The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tortious
I can forward it to you if you like - I sent it to Zoe via PM last night and then Alex posted it on the thread, so it's around somewhere (not sure if you've seen it). I thought it unlikely he'd be up at our end since he used to be near Selwyn, but clearly you never know...although I suppose the college was already keeping an eye out since we have hostels in Selwyn Gardens.

Anyway, I'm glad I passed it on. Zoe told her friends, one of whom happens to be their JCR President who raised it with Emma's Master at their meeting, which is particularly fortunate since a number of them go home via Botolph Lane late at night. It definitely gave me good karma for today's exam!

I guess if he's by Boltoph Lane, I'll just steer clear of that area late at night (though since someone I know may be visiting friends around that area after exams, I may warn her to be careful. She's usually cautious but better safe than sorry). Quite scary that he's getting really close to the centre/is now in the centre...
Reply 81
Original post by Zoedotdot
So apparently I would make a really good wife because I am beautiful like the sun and speak three languages. Taxi driver, you have made my day :p:

PRSOM. You will make an awesome wife!!!
Original post by BigFudamental
Anyone watch panorama tonight? Heavy stuff...

No. *goes off to check iPlayer*
Reply 83
Original post by alex_hk90
No. *goes off to check iPlayer*

Wall-E is on there, so be careful:p:
So apparently I would make a really good wife because I am beautiful like the sun and speak three languages. Taxi driver, you have made my day :p:

I've always thought that but have been too shy to say so in the past.

Original post by Slumpy

Wall-E, Face/Off and Kill Bill vol. 1. It's pretty dangerous...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Slumpy

I have managed to resist. And I think the Panorama episode is too heavy for last thing at night before going to bed so I'm giving it a miss.

:lol:
Reply 86

Why thank you :biggrin:

Very amused :lol:
Reply 87

Wall-E won over the others by being shorter, and more an acceptable pre-bed thing:p:
Reply 88

Awwww :p:
Reply 89
To be fair, I also pretended that I saw some amazing goal by Rooney the other day so that probably helped :p:
To be fair, I also pretended that I saw some amazing goal by Rooney the other day so that probably helped :p:

In the Champions League final? I don't recall it being that amazing. :nah: Then again you didn't see it so it's fair enough you didn't know that. :tongue:
Reply 91
In the Champions League final? I don't recall it being that amazing. :nah: Then again you didn't see it so it's fair enough you didn't know that. :tongue:

It was pretty good! Though Villa's was the best of the night imo.
Reply 92

It was just taxi driver chat, they always ask what football team you support. I said Liverpool this time at random, because I like how it sounds in Russian. He supports Manchester United. Then I was treated to a spiel about this incredible goal blah blah blah, i nodded along and came out with a few adjectives in agreement. He said it was the best goal he's ever seen in his life. Then we moved on to how amazing I am at Russian (due to my knowledge of positive adjectives) and my generally radiant beauty. By the time I got out of the cab he was calling me his 'little pigeon'. All in a ten minute journey, pretty impressive I thought :p:

I thought it was mainly good due to the fact that it gave the very false hope that it might mean an actual game of football rather than a lesson of how to play football
Reply 94
It was just taxi driver chat, they always ask what football team you support. I said Liverpool this time at random, because I like how it sounds in Russian. He supports Manchester United. Then I was treated to a spiel about this incredible goal blah blah blah, i nodded along and came out with a few adjectives in agreement. He said it was the best goal he's ever seen in his life. Then we moved on to how amazing I am at Russian (due to my knowledge of positive adjectives) and my generally radiant beauty. By the time I got out of the cab he was calling me his 'little pigeon'. All in a ten minute journey, pretty impressive I thought :p:

This is amazing.

The closest I've ever come to that is a 'writer' on the streets of Paris in the middle of the night asking if I wanted to come up and see the book he was writing... He also thanked me (presumably on behalf of all French people) for the fact that I was studying French, because none of the young people can speak it any more, it's in decline, etc... and gave me his business card, which I've still got.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Melz0r
This is amazing.

The closest I've ever come to that is a 'writer' on the streets of Paris in the middle of the night asking if I wanted to come up and see the book he was writing... He also thanked me (presumably on behalf of all French people) for the fact that I was studying French, because none of the young people can speak it any more, it's in decline, etc... and gave me his business card, which I've still got.

Hahaha amazing! We also had some guy invite us up to his suite when we were turned away from the bar at a hotel because it was full yesterday. He said we could 'look at the view'. We left pretty sharpish :lol:
Reply 96
Hahaha amazing! We also had some guy invite us up to his suite when we were turned away from the bar at a hotel because it was full yesterday. He said we could 'look at the view'. We left pretty sharpish :lol:

Haha, I had a (fortunately only jokingly) marriage proposal at the weekend from a friend's brother. When he found out that I go to Cambridge, he decided that that meant that I must be part of an elite :rolleyes:...and so he offered me a house in the south of Chile and a personal chef if I'd marry him, hahaha :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 97

The funniest thing about it was that all the French people I spoke to about it couldn't believe I hadn't taken up his offer of spending a day ensemble... I told them I didn't find him attractive and they didn't see this as any reason to prevent you letting a man take you out for dinner!
Reply 98
Original post by Crazy_emz
Haha, I had a (fortunately only jokingly) marriage proposal at the weekend from a friend's brother. When he found out that I go to Cambridge, he decided that that meant that I must be part of an elite :rolleyes:...and so he offered me a house in the south of Chile and a personal chef if I'd marry him, hahaha :biggrin::biggrin:

When we went to Egypt, we were talking to a market trader and he took a shine to my sister. She's 6'3", has blonde hair and blue eyes, and the guy "jokingly" put his arm around her and said to my dad that she looked like a model and he'd give him two camels for her.

He backed off pretty sharpish when he found out she was 14...
Reply 99
14 and 6ft 3?!

Latest

Trending

Trending