The Student Room Group

2013 Veterinary reapplicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beccac94
I know 2 people who got into veterinary this year out of 5 of us, it is a bit horrible when you find out when you've just been rejected from your last uni and you friend is made up because they've just got they offer.

Does anyone know which uni's accept you with AAB??

Im sure nottingham say a minimum of AAB :s you may have to check to cos im not too sure sorry but im sure some of them will be AAB :smile: u could always try the uni in Kiose ( i think thats where it is ) cos it has its own exam to get in i dont think it looks at a levels too much
Reply 21
Original post by jordanelouise
I know Nottingham, Liverpool and RVC do. I have seen some AAB offers given out from Bristol too!

Oh thats good, I don't think I'm going to get an A in maths thats all also I was thinking about applying to RVC next year so thats alright. Howdo you do the BMAT if your not in college or can you still do it through your college?

Original post by amethyst<3
Im sure nottingham say a minimum of AAB :s you may have to check to cos im not too sure sorry but im sure some of them will be AAB :smile: u could always try the uni in Kiose ( i think thats where it is ) cos it has its own exam to get in i dont think it looks at a levels too much

I could look abroad but don't you have to do a test to work in this country???

I might just wait till my exam results to make my final decision.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh thats good, I don't think I'm going to get an A in maths thats all also I was thinking about applying to RVC next year so thats alright. Howdo you do the BMAT if your not in college or can you still do it through your college?

I could look abroad but don't you have to do a test to work in this country???

I might just wait till my exam results to make my final decision.

I think you still can do it through ur school im hoping my school still will help me with ucas even tho i will have left :smile: Id just ask :smile:

I didnt do very well on the BMAT :frown: the exam could not be better suited to all my weaknesses if it tried :s I got 3.7 4.6 3.5 B which was seriously better than any of my practice tests where i got 1.5 2.0 3 C :s so i think its probally best if I avoid it this year :tongue:

If you good at reading fast and comprehension type questions and reading data off tables its a good exam to take :smile:

I dont think you have to take a test to get back into england but im not to sure I emailed them at the weekend but they still havent got back to me I can put the information I get back on this thread :smile:

Ye Im waiting till i no my exam results untill i make any decisions so i no what im working with when i apply :smile:
Reply 23
I think you still can do it through ur school im hoping my school still will help me with ucas even tho i will have left :smile: Id just ask :smile:

I didnt do very well on the BMAT :frown: the exam could not be better suited to all my weaknesses if it tried :s I got 3.7 4.6 3.5 B which was seriously better than any of my practice tests where i got 1.5 2.0 3 C :s so i think its probally best if I avoid it this year :tongue:

If you good at reading fast and comprehension type questions and reading data off tables its a good exam to take :smile:

I dont think you have to take a test to get back into england but im not to sure I emailed them at the weekend but they still havent got back to me I can put the information I get back on this thread :smile:

Ye Im waiting till i no my exam results untill i make any decisions so i no what im working with when i apply :smile:

Oh okay I think it would be intersting to know more about abroad unis in college they didn't even consider people moving abroad for some reason even though someone has a scolarship for america.

I'm alright at those sort of stuff, I'm always reading tabley rubbish in maths so I think I might look into it more. I'd definatly ask about ucas and that because the careers woman in my college said that they help people who are reapplying.
Reply 24
Original post by schizopear
i think RVC only give AAB in exceptional circumstances - typical offer is AAA.

Oh I might email them if I don't get AAA in August, hopefully I will though :biggrin:
I'm now an official 2013 Reapplicant! Nottingham just rejected me.. boo! However pretty excited to start organising a gap year :biggrin:

I think you still do it through your college however you pay a bit more because the college doesn't fund you for some of it, i think!
Is everyone planning on packing this year in with work experience? I'm currently trying to find placements! :smile:
Reply 28
Is everyone planning on packing this year in with work experience? I'm currently trying to find placements! :smile:

Thats what i'm doing, I might go travelling around mayish next year if I can afford it but I'm mainly concentrating on work experience. I forgot how hard it was to find places and no one every replies back argh
Thats what i'm doing, I might go travelling around mayish next year if I can afford it but I'm mainly concentrating on work experience. I forgot how hard it was to find places and no one every replies back argh

Exciting :biggrin: any ideas where you would like to go? Argh, yes I know! I had this problem first year of college, no one would reply to me and i left it too late and everywhere was booked! Thankfully i booked some placements last year for this summer!

