The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
Is it tough?because I need a little into an A* to get an A* in Literature(55/60 UMS).How do you revise?-I can't find an Edexcel Poetry revision guide:mad:.

Poetry itself isn't tough - did you see the video I posted a few days ago about analysing unseen poetry? You can use that method throughout if it helps, and it should make more sense that going into it blindly. I just try and come up with my own extra layers of meaning rather than the ones my teacher gives us, because they're more personal to me so I'm more likely to be able to remember them without having to revise. :smile:

Shame you're on Edexcel, I can't help with any of the poems. :frown:

Would this help or is it the wrong specification?
Original post by Pandora.
Poetry itself isn't tough - did you see the video I posted a few days ago about analysing unseen poetry? You can use that method throughout if it helps, and it should make more sense that going into it blindly. I just try and come up with my own extra layers of meaning rather than the ones my teacher gives us, because they're more personal to me so I'm more likely to be able to remember them without having to revise. :smile:

Shame you're on Edexcel, I can't help with any of the poems. :frown:

Would this help or is it the wrong specification?

The problem is it is the anthology and nothing else-I need a proper revision guide.I have that Poetry video saved on my Youtube and will watch it,closer to the exam.
The problem is it is the anthology and nothing else-I need a proper revision guide.I have that Poetry video saved on my Youtube and will watch it,closer to the exam.

According to the description, it has sample questions and examiner tips in it, which is more than I can say for my AQA anthology. :biggrin:
According to the description, it has sample questions and examiner tips in it, which is more than I can say for my AQA anthology. :biggrin:

I have seen CGP Revision Guides for AQA though,in the shops,on the specific poetry clusters.
I have seen CGP Revision Guides for AQA though,in the shops,on the specific poetry clusters.

I might take a look at those next time I go into town, thanks. :smile:
And the day of revision begins.... Speak to you all in a few hours :biggrin:
Original post by CharlieBoardman

I'm having a day off to go see Titanic :tongue:

I have it and it was incredibly useful!

All the poems are annotated for me, and it has info about themes etc

But I did the controlled assessment, not the exam.
Reply 2948
My incredibly hangover cure, sausage rolls, physics revision, black coffee and Marvin Gaye.

Obligatory link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajBdDM2qdg
Reply 2949

Tell me whether it's worth seeing when you get back please? :wink:
Reply 2950
Original post by c3ntury
Tell me whether it's worth seeing when you get back please? :wink:

I saw it last night. I didnt think the 3d really added much but its definitely a lot better seeing it on the big screen rather than home on TV. Its very long though, went to 7.30 showing and didnt leave screen until 11.10!

Done 1 hour so far, Geography next! 3 hours to go!

Lucky you! -.-

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Done 1 hour so far, Geography next! 3 hours to go!

I've done 1.5 hours of Physics and 45 mins of maths so far :biggrin: I'll do another 45 mins of maths, then do some chemistry fr an hour or so, and that'll do :biggrin:
Reply 2953
Lucky you! -.-

I've done 1.5 hours of Physics and 45 mins of maths so far :biggrin: I'll do another 45 mins of maths, then do some chemistry fr an hour or so, and that'll do :biggrin:

I've done one hour of chemistry today (12am-1am). I think I'll do 2 out of 4 units of physics (all we've learnt in class so far) and maybe start B3.
Reply 2954
Original post by Caz.123
I saw it last night. I didnt think the 3d really added much but its definitely a lot better seeing it on the big screen rather than home on TV. Its very long though, went to 7.30 showing and didnt leave screen until 11.10!

Hmm, thanks for the heads up!

I think 3D can either be a gimmick or a genuine improvement (like Avatar for example). Not sure which one this Titantic one fits into haha!
Reply 2955
Original post by c3ntury
Hmm, thanks for the heads up!

I think 3D can either be a gimmick or a genuine improvement (like Avatar for example). Not sure which one this Titantic one fits into haha!

I wish I watched the last Harry Potter in 2D.
Lucky you! -.-

Cool! Btw, on your pictures you look about 25 lol :redface:
Original post by Cubic
I've done one hour of chemistry today (12am-1am). I think I'll do 2 out of 4 units of physics (all we've learnt in class so far) and maybe start B3.

revision past 12? :O I dont know how you do it...
I can do Maths late at night, infact, I think my brain works mathematically better at night. But i have to do sciences in the day.
Reply 2958
revision past 12? :O I dont know how you do it...
I can do Maths late at night, infact, I think my brain works mathematically better at night. But i have to do sciences in the day.

I find it much more easier to revise when no one is in the house / everyone is sleeping.
Reply 2959
Original post by Cubic
I find it much more easier to revise when no one is in the house / everyone is sleeping.

Same here, I just invested in a nice comfy pair of headphones so I can pretend that's the case during the day.

Latest