 52
Alright guys, i'm new here but i've got this exam tomorrow too, feeling ok about it! Our teacher gave us this revision guide which i found useful, just found it on the web if you haven't got it already: http://www.cheshunt.herts.sch.uk/Mainfolder/Geography%20Revision%20Guide%20Miss%20Tassell.pdf
I'm guessing its ok to post links? :L
So what grades are you lot hoping to get then, by hope i mean realistically :wink:
Anyone re sitting the DME Geography test next week too?
I'm struggling with 7... Just because my brain wants to go die right about now :tongue:

Me too!!!! Tomorrow afternoon is gonna be so great! :h:

oooh, yhh sometimes i think my brain gets tiredd and i just switch off loool
i have statistics :frown: in the afternoon.

i really dont know what case studies i need to know for living spaces and making a living ??
Original post by Bixel
:P

Quick question. Is the akasombo dam (Ghana) a top-down approach?
Reply 55
I've got this exam tomorrow too, feeling ok surprisingly! What are you guys aiming for tomorrow, grade wise that is. Anyone re sitting the DME exam too?
Original post by Jackass.
I've got this exam tomorrow too, feeling ok surprisingly! What are you guys aiming for tomorrow, grade wise that is. Anyone re sitting the DME exam too?

Dme?

I'm aiming for at least an A because I got 100% in my first exam, just fingers crossed for a nice paper I guess

How about you?
Reply 57
DME is the Decision making exam, we did it last year. Was about fishing industry and that? The topic of it might vary though...
I'm aiming for the A too, got it in a mock but that's always the case isn't it! ;D
Wow, 100%, nice one. What did you get in the coursework?
Original post by Jackass.
DME is the Decision making exam, we did it last year. Was about fishing industry and that? The topic of it might vary though...
I'm aiming for the A too, got it in a mock but that's always the case isn't it! ;D
Wow, 100%, nice one. What did you get in the coursework?

They won't tell us coursework because they can't be bothered to byte them out of the cupboard! :tongue:
Most people are doing that exam this year,(the exam board reccomend at the end of year 11) ours is about the olymics, which is cool, but it's kinda making me be bored of the Olympics now! Lol
Reply 59
haha, if they'd done that in my school i'd have gone mental, was desperate to find out what i got. Would have practically cried if i'd got C or lower! :L
Ah alright, it was stupid really, i know people who got A*'s on Unit one yet got C/D's on the DME! It wasn't even hard, well we didn't think!
Ah yeah, think we're doing that too. Haven't started yet though, got 2 full days of it next week though -.-

Quick Reply