The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
So we shall see whose fault it really is regarding the Knicks.

Was D'ntoni that bad or is Carmelo Anthony a black spot to NBA teams.
Reply 1921
Anthony a black spot to the D'ntoni system more like it

It would have been scary having Lin running pick and rolls with Amare with Anthony and JR smith for the open shot as was mentioned a few posts ago. But sadly...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1922
Original post by Stilo
D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.

Your owner is awful

He sent the Knicks down when he traded nearly his whole team to get Carmelo Anthony. Who in their right mind would do that especially for a player who isn't a legitimate top 5 player (even though he is clutch, i give him that)
Reply 1923
Original post by S-man10
Anthony a black spot to the D'ntoni system more like it

Well i have never been a huge fan of Melo, think he is really overrated but it is known that Dntoni doesnt play defense which was one of the problems

However when Melo was out of the team, the Knicks looked good and suddenly when he is back, they start losing.

Apparently Dntoni wanted to trade Melo for D-Will. I could see Deron Williams doing really well with the Knicks actually.
Most boring trade deadline ever...
Reply 1925
:ditto:
I used to really like the Knicks before the Melo trade. :emo: Players like Gallinari, Felton and Chandler were good roleplayers.

That buzzer beater that Gallinari made yesterday was insane.. :coma:
Reply 1927
The Knicks look 100 times better already

Maybe Dntoni was pretty useless and too one dimensional.
Original post by 3mmz
The Knicks look 100 times better already

Maybe Dntoni was pretty useless and too one dimensional.

Have you watched the Trailblazers lately? They've frankly been horrible in some games, getting blown out by teams like the Celtics.
Novak is disgusting.

Smith is also disgusting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1930
Spolstra or what ever is dumb ass

Always moaning at refs
Reply 1931
This is frustrating :facepalm2:
Got beaten by a Bulls team without Rose! Uh oh...!
Reply 1933
Magic are aggresively looking to move Dwight now according to twitter, why did they wait so long ?? once he moves a few more pieces may follow
Reply 1934
Fair play for Dwight staying if true.

I hate this 'superteam' direction thing that the NBA is going in. I think Howard wanted to stay all along but he was being advised to move to the big city in the Brooklyn Nets.
I also think Howard saw what happened to Lebron when he left the Cavs for the Heat and doesnt want to be hated and abused in the way that Lebron still is. He comes across as a guy who wants to be liked and almost have a hero like status, so with him staying a lot of people will have new respect for him even if this whole episode has been a mess.

That said, if Orlando has a bad play off run, i bet Dwight will be crying again that he wants out next season.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1935
LOL, John freaking Lucas, our 3rd string PG, just took the almighty Heat down. That jump shot over Lebron was awesome. Lmao.

That was probably the most hilarious game I've seen in a while. Playing without our best player, second best shooter, as well as our second best player being partly injured and having a poor game. No double double from Noah and Boozer was awful.

And STILL, we beat Heat with Lebron and Wade combining for 71 points.

Oh, but wait, the Heat played without Miller. His 5ppg would have propelled them to a 1 point lead. LOL.

Na, I'm happy with this win, but I want to see it in the post season. It'll all be to play for then.
Reply 1936
Come at us bro :angry:
Reply 1937
Original post by 3mmz
Fair play for Dwight staying if true.

I hate this 'superteam' direction thing that the NBA is going in. I think Howard wanted to stay all along but he was being advised to move to the big city in the Brooklyn Nets.
I also think Howard saw what happened to Lebron when he left the Cavs for the Heat and doesnt want to be hated and abused in the way that Lebron still is. He comes across as a guy who wants to be liked and almost have a hero like status, so with him staying a lot of people will have new respect for him even if this whole episode has been a mess.

That said, if Orlando has a bad play off run, i bet Dwight will be crying again that he wants out next season.

He's leaving next season.
Reply 1938
And the Nets still suck so I'm happy. D-Will is walking this summer.
Original post by Xotol
LOL, John freaking Lucas, our 3rd string PG, just took the almighty Heat down. That jump shot over Lebron was awesome. Lmao.

That was probably the most hilarious game I've seen in a while. Playing without our best player, second best shooter, as well as our second best player being partly injured and having a poor game. No double double from Noah and Boozer was awful.

And STILL, we beat Heat with Lebron and Wade combining for 71 points.

Oh, but wait, the Heat played without Miller. His 5ppg would have propelled them to a 1 point lead. LOL.

Na, I'm happy with this win, but I want to see it in the post season. It'll all be to play for then.

Good win for Chicago but if anyone else had stepped up that would have been a heat win. Bosh was poor as was chalmers. Joel anthony i have nothing to say about that guy haha. The bench didnt get it going either not a good enough game from the Heat. Wade and James can score 71 every game but if no one else steps up like what happened tonight the Heat wont get very far.