What areas are you needing work experience? :smile:
Does anyone know who i email from Liverpool and Bristol to find out feedback from my application? I didn't get an interview for both of them, can I still manage to get feedback?

Thats my plan :smile: and im the same i forgot how many places you have to ring/ email before you get a place somewhere :frown:

I have booked some volunteer work abroad :smile: im really exctied where are you thinking of going ?????????
Thats my plan :smile: and im the same i forgot how many places you have to ring/ email before you get a place somewhere :frown:

Oh i know, i remember posting about 15 letters and hardly getting any replies! Luckily I organised a vet lab and public farm work experience for this summer! What work experience do you need mostly to get?

I saw on your other post you've organised to go abroad on a volunteer project! Do you mind me asking what company did you book through and what your doing? :smile: I'm looking for something to do next summer and there is too many companies with too many things to do!! :smile:
Oh i know, i remember posting about 15 letters and hardly getting any replies! Luckily I organised a vet lab and public farm work experience for this summer! What work experience do you need mostly to get?

I saw on your other post you've organised to go abroad on a volunteer project! Do you mind me asking what company did you book through and what your doing? :smile: I'm looking for something to do next summer and there is too many companies with too many things to do!! :smile:

tbh ive covered most of the normal ones i just need a poultry farm and a pig farm and then im trying to get the more unusual ones this year :smile:

I went with travellers worldwide i think there alittle more expensive but the project i chose gives me the chance to go to a research center which will be really interesting :smile: I booked onto the project that works with dolphins cos you can swin with the dolpins, talk to the public and see some of the reseach goin on so i thought it would be a good one to go on as it covers a lot of skill which may come in handy :smile: but they do loads of conservation type things which tbh all look absolutly amazin it was so hard to pick one
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
And so the work experience/gap year planning/thinking about where to apply begins...
Reply 36
I have booked some volunteer work abroad :smile: im really exctied where are you thinking of going ?????????

I was either thinking about doing an african conservation projecty thing, one in china with pandas, one with orangutangs orrrr just travelling round europe or america or something.

I might be doing work experience in a zoo for 3 months next year so if I get that then I'll probably just travel round europe.
Reply 37
Does anyone know who i email from Liverpool and Bristol to find out feedback from my application? I didn't get an interview for both of them, can I still manage to get feedback?

Liverpool is [email protected]
Bristol is [email protected]

they both emailed me back saying that they would get back to me sometime during april
Reply 38
Exciting :biggrin: any ideas where you would like to go? Argh, yes I know! I had this problem first year of college, no one would reply to me and i left it too late and everywhere was booked! Thankfully i booked some placements last year for this summer!

What areas are you needing work experience? :smile:

I booked 3 days in a LA vets and another week in a dairy farm just in case but I'm sort of regretting not booking more but I went to our groomers and they said that they would let me do a few weeks.

I'm probably most short of farm work and Large animal vets as where I live has barely no large animals and last year i had to go half way across the country to stay with my aunty to go to a mixed practise and didn't really see that much large animal. Luckily I'm in contact with this woman who's just finished lambing but obviously shes going to have a LA vets and know an abattoir so if I keep emailing her then I might get stuff, also my mums friends friend is a sheep farmer in the lake district and said he might have a word with him about doing lambing and staying with him for a few days, the only problem is it might be in may round exam time :frown:
Liverpool is [email protected]
Bristol is [email protected]

they both emailed me back saying that they would get back to me sometime during april

Thank you! I'll email them sometime this week! Do you have to quote your UCAS number and that? or just a simple email just asking for feedback?

Quick Reply