The Student Room Group

GCSE Higher Calc March 2012 - Paper and model answers in first post

Pretty easy paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks so much, I'll check through it now :smile:
Reply 2
Arsey, for question 17 I got the answer wrong, but correctly drawn the triangles on the graph. Do you think I can atleast get 1 mark for this? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks for that. Looks like ive done well on them. However, have you got the first 15 questions?

Thanks
Reply 4
If I got 55 in the calc, and 68-72 in the non calc, roughly what grade would that be?
Reply 5
Would 68 marks be enough for a C?
Reply 6
Could someone post the MODULAR higher unit 2 paper and answers from the same day, can't find them anywhere
Would 79 in non calculator and 94 in calculator paper be enough for an A*
Reply 8
Has anyone got the Unit 3 Calculator 5 March mark scheme?
For 16 d) I got 53, rather than taking away 53 from 60. Would I get any marks if I have still shown my working out?
22) I showed ALL my working out, but I got my answer to 36 (giving reason.) I obviously did not put the decimals in somewhere, how many makrs would I lose/gain? Please help :smile:
Original post by Arsey
Pretty easy paper

Omg thanks for uploading that xD
Reply 11
I got around 84 on the non-calc and around 94 on the calc, would that be enough for an A*?
Reply 12
I got 94 on the calculator paper and around 65 on the non calcualtor one,is that enought for an A?
Reply 13
I got around 130-140 marks on both papers? Do you think I have a chance of getting an A?
Reply 14
Original post by bobe25
I got 94 on the calculator paper and around 65 on the non calcualtor one,is that enought for an A?

I think that is enough. You're safe for the A :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Barry2011
Would 68 marks be enough for a C?

Most probably yes.
Reply 16
Original post by i1DEmma
I got around 84 on the non-calc and around 94 on the calc, would that be enough for an A*?

I am pretty sure that that's enough :smile:
Reply 17
I got roughly 75 - 80 is that good enough for a C? XD I sound pretty stupid because you all going for A's and I'm just here attempting to get my C in higher XD
Reply 18
For question 22 I did it to 1(d.p) instead of 3sf would I still get all the marks? Secondly, my friends and I did VAT on each tyre then times 3 instead of 3 times the tyre price and then VAT on the that. Which one is correct because the wording of the question isn't clear but sounds like the VAT on each tyre.
Reply 19
In total I think I got 160-165.
Do you think that is enough for an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest