The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by Alice453
How many more offers.. if any are there to go :s-smilie: does anyone know???

Only the admin staff would know I think, although they do it in batches that aren't related to preference, so if you've not heard there may still be time! :smile:
Original post by Alice453
How many more offers.. if any are there to go :s-smilie: does anyone know???

I personaly think there are more offers, since the admission team only reply to a little group of people at once, so we are all being processed in batches and in a single batch there would be offers and rejections. I dont think offers will run out until the batch of applicant were replyed to. I could be wrong, but this is what i think is happening :biggrin: good luck with your application.
Reply 1502
Original post by Dhill94
D

You just sent this to about every medicine page you could find, didn't you?
Original post by Dhill94

Be careful about overseas Unis as they DO NOT guarantee entry to FY1 training, which is guaranteed if you go through a British Medical School, they do offer you the chance to do a degree if you didn't get an offer, but if it's your first time applying then there's nothing wrong with taking a gap year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dhill94
haha! All the Scottish ones plus queen's where I applied to :biggrin: I've applied there myself and as you can imagine its slightly daunting!!! I hope out of letting others know a few more scots/brits might apply

If you want to help other applicants I think it's better to advise a gap year. I reckon the success rate is better and it is more enjoyable. Don't drag others into it with you and ruin them.
Original post by Quackers93
That's good that you got the one you wanted :smile: I wanted the Scottish route and luckily I got placed on it so I'm pretty chuffed :biggrin:

Heyy, you asked me to let you knowww, and I firmed Manchester today. :biggrin: The offer holders' day was fantastic, really swayed me toward PBL. I shall probably never meet you, since you're taking the Scottish route! Enjoy medical school, and good luck.

With that, I leave this thread. Byyyye all!
Reply 1506
Still so chuffing thrilled to be holding an offer from st Andrews and Aberdeen on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe I'm actually going to be a dr (if I pass lol) - any grads thinking about st Andrews?? It's the only negative I can give it (the lack of golden oldies) :wink:
Original post by gh70
Still so chuffing thrilled to be holding an offer from st Andrews and Aberdeen on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe I'm actually going to be a dr (if I pass lol) - any grads thinking about st Andrews?? It's the only negative I can give it (the lack of golden oldies) :wink:

Plenty of people in my class that are graduates/mature, I'm 26 (3rd year), and I can think of 8+ people that are my age or similar.
Original post by gh70

I suppose the only thing to think about is the extra year you would have to take before qualifying. If you already have a degree in a science based subject then you wouldn't really need to intercalate and you'd be finished in 5years. Nice thought that really :biggrin:
Original post by CraigKirk
Heyy, you asked me to let you knowww, and I firmed Manchester today. :biggrin: The offer holders' day was fantastic, really swayed me toward PBL. I shall probably never meet you, since you're taking the Scottish route! Enjoy medical school, and good luck.

With that, I leave this thread. Byyyye all!

I had a feeling you'd go for Manc so I'm pleased the day went really well for you. Hope you enjoy it too! Goodbye and good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1510
Original post by gh70

Well I'm only 21 but I'm a graduate so I guess that makes me one of the golden oldies ha! Still waiting to hear from Aberdeen & Glasgow so going to wait until then to make my decision :smile:
Reply 1511
Original post by Anterior view
Sorry to hear you got rejected the whole thing is depressing. Looks like they are making conditional offers now to grads (not good for me :redface:). I'm still waiting to hear
Good luck maybe Glasgow will come through for you:smile:

Original post by KCosmo
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

Have you heard from anywhere else?

Good luck Anterior view!

KCosmo, just waiting to hear back from Glasgow now, my only hope. Edinburgh and Dundee rejected me pre-interview (both basically said due to not great school grades and the fact I only got a 2:1 hindered my academic score...bah)
Reply 1512
Original post by baztech
Good luck Anterior view!

KCosmo, just waiting to hear back from Glasgow now, my only hope. Edinburgh and Dundee rejected me pre-interview (both basically said due to not great school grades and the fact I only got a 2:1 hindered my academic score...bah)

I really hope you get into Glasgow, you deserve it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Rejection :frown:
Reply 1514
Just got rejected :/ Really thought I was gonna get a place :'(
Oh well, I might live in Scotland some other day :smile:
Original post by Harbour Seal
Rejection :frown:

Nooo:frown:
Original post by Nick526

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other applications
Think most of us will hear today. Not confident now
Original post by Nick526

Same :frown: Oh well
Rejected at 11 :frown:
Reply 1519
Original post by why-hello-there
Rejected at 11 :frown:

Rejected at 10:30. The admissions secretary flushes my future down the drain whilst scoffing down custard creams and drinking morning coffee. Pure evil.

Quick Reply

Latest