The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dental Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
still havent heard and my interview was on the 23rd. cant stop checking my email ha
Reply 61
Original post by hearmecry
still havent heard and my interview was on the 23rd. cant stop checking my email ha

me neither! i hope they come tomorrow! my interview was on the 23rd too. :smile: xxx
Reply 62
have any people who have already heard from cardiff been rejected? because if not, it could mean the rest of us will be?
Reply 63
Original post by bertstare
have any people who have already heard from cardiff been rejected? because if not, it could mean the rest of us will be?

i hooope not! :'( when was your interview??? xxx
Reply 64
Original post by catqueen
i hooope not! :'( when was your interview??? xxx

23rd. still nothing, this is a joke
Reply 65
My interview was on the 23rd too! Still hadn't heard anything but I phoned up earlier and they basically said that ucas are taking their time and they won't be long at all! they even told me my offer! so just ring up :smile:!
Reply 66
everyone call them! they told me i have an offer over the phone
Reply 67
everyone call them! they told me i have an offer over the phone

what is your offer?
Reply 68
Original post by tigerkitty
what is your offer?

unconditional (gap yr)
Got a conditional offer from cardiff today - so happy! :biggrin:
Reply 70
YAYYYY FINALLY :biggrin: ;D :biggrin: sooo happy! xxxx
Reply 71
got my offer :smile: 3 rejections later and i can finally say that i could be a dental student next year :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by niku123
got my offer :smile: 3 rejections later and i can finally say that i could be a dental student next year :biggrin:

That must be such a relief
Reply 73
Hey all, congrats on your cardiff offers :smile: Does anyone know what the "health check" is all about? On the website it says:

"All applicants given offers will be required to undergo a Health Check, which is carried out independently by Cardiff University Health Centre, Park Place."

So does this mean we don't go to our GP's for vaccinations and stuff and just have to wait for them to get back to us?
Reply 74
Original post by ALevelGirl
Hey all, congrats on your cardiff offers :smile: Does anyone know what the "health check" is all about? On the website it says:

"All applicants given offers will be required to undergo a Health Check, which is carried out independently by Cardiff University Health Centre, Park Place."

So does this mean we don't go to our GP's for vaccinations and stuff and just have to wait for them to get back to us?

At most dental schools, in the first week or so, they will take blood samples from all students and get them tested for any blood bourne viruses. You could go to your GP and get started on the HepB vaccinations as the course of 3 injections are spread over several months, and I'd advise you to start now ... but if you can't, worry not, as Cardiff will get you started when you start at their university.
Reply 75
Original post by Alanoud
At most dental schools, in the first week or so, they will take blood samples from all students and get them tested for any blood bourne viruses. You could go to your GP and get started on the HepB vaccinations as the course of 3 injections are spread over several months, and I'd advise you to start now ... but if you can't, worry not, as Cardiff will get you started when you start at their university.

Oh okay, I think it'd be easier for me to get started now with my GP, might as well get it over and done with :smile:

Thanks
Firming Cardiff :smile:
unconditional (gap yr)

hey i saw youve got unconditional from cardiff, is it your first choice cos i just got my results and am definitely going in september now :smile:
Original post by StudentonTSR
At the interview, did they test things like:

- manual dexterity
- communication
- analysis of complex data
- comprehension
- scenarios

???

all of the above
Reply 79
Original post by Dollaleigh
hey i saw youve got unconditional from cardiff, is it your first choice cos i just got my results and am definitely going in september now :smile:

Nope not going there... well done and goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest