The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Joel4fun4u
This is the price you pay for thinking you're too good to follow the same system as everyone else.

pwish :/ wasn't my idea the first place. I was forced to it for personal reasons.
Stay at a guy's house :thumbsup:
Bring It On!
pwish :/ wasn't my idea the first place. I was forced to it for personal reasons.

And now you have to suffer the consequences. Enjoy being the odd one out.
Make friends with someone that looks like you :smile:
Reply 44
Tag along and hope you don't get ID'd. :p:
Thats what I would do anyway.
Or I've heard of people showing their ID, despite the birthday on it being underage and still getting in.
Reply 45
xmarilynx
Make friends with someone that looks like you :smile:

How would that help?
Lots of people start Uni at 17 - you'll be fine!
maxfire
How would that help?

OK, let me re-phrase that. Make friends with someone who looks like you, but is over 18 with ID. (I assume almost everyone else there will be.)
maxfire
How would that help?

Swap IDs
Reply 49
xmarilynx
OK, let me re-phrase that. Make friends with someone who looks like you, but is over 18 with ID. (I assume almost everyone else there will be.)

Yeah so then you go somewhere with that person, you both get ID'd and you enter and who cares about you friend? :p:
xinitoo1
Yeah so then you go somewhere with that person, you both get ID'd and you enter and who cares about you friend? :p:

Most people have more than one form of ID (passport and DL), and you would go in separately, obviously. Erm, not that I'm condoning anything illegal of course, it was just a suggestion :p:
explosions hurt
Swap IDs

At least somebody else got what I meant! :five:
Get a six-pack of Pandy Shandy and watch Strictly Come Dancing.
Reply 53
sarahlousie
ah right cool, do you look older than 17? you might get away without getting asked for ID on student nights. You might not have any problems going on nights out to your student union because at my student union they just ask to see your student card on entry and not ID.

This. If your union just want student ID you'll have no problem getting in, mine never asked for additional ID, if you were as student that was good enough! The other option is to find out if theres a time when your union start checking IDs - mine never did before about 8pm so my little sister used to come down with me at about 7 and then just wait until the place filled up. Once you're in they'll serve you without checking.
Reply 54
I really would do a gap year, work hard and earn money. Uni will not be the same at all being 17. You will get in nowhere in london at 17 without getting id'd
Reply 55
explosions hurt
Swap IDs

Oh
wow this is depressing :frown: Will I have no chance in making friends without nightouts and alcohol?
have no worries

if you go there in good spirit you will make friends and stuff.
Joel4fun4u
This is the price you pay for thinking you're too good to follow the same system as everyone else.

this doesn't apply to the OP but the age thing is different in scotland..alot of people finish school at the age of 17 after thier final year.

there arelots of people in my halls with this problem..they've been borrowing driver's licence and a couple of like,boots cards/tesco clubcards/blood donor cards with the person's name on it.
and the older person will just use thier own passport and everybody's happy.

the other option is flat parties...and at least that way you'll alsohave somewhere to stay.:yep:
Reply 59
Joel4fun4u

:awesome:

when we were 17, we were stuck in 6th form. :fuhrer:

Latest