The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Has anybody applied to this? Would be interested to know! If not, go and check it out-it looks pretty interesting!

Scroll to see replies

I've had my app sitting on my desktop for over a month now, it sounds pretty good
Reply 2
Yeah definitely of interest, I still haven't done the application though!
Reply 3
Original post by GdotL
Yeah definitely of interest, I still haven't done the application though!

Did you apply to fast stream as well/ get the app done, it looks amazing!! x
Reply 4
I too have had the application saved on my desktop for quite some time now. Incidentally, was anyone here on the ICS scheme sponored by DfID?
Reply 5
I have almost finished the application. It's pretty difficult to actually fit the answers to the competency questions within 200 words.
Reply 6
Original post by AP1989
I too have had the application saved on my desktop for quite some time now. Incidentally, was anyone here on the ICS scheme sponored by DfID?

*sponsored
Reply 7
Original post by geetar
I have almost finished the application. It's pretty difficult to actually fit the answers to the competency questions within 200 words.

i really struggled with the 200 word limit. Any idea when we're going to start hearing?
Reply 8
Original post by ellie_flower
i really struggled with the 200 word limit. Any idea when we're going to start hearing?

No idea, I got a confirmation email the other day.
Reply 9
DFID?
Reply 10
Original post by Rakas21
DFID?

Department for International Development.

You're the leader of the TSR Conservative Party?
"TSR Conservatives - Too good for government departments"
Reply 12
Original post by AP1989
Department for International Development.

You're the leader of the TSR Conservative Party?

We don't abbreviate it, hence why i was unsure.
Reply 13
Anyone else applied for this? Submitted my application form today, but haven't had a confirmation email or anything yet.

Do confirmation emails generally get sent out automatically?
Reply 14
Original post by monthen
Anyone else applied for this? Submitted my application form today, but haven't had a confirmation email or anything yet.

Do confirmation emails generally get sent out automatically?

Not automatically but they've certainly confirmed my application.
Reply 15
OK, thanks. Roughly how long after you submitted it did you get confirmation? I'm slightly concerned as I submitted it yesterday, on time, but have yet to hear from DFID that the application's been received.

I imagine it's fine, and that they just had a flurry of last-minute applications to deal with, but want to make sure it hasn't been lost in the ether....
Reply 16
Original post by monthen
OK, thanks. Roughly how long after you submitted it did you get confirmation? I'm slightly concerned as I submitted it yesterday, on time, but have yet to hear from DFID that the application's been received.

I imagine it's fine, and that they just had a flurry of last-minute applications to deal with, but want to make sure it hasn't been lost in the ether....

I got mine two days after submission.
when was the deadline? Do you think we'll start to hear things from them soon?
Reply 18
The deadline was yesterday at midnight, I think. They did say that they've had 'a large number of applications' (though they all say that), so I suppose it might take a while to hear anything back.

Was quite a struggle getting some of the responses down to 100/200 words...
Reply 19
Original post by monthen
The deadline was yesterday at midnight, I think. They did say that they've had 'a large number of applications' (though they all say that), so I suppose it might take a while to hear anything back.

Was quite a struggle getting some of the responses down to 100/200 words...

Well, the first AC is next month so they must be getting back to the first cohort soon I should think.

Quick Reply

Latest