The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Mid table mediocrity it is then :yy:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Hmm looks like its gonna be Hughes then. I like your username btw, reference to Radiohead?

Yup, meaning that we're sentenced to, as the person above says, mid-table mediocrity . . .

And yeah it is! I wanted just 'Idioteque' but it was taken. Btw, this is going to sound really strange, but I think we have a mutual friend; I'll PM you :smile:
Could it be any more obvious? :rofl2:
Original post by Kidioteque
Yup, meaning that we're sentenced to, as the person above says, mid-table mediocrity . . .

And yeah it is! I wanted just 'Idioteque' but it was taken. Btw, this is going to sound really strange, but I think we have a mutual friend; I'll PM you :smile:

Lol mid table mediocrity! Thats better than being relegated though I suppose. Kidioteque sounds like a mash up of Kid A and Idioteque so is better. Idioteque is one of my favourite Radiohead songss!
Lol mid table mediocrity! Thats better than being relegated though I suppose. Kidioteque sounds like a mash up of Kid A and Idioteque so is better. Idioteque is one of my favourite Radiohead songss!

Yeah I guess, I just hope that we don't become tediously boring to watch because of him. And haha, I didn't think of that! Er I mean, that's why I did it . . . :ninja: :wink:
Im not sure why people think we are destined for mid table maybe they dont know that Mark Hughes is retired and the players are the people that win games not the managers.
Yeah I guess, I just hope that we don't become tediously boring to watch because of him. And haha, I didn't think of that! Er I mean, that's why I did it . . . :ninja: :wink:

If he plays Albrighton, it won't be too boring to watch Villa, we need more Albrighton, he made almost as many assists as Downing this season!
If he plays Albrighton, it won't be too boring to watch Villa, we need more Albrighton, he made almost as many assists as Downing this season!

Marc's a class act. Although I expect we'll be forced into playing him on the wing next season, as it looks as though we'll be losing Young and Downing . . . Don't mind selling them to be honest, I'd be more bothered about making sure we put the money to good use!
Marc's a class act. Although I expect we'll be forced into playing him on the wing next season, as it looks as though we'll be losing Young and Downing . . . Don't mind selling them to be honest, I'd be more bothered about making sure we put the money to good use!

I'm hoping Downing will stay one more season, he hasn't expressed explicit desire to leave yet and he still has another two years to go. We definitely need some major signings though to keep going, Darren Bent style signings...
I'm hoping Downing will stay one more season, he hasn't expressed explicit desire to leave yet and he still has another two years to go. We definitely need some major signings though to keep going, Darren Bent style signings...

Makes me laugh how everybody was slating us for paying £24million when he's scored the same number of goals as Carroll, Suarez, Dzeko and Torres put together since joining. And yeah, I get the impression that it might just be his agent fishing for a wage increase or something . . .
Reply 90
I want to see Adam Johnson given a regular run somewhere. I get the sense he drifts in and out of games at the moment, maybe 30 starts a season would add some consistency. Could be a good replacement for Young/Downing, not sure how available he'll be this summer but Mancini doesn't seem to rate him :dontknow:
So Hughes is being reported as not in the frame for the job, which in my eyes leaves only one alternative: Carlo. So many twists and turns . . .

Original post by Louis.
I want to see Adam Johnson given a regular run somewhere. I get the sense he drifts in and out of games at the moment, maybe 30 starts a season would add some consistency. Could be a good replacement for Young/Downing, not sure how available he'll be this summer but Mancini doesn't seem to rate him :dontknow:

Good call!
Makes me laugh how everybody was slating us for paying £24million when he's scored the same number of goals as Carroll, Suarez, Dzeko and Torres put together since joining. And yeah, I get the impression that it might just be his agent fishing for a wage increase or something . . .

Ah just a wage increase? Ye if we are letting go of young, that won't matter that much. Do you go to many Villa games?
Ah just a wage increase? Ye if we are letting go of young, that won't matter that much. Do you go to many Villa games?

Maybe - I just don't believe the hype about wanting to play Champion's League football when the strongest link is with Liverpool: a team who don't even have Europa League football this season, let alone CL. And only when I can, and not as often as I'd like. Probably only about 9 or 10 games a season. Do you?
Original post by Louis.

Fundamental issue with him is he's not fast enough to make it as a top winger.
Reply 95
Original post by warwickorbristol
Fundamental issue with him is he's not fast enough to make it as a top winger.

And I suppose there's not much you can do about that, but although it might mean he won't make it at you Villa aren't looking for a top winger. Don't think they'll be able to do too much better really.
Maybe - I just don't believe the hype about wanting to play Champion's League football when the strongest link is with Liverpool: a team who don't even have Europa League football this season, let alone CL. And only when I can, and not as often as I'd like. Probably only about 9 or 10 games a season. Do you?

I'm busy most Saturdays so only about 5 or 6 games a season, I am one of the Acorns fundraisers when i do go, its pretty fun.
Reply 97
Goodness knows what Hughes is up to. Chelsea won't have him - Everton if Moyes leaves? Can't see that happening either. The Leprachaun to Fulham rings true though. With Ancelotti in the charge DJ staying is a real possibility, but what sort of reception would he get? Webcam will go regardless.
I'm busy most Saturdays so only about 5 or 6 games a season, I am one of the Acorns fundraisers when i do go, its pretty fun.

Sounds cool :smile: I think it's a shame we didn't keep Acorns as our sponsor, but I suppose money talks.
Reply 99
They may well be the sponser for this year, its gone very quiet on that front - but then there have been more pressing matters at hand.

Should mention - the Villa kids have been entered into a European tournament this season;

Villa can today confirm it will compete against some of Europe's top clubs in a Champions League-style U19s tournament which starts in 2011-12.

Sixteen clubs including Barcelona and Inter Milan have confirmed their involvement in The Nextgen Series - a six-month format which allows the continent's top young footballers to compete against each other week in, week out for the first time.

Liverpool. Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, PSV, Celtic and Sporting Lisbon will also take part.

Sanctioned by UEFA and the FA, the tournament has been established to help Europe's best teenagers make the transition from youth football to senior level.

Our group matches;

Aug 24: Ajax v Rosenborg/Aston Villa v Fenerbahce
Sep 7: Rosenborg v Aston Villa/Ajax v Fenerbahce
Sep 21: Aston Villa v Ajax/Fenerbahce v Rosenborg
Oct 5: Rosenborg v Ajax/Fenerbahce v Aston Villa
Oct 12: Rosenborg v Fenerbahce
Nov 2: Fenerbahce v Ajax/Aston Villa v Rosenborg
Nov 23: Ajax v Aston Villa

And home games will be a VP, so we will be seeing European football after all !

Latest