The Student Room Group

Russians

Scroll to see replies

Bismarck
Do you know Kovalchuk from the NHL or is he from Omsk? :smile: I lived for a year or so in Tuva if that counts.

Mate, Kovalchuk is from Tver. (not far from Moscow).
OVECHKIN is from Moscow by the way :smile:
Daymoon 2nd
well girls are supposed to be "short" :yep:

:biggrin: thats true, but not all of them are..so its like me and this model-size girls))) but hey we all know who wins:p:
Reply 922
NIk
I highly doubt that bro.

You may have to go to college and do GCSE's/A-levels there. If you'd completed the full 11/12 years of school and had a final certificate with all your marks, they may have counted as A-levels here. However with your marks from year 8 it will be problematic. See, in year 9 everyone has to sit the SATs test in science, maths and English. Based on their scores people are then allocated into different tiers for their GCSEs, which then take 2 years to complete. Apart from going to college, not really sure what else to advise you...

You've got it all wrong =D
I wanted to go back to Russia - Pilot training is promissing there. Here at OAA they wan't 72 000 quid to become a pilot.
I am at year 12 right now.
Reply 923
DynamicQ
I wanted to go back to Russia - Pilot training is promissing there. Here at OAA they wan't 72 000 quid to become a pilot.

Lol, my bad bro... My Russian aint what it used to be... Good luck with your A-levels!
studying it at uni..just finished 1st year, but don't think i'll EVER get fluent..its so hard!!
Reply 925
Barbara Novak
studying it at uni..just finished 1st year, but don't think i'll EVER get fluent..its so hard!!

it is possible. My advice is go to Russia, or a Russianspeaking country, where you would be in a better environment to practise your skills.
Reply 926
Kondar
Hello Russians!! My name is Nic and Im an american, but I have travelled all over and I can honestly say that Russia is my favorite country. I love the Russian authors and even dropped out of Uni to live in work in Russia for a few months. I have taken a year of Russian at uni, but I cant remember where the keys are on my keyboard.... it would take me forever to type something.

I plan on attending Uni in either St Petes or Moscow next fall (2006) any reccomendations? Moscow is supposed to be a better Uni, but St Petes is one of the oldest in Russia....

Hi! I am an American as well and I would like to do exactly what you have done/are doing! Do you think fitting in to Russian society would be anymore difficult as a women, let alone a Hispanic one? That is probably so primitive and pretentious sounding, but I have heard horror stories!
I was also considering joining the Peace Corps and trying for the mission in the Ukraine!
Hi everyone ^^ /Всем привет :P/
It's a quick note to greet everyone who is from Russia or speaks Russian or just like me is interested in Russia.
I got deep inlove with this gorgeous country when I was at the age of 10 and my grandfather told me about its magic!"I love Russia. Its золотые закатов" - он начал what sounded to be a fairytale. He told me about the cold winter with the wind, freezing his blood, the grey waters of the Neva river and the tea from самовар. He told me about the people, proud to be Russians, who would die for their country! Одни воспоменания...

I grew older but this magical country stayed in my heart 4ever! I started writing stories and at least one of the main characters was Russian, because there's nothing better than being one!
Reply 928
AlexLouren
Hi everyone ^^ /Всем привет :P/
It's a quick note to greet everyone who is from Russia or speaks Russian or just like me is interested in Russia.
I got deep inlove with this gorgeous country when I was at the age of 10 and my grandfather told me about its magic!"I love Russia. Its золотые закатов" - он начал what sounded to be a fairytale. He told me about the cold winter with the wind, freezing his blood, the grey waters of the Neva river and the tea from самовар. He told me about the people, proud to be Russians, who would die for their country! Одни воспоменания...

I grew older but this magical country stayed in my heart 4ever! I started writing stories and at least one of the main characters was Russian, because there's nothing better than being one!

Haha nice :smile:

I like Russia too. There so much to it - And to its people.
Do you study Russian now?
Any russians going to leeds met this year?
Original post by bernardshakespeare
An alliance, once corporeal and now spiritual exists between the Serbian and Russian brothers. Orthodox Christianity, amongst other things, binds us together. As a Serb, I wish to join this society to honour the Russian Tsardom for what it once was, and what it once again shall be.

Me too! Whereabouts you from mate?
Privet vcem :smile:

I'm currently living in England though I'm Russian and was born in Moscow. Anyone here Orthodox? x
Reply 932
Privet
...partly Orthodox ...or rather Evangelical.
anyone interested in reading Stalin's poetry?

To the Moon by Soselo (Josef Stalin)

Move tirelessly
Do not hang your head
Scatter the mist of the clouds
The Lord's Providence is great.
Gently smile at the earth
Stretched out beneath you;
Sing a lullaby to the glacier
Strung down from the heavens.
Know for certain that once
Struck down to the ground, an oppressed man
Strives again to reach the pure mountain,
When exalted by hope.
So, lovely moon, as before
Glimmer through the clouds;
Pleasantly in the azure vault
Make your beams play.
But I shall undo my vest
And thrust out my chest to the moon,
With outstretched arms, I shall revere
The spreader of light upon the earth!

Translated by Donald Rayfield

Morning

The pinkish bud has opened,
Rushing to the pale-blue violet
And, stirred by a light breeze,
The lily of the valley has bent over the grass.

The lark has sung in the dark blue,
Flying higher than the clouds
And the sweet-sounding nightingale
Has sung a song to children from the bushes.

Flower, oh my Georgia!
Let peace reign in my native land!
And may you, friends, make renowned
Our Motherland by study!
Reading these, it's hard to believe that this very man went to to murder 20 million people... I reckon he should have stuck to the poetry
Reply 935
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Reading these, it's hard to believe that this very man went to to murder 20 million people... I reckon he should have stuck to the poetry

Maybe he wanted an inspiration, like the Nero guy who burnt Rome
Would any native russians be kind enough to suggest some good places to go in Moscow, St Petersburg and Kazan ... I'm traveling out there in a few months and trying to put together an itenary for sights to see in the cities aside from the obvious ones like Red Square, Kremlin, Hermitage etc.
Ta :smile:
Original post by Elliwhi
Privet vcem :smile:

I'm currently living in England though I'm Russian and was born in Moscow. Anyone here Orthodox? x

I was also born in Moscow, now live in Midlands and was only baptized as a Russian Orthodox about 3 years ago in a village near Ulyanovsk. Because I was a foreigner I made the backpage of the local paper lmao
Тут по русски кто нибудь шпарить? Если да, то прятно познакомится! Говорю на русском уже 5 лет. Как дела девченки?
Original post by DynamicQ

Здраствуй!!! Привет из Казахстана!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending