The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Need to start working again aaha.

Today -

- Notes on Benzene etc.
- Read chapter on DNA and RNA and protein synthesis - make notes.
- Classification of Schiz.

Going to start later.. too tireed atm! Urgh
Original post by hevlar.kelmet
Didn't know you were doing it as well, I'm going for a late start in early Feb when I get a new computer:biggrin:. I know I was supposed to start in early Jan but I had exams.

If you don't mind me asking, what language are you using for your project?
I'm probs gonna go for Java, nice and easy:colondollar:

I'm using HTML/PHP/MySql/CSS/Javascript :P
Making a library booking system for my college :smile:

I really suck at Java - perhaps you could tutor me for the COMP1 retake? :biggrin:
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
I'm using HTML/PHP/MySql/CSS/Javascript :P
Making a library booking system for my college :smile:

I really suck at Java - perhaps you could tutor me for the COMP1 retake? :biggrin:

I've been thinking about doing something web based but I dunno whether I could find a client who'd be willing to jump through all the hoops in OCR's requirements :rolleyes: You're doing AQA aren't you? Do your customers have to go through all the interviews etc. like in OCR?
Reply 3723
Original post by berryripple

Original post by berryripple
May exams creeping up already :sad:

You're right :frown:

When I think of all the stuff I need to do... :no:
I've been thinking about doing something web based but I dunno whether I could find a client who'd be willing to jump through all the hoops in OCR's requirements :rolleyes: You're doing AQA aren't you? Do your customers have to go through all the interviews etc. like in OCR?

Ahaha, yeah I'm on AQA. We have to get like transcripts and "real" evidence lol :confused:

Can you teach me Java?? :colondollar:
Ahaha, yeah I'm on AQA. We have to get like transcripts and "real" evidence lol :confused:

Can you teach me Java?? :colondollar:

I doubt I'd be able to teach anyone Java, you should read a good book on it and then just start coding anything you find interesting. You only learn a language properly by actually getting out there coding stuff. Also make sure whatever you code makes ample use of the library, since no one uses text based programs nowadays.

But if you get stuck anywhere I'd be happy to help you out as well as I can :smile:

Also what do you mean by "real" evidence? Is there a difference between real and "real"? :wink:
Okay guys I havent done anything and dont feel motivated to \:

I feel so stressed and worried about my january exam results! :frown:
Reply 3727
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
Okay guys I havent done anything and dont feel motivated to \:

I feel so stressed and worried about my january exam results! :frown:

I'm worried too! I don't know what I'm going to do in March if I'm this worried now!
Reply 3728
I can't be bothered to do actual work now so I'm going to copy out some formulas and equations and stick them on my wall.
I doubt I'd be able to teach anyone Java, you should read a good book on it and then just start coding anything you find interesting. You only learn a language properly by actually getting out there coding stuff. Also make sure whatever you code makes ample use of the library, since no one uses text based programs nowadays.

But if you get stuck anywhere I'd be happy to help you out as well as I can :smile:

Also what do you mean by "real" evidence? Is there a difference between real and "real"? :wink:

Haha cool :tongue:

Well my teacher said you can make it up, so as long as it looks real :smile:

*read through contents of physics textbook
*flick through first section
*flick through project section of computing book

Took me a whole day, man am I out of shape.

Revving up a bit today :tongue: :
*systems development lifecycle
*stress and strain
*Hookes law
Haha cool :tongue:

Well my teacher said you can make it up, so as long as it looks real :smile:

Wow great, you could have just saved me a lot of time, I was thinking they might check with the customer...silly me :rolleyes:
Wow great, you could have just saved me a lot of time, I was thinking they might check with the customer...silly me :rolleyes:

Haha. But I don't know if OCR differs much from AQA :s-smilie:
In 24hours or so my exams will be over. Actually cannot wait. I really hope I do well. I don't want to have to remember all this biology and chemistry content for the summer!
Original post by Robpattinsonxxx
In 24hours or so my exams will be over. Actually cannot wait. I really hope I do well. I don't want to have to remember all this biology and chemistry content for the summer!

Awwww.. good luck for your last exam. What unit is it?
Reply 3735

Good luck!
Just started on some note-making. I have an immense amount of work to do! AGH! Need to go on a stationary shop. I'm running out of paper.
4 months until Core 3! :woo:
I need to finish my final coursework folder for English. It's due in tomorrow and then I can concentrate on note making and epq!
Reply 3739
FP2 starting to get really difficult :cry:

Better get started on the homework that's due in first thing tomorrow...

Also, starting M3 tomorrow and am weirdly excited as I get a new textbook. :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest