The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MODULAR 5MB2H Higher Tier UNIT 2 Answers March 2012

See attached

Sorry for the delay. Been busy
Reply 1
what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be? and what out of 60 do you normally need for each grade?
Reply 2
The UNIT 2 this year seemed much harder than UNIT last year? Do you think the GRADE BOUNDARIES will go up or down? I failed this test:frown: I got 28-30
Reply 3
Original post by Syed89
The UNIT 2 this year seemed much harder than UNIT last year? Do you think the GRADE BOUNDARIES will go up or down? I failed this test:frown: I got 28-30

do you by any chance what the grade boundaries were for this unit in november?
Hey guys,

I think I got around 52 marks. I really wanna have an a * .... Do u guys think that is sufficient? Also, do u actually have to cancel down 15 and 5 in the rationalise question ?

Ps I think in november 2011 the ms was 48 for an a star... But I wannnnna have an a star sooo much... Plss reply thks
Reply 5
Original post by ssargithan
Hey guys,

I think I got around 52 marks. I really wanna have an a * .... Do u guys think that is sufficient? Also, do u actually have to cancel down 15 and 5 in the rationalise question ?

Ps I think in november 2011 the ms was 48 for an a star... But I wannnnna have an a star sooo much... Plss reply thks

these are the grades from november for this unit
A* A B C D E F G
54 46 35 25 19 16
Reply 6
Guys does anyone know, if we resit this exam, that we will get similar questions, like the previous years, because apparentely there changing it to linear instead of modular
Reply 7
Original post by Dan2749
Guys does anyone know, if we resit this exam, that we will get similar questions, like the previous years, because apparentely there changing it to linear instead of modular

There are two types..modular and linear and they surely won't get rid of modular and only have linear. If you're in year 11 and didn't do so well on your unit one and as well as this unit, then I would assume your school would allow you to change to do linear which would mean that your previous exams don't count. Not entirely sure what you're actually asking though, could you rephrase?
I think I got anywhere from 50-56 in this exam do you think the grade boundaries will be lower for an A*
in 2010 November an A* was 47 so it could of been a hard paper that time...
... did u think the paper was harder than the november 2011 ? if , the grade boundaries are likely to be lowered .... P.s. in my schoool alll (dumm ) people rettok therefore if this happend to lots than the grade boundary will be low!!
Reply 11
Original post by Dan2749

Original post by 8432a
There are two types..modular and linear and they surely won't get rid of modular and only have linear.

The government wants all GCSE exams to be linear but don't worry Dan, the change won't be immediate. There will be oppotunities to resit modular units if you need to. If you do switch to linear at any stage you'll find your modular syllabus already uses the new types of questions that the linear exams will feature for the first time this summer.
Just got my results i was shocked with an A , the grade boundaries were lower
am in year 9 also just got my results and also got an A, dont know grade boundries yet but they r definately lower
Original post by awesomegenius3.14
am in year 9 also just got my results and also got an A, dont know grade boundries yet but they r definately lower

what are the marks needed for an A im still waiting upon my results and im looking for the grade boundaries and cant seem to find them
Reply 15
Original post by cfcforever
what are the marks needed for an A im still waiting upon my results and im looking for the grade boundaries and cant seem to find them

To get an A, you need 44/60. The rest of the boundaries are here:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1203%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries.pdf

The results for Unit Two are on the last page :smile:
Original post by jwf13
To get an A, you need 44/60. The rest of the boundaries are here:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1203%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries.pdf

The results for Unit Two are on the last page :smile:

Thanks, much appreciated mate :smile:
I got A* for this module :wink: (113/120 marks)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
I got a C, but retaking and trying for a B/A. I doubt ill get that, theres more hope in two blind people trying to **** a doorknob.
Reply 19
Original post by 8432a
what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be? and what out of 60 do you normally need for each grade?

As this paper was harder than last years the grade boundaries are slightly lower. To get an A* you would have to get 52

Quick Reply

Latest