The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delta_Aitch
Yeah, I don't think I ever would get a foot tattoo, tbh. I like the thought of the rest of my tattoos being on my back or side or something. Discreet :yes:

Definitely have to agree with you!
Original post by cdsmith1990

Original post by cdsmith1990
I've only got bad-angle phone pics of mine but I'll share anyway...

It's a full Japanese sleeve; 2 Koi fish, 3 Lotus flowers, Cherry Blossoms and waves..

The Kanji I had done a few months before (cliche first tattoo) by a crap 'artist', but I had it re-done to fit in with the sleeve. It's supposed to say 'Gemini' but may well say 'Chicken Special With Rice' for all I know lol...

Anyway this is finished now after 18.5 hours, just a 1 hour touchup session in a couple weeks when I'll get proper photos taken:

Inner forearm, 16.5 hours:

Koi, 16.5 hours:

Inner arm after 18.5:

I've got all the progress pics but they suck lol..

It was done by Matt Hunt who owns Modern Body Art in Birmingham.. Touchup session at the start of July then 2 weeks later I'm starting my other arm with another artist from that studio, Rachel McCarthy. I'm having an inner forearm piece very similar to this that she did recently:

Just to address the 'regret it when you're 80' issue....

I went to the cemetery today for my grandad that died at Christmas, aged 80, from lung cancer. Then to the care home to visit my nan, also 80, who has Alzeimers.

Wrinkly tattoos are the very, very last thing I'm worried about in later life. Trust me.

your sleeve is brilliant :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:. and it was done at modern body art too! i go past that place nearly every week, i'm getting my scaffold piercing done there next week. :smile: xoxoxo
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
your sleeve is brilliant :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:. and it was done at modern body art too! i go past that place nearly every week, i'm getting my scaffold piercing done there next week. :smile: xoxoxo

Cheers!

Yeah MBA is great, I've had all my stuff done there :smile:
Reply 83
Fairly specific for someone who seems indifferent to getting one in the first place? :laugh:
Reply 84
Yeah, I don't think I ever would get a foot tattoo, tbh. I like the thought of the rest of my tattoos being on my back or side or something. Discreet :yes:

The advantage of a foot tattoo, though, is that the skin on the foot doesn't stretch and wrinkle much over time.

BOOM, found my other one.
Lighting is rubbish in this photo and its not as big as the second one, but it was my first and I honestly didn't think I'd go through with it so I was really proud of myself.

I went with a friend and she was supposed to get hers done first but she was getting her nails done next door and the tattoo artist said she should get her nails done first (hers was on her wrist) so I ended up going first and I was slightly more nervous because I thought I'd have another couple of hours to compose myself.
But it was the best decision I ever made and now I'm addicted :smile:
Original post by zjs
The advantage of a foot tattoo, though, is that the skin on the foot doesn't stretch and wrinkle much over time.

This is also very true :holmes: I don't have any good pictures of my tat except the one I took on the same day, but that's at a ****ty angle. I will try and find a pic :yy:
Reply 87
This is also very true :holmes: I don't have any good pictures of my tat except the one I took on the same day, but that's at a ****ty angle. I will try and find a pic :yy:

That's acceptable if you can't find another shot. :yes:
Original post by zjs
That's acceptable if you can't find another shot. :yes:

I will bear that in mind, good sir. :top2:
Reply 89
This is getting me excited about booking my tattoo :colondollar:

I've wanted the same kind of design since I was 16 although over the past years I've been changing my mind on WHERE on my body I've wanted it rather than WHAT, but I've finally decided :tongue:

OP's tattoo's are beautiful
Reply 90
Original post by zjs
Fairly specific for someone who seems indifferent to getting one in the first place? :laugh:

I'm 100% never, ever getting a tattoo and I know which words I'd get and where I'd get them. :tongue:

Original post by T-go
Do you know what those flowers are called? I can't find any information about it anywhere! :emo:

Maybe hibiscus?
http://www.djdownload.com/earworm/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/20080909_feg-hibiscus.jpg
Reply 91
I would never get a tatto, but wouldn't mind having a partner full of them :sexface:
Reply 92
Original post by Cicerao
I'm 100% never, ever getting a tattoo and I know which words I'd get and where I'd get them. :tongue:

Oh :laugh:. What makes you certain about what you'd get then? And, for that matter, what prompted you to plan it? Also, out of interest, what would you get? :beard:
Reply 93
Original post by zjs
Oh :laugh:. What makes you certain about what you'd get then? And, for that matter, what prompted you to plan it? Also, out of interest, what would you get? :beard:

Probably one of those "If you were forced to get a tattoo at gunpoint, what would it be?" questions. :mmm: And it's just something that has meaning to me: i'd get "tu verras" on my wrist...
This is my first tattoo, got it in January this year. It's really plain and simple, I know! It's on my hip.

I've apparently caught the "bug" and since I got my first tattoo, I've been desperately trying to think of an idea for my next one. Finally thought of something last night as I was falling asleep, so I'm excited to start designing it. :yes:
Reply 95
Original post by Cicerao
Probably one of those "If you were forced to get a tattoo at gunpoint, what would it be?" questions. :mmm: And it's just something that has meaning to me: i'd get "tu verras" on my wrist...

Is that the French for "you'll see"? :holmes:

Phrases like that are quite cool, things that you might put as a Facebook status, make a note of or store in your head as phrases you like, but I think the biggest problem is always that there's a massive difference between liking it and having it inked permanently on your body for all to see.

A phrase is something I can imagine that you would have planned; I was just surprised the other person I was asking about it had said that they explicitly wouldn't want one but had planned the location and an accompanying picture.
How badly do the colours in tattoo's fade, and the lines kind of blur?

Don't think I would ever get one, but tattoo's on girls are hot, so long as they go all out, not some crappy little Cheryl Cole hand tattoo.
If I ever get a tattoo, it's going to be a complex integral preferably involving trig and logs, which all simplifies down to 69, somewhere not normally on display.

I like to think the nerds I sleep with will suddenly burst out laughing in the middle of sex.
Reply 98
Original post by truthandtragedy
This is my first tattoo, got it in January this year. It's really plain and simple, I know! It's on my hip.

I've apparently caught the "bug" and since I got my first tattoo, I've been desperately trying to think of an idea for my next one. Finally thought of something last night as I was falling asleep, so I'm excited to start designing it. :yes:

I like it, particularly the style of writing :yes:

If you're desperately trying to think of the next one, you might be rushing it somewhat?
Original post by zjs
I like it, particularly the style of writing :yes:

If you're desperately trying to think of the next one, you might be rushing it somewhat?

Thanks. :smile:

Nah, I won't be getting it for a good while yet until I'm totally sure of the design and then there's getting the money for it! I probably won't be getting it until next year. That way, I think I'll know if I definitely want it or not. :yes: I want something a bit bigger and colourful!

Quick Reply

Latest