The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Emelynaki
Thank you and yeah, most likely I will! :smile:
I'm still waiting for Heriot-Watt's decision and then I will be 100% sure!
Will you have Glasgow as your firm aswell? What are you looking to study?

Already firmed it, History & Archaeology. Absolutely can't wait to get there I think it's going to be really good.

Hope you enjoy Business :P That's what I was doing at Cardiff before I dropped out :tongue:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Jamin
Already firmed it, History & Archaeology. Absolutely can't wait to get there I think it's going to be really good.

Hope you enjoy Business :P That's what I was doing at Cardiff before I dropped out :tongue:

Yeah, I've looked a lot into it as I didn't want to make yet another wrong choice. I'm dropping out aswell from my current uni as I hate the course. So, I hope this time it will be all good :tongue:
I've never been to Glasgow to be honest but I've been told the uni is on its "good" side. :smile:
Reply 762
Yeah, I've looked a lot into it as I didn't want to make yet another wrong choice. I'm dropping out aswell from my current uni as I hate the course. So, I hope this time it will be all good :tongue:
I've never been to Glasgow to be honest but I've been told the uni is on its "good" side. :smile:

It took me ages to go from "I wouldn't mind changing course" to "I hate this place and want to leave" but I'm so glad I got there in the end. Glasgow is brilliant, I haven't visited as much as I'd like to or should have considering I live like an hour away by train but I'm really looking forward to moving there. Are you applying for halls?
Yes, I will..as soon as I finally make my mind! :P
All I know is that I want an ensuite room so that leads me to Queen Margaret's halls :smile:
What are your options?
Reply 764
Yes, I will..as soon as I finally make my mind! :P
All I know is that I want an ensuite room so that leads me to Queen Margaret's halls :smile:
What are your options?

QM first! I want to be in halls but I really don't know about the Murano Large flats (even though it's my 3rd choice). Also I've done the shared bathroom thing before and I've done the ensuite thing before and I definitely know which one I prefer so I hope I get a room there. Someone should start a Glasgow Uni accomodation offers thread actually, there's a good chance some folk here will be placed in the same flat!
Who's applied for accommodation yet? I'm worried that because for my course they've taken ages to give out offers that there will be none left at Queen margaret!
Original post by CalumBlack
Who's applied for accommodation yet? I'm worried that because for my course they've taken ages to give out offers that there will be none left at Queen margaret!

I have the same worries. I received my offer from Glasgow today and I still have to wait for another uni to be able to firm it! And I really wouldn't like to share bathrooms...:s-smilie:
Reply 767
I have the same worries. I received my offer from Glasgow today and I still have to wait for another uni to be able to firm it! And I really wouldn't like to share bathrooms...:s-smilie:

You can withdraw your other offers by the way. If you've decided for sure on Glasgow just do that then firm it. That's what I did :smile:
Original post by Jamin
You can withdraw your other offers by the way. If you've decided for sure on Glasgow just do that then firm it. That's what I did :smile:

Have you had confirmation of your chosen residence there yet?
Reply 769
Original post by CalumBlack
Have you had confirmation of your chosen residence there yet?

No, they have stated that offers will be made from mid april then on a weekly basis thereafter.
Original post by Jamin

The thing is I'm still waiting to hear from Heriot-Watt to be fully sure of my decisions.. If they wont get back to me in a week, I will firm Glasgow!:smile:
Reply 771
The thing is I'm still waiting to hear from Heriot-Watt to be fully sure of my decisions.. If they wont get back to me in a week, I will firm Glasgow!:smile:

I'll be very surprised if you're still waiting after tomorrow to be honest, but good luck!
Original post by Jamin
I'll be very surprised if you're still waiting after tomorrow to be honest, but good luck!

Why do you say that?
Reply 773
Why do you say that?

I'm pretty sure they have to get back to you by the end of March. I actually thought it was March 15th but someone mentioned in this thread it was the end of the month. :smile:
Original post by Jamin
I'm pretty sure they have to get back to you by the end of March. I actually thought it was March 15th but someone mentioned in this thread it was the end of the month. :smile:

Officially they have until May :frown:.. but ye most unis answer till the end of March!
I hope they will answer within the next days :smile:
Reply 775
Officially they have until May :frown:.. but ye most unis answer till the end of March!
I hope they will answer within the next days :smile:

Well fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you'll love Scotland :biggrin:
Original post by Jamin
Well fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you'll love Scotland :biggrin:

Oh, I sure hope so because I've never been anywhere near it.:smile:
Reply 777
Original post by hannahbr
Im also transferring, Did you get in? What year of study are you going to go in?

Hi, no I didn't get in :frown: I'm going to try for clearances in August. I guess I might have to start 1st year but you never know, they might put me through to 2nd year. What are your plans?
Absolutely hated Edinburgh at the open day, about to firm Glasgow :biggrin:
Reply 779
Original post by MacEwan23
Hi, no I didn't get in :frown: I'm going to try for clearances in August. I guess I might have to start 1st year but you never know, they might put me through to 2nd year. What are your plans?

I've got an Unconditional for 1st Year, but I'm still waiting to hear about 2nd year. :frown: :frown: yes, try for clearing!!

What would your plans be for the tuition fees? £1,800 a year for all the years you've already completed at another institution! SCARY.

Quick Reply

Latest