Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Anyone put Brunel down as firm?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deedee.Ramone
Same :biggrin: Product design BSc with BBB
See you there hopefully :smile:

Yup! Good luck with exams... I'm so worried I wont get the grades I need!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by msbjls
Lol yeah I think it is out on DVD. And I’m sure there are a few things you can make with cucumbers :P Bored in a week? I’d be bored after two days haha. And I think I’m better at making meals more than desserts... I remember trying to make banana bread at school in year 8 and it turned out more like banana cake instead! :s

That is very true and if I do do medicine in the future I’d love to go and work in Sri Lanka for a while which would also help knowing the language :smile: And thanks for the idea... I never thought of becoming a translator before until you mentioned it.

I have quite a few friends that speak Tamil. And no problem about asking :smile: If you ever visit London you’d be surprised at how many people speak a foreign language! Have you been to London before? It might be a good idea to visit if you wanna go to Brunel so you can have a look around and see places you could go to enjoy your uni social life :smile:

Sorry for delay, been a bit hectic the last couple of days (probably been the same for you). Might not be able to reply quite so often for a while because of exams as well 😢
I've been to London twice, but once was just to do an admissions test at Brunel do didn't see anything outside the university. The other time was with my ex (she wasn't my ex at the time) to see a west end show, so that was all very touristy.
From the little I've seen of London I adore it, it's just so vast and different from anywhere else I've ever been! I've only been abroad a handful of times but London is without a doubt the greatest place I've ever been 😍
Do you have any memories of living outside london or the uk? I know it's a long shot but you never know unless you ask (I'm sure I have a memory of less than one, but it could just be remembering a dream :/).
I would have replied at the weekend but I had a bit of a breakdown because of this being my last term at the place I've spent the last seven years of my life, plus the closeness of exams etc. Sorry if there are any mistakes in this post but I'm writing it on my phone, which is quite difficult 😥
Reply 42
Original post by MrTwist
Sorry for delay, been a bit hectic the last couple of days (probably been the same for you). Might not be able to reply quite so often for a while because of exams as well
I've been to London twice, but once was just to do an admissions test at Brunel do didn't see anything outside the university. The other time was with my ex (she wasn't my ex at the time) to see a west end show, so that was all very touristy.
From the little I've seen of London I adore it, it's just so vast and different from anywhere else I've ever been! I've only been abroad a handful of times but London is without a doubt the greatest place I've ever been
Do you have any memories of living outside london or the uk? I know it's a long shot but you never know unless you ask (I'm sure I have a memory of less than one, but it could just be remembering a dream :/).
I would have replied at the weekend but I had a bit of a breakdown because of this being my last term at the place I've spent the last seven years of my life, plus the closeness of exams etc. Sorry if there are any mistakes in this post but I'm writing it on my phone, which is quite difficult

No problem and yeah you're right, same here :/ I'm still on TSR often looking up revision notes and past exam questions anyway.

An admissions test at Brunel? :colondollar: I didn't know you had to do one. And that's nice you liked it :smile: I'm sure you're gonna love living in London for uni then. And the west end is also a very nice place (only been to see a show once myself)

Unfortunately I don't have any memory of living outside the uk and I've always lived in London so don't know what it's like much outside of London :frown: Would like to visit though. Sometimes remembering things feels like remembering a dream to me too.

Aww, I know exactly how you feel as I've also been at my school for the last seven years with pretty much the same people too. Hope you're feeling better now :smile: And no mistakes :P
Reply 43
Original post by msbjls
No problem and yeah you're right, same here :/ I'm still on TSR often looking up revision notes and past exam questions anyway.

An admissions test at Brunel? :colondollar: I didn't know you had to do one. And that's nice you liked it :smile: I'm sure you're gonna love living in London for uni then. And the west end is also a very nice place (only been to see a show once myself)

Unfortunately I don't have any memory of living outside the uk and I've always lived in London so don't know what it's like much outside of London :frown: Would like to visit though. Sometimes remembering things feels like remembering a dream to me too.

Aww, I know exactly how you feel as I've also been at my school for the last seven years with pretty much the same people too. Hope you're feeling better now :smile: And no mistakes :P

I didn't even know The Student Room had revision notes, thought it was just a place for students to ask random qestions about stuff :s-smilie:
Yeah i loved Brunel when i went there, they have a brilliant gym and there is a real community feel in the place, unlike some other universities that are spread out across an entire city. There did seem to be startling lack of greenery there though, but maybe that's just because i've grown up in the country and aren't really used to the concrete jungle :smile:
I'm fine now thanks, it was just a little moment of maddness. I don't usually let things get on top of me but we only have four weeks before the exams start (don't know if that's the same for you) so i was just a little shaken. What was the show you saw? Have you ever seen any live stand-ups? That's kind of a worry for me about uni, i can imagine myself spending my entire food budget on the theatre :eek: It's just too much freedom!:smile:
Have you got any EMPAs left or are you all clear until the exams?
Reply 44
Original post by MrTwist
I didn't even know The Student Room had revision notes, thought it was just a place for students to ask random qestions about stuff :s-smilie:
Yeah i loved Brunel when i went there, they have a brilliant gym and there is a real community feel in the place, unlike some other universities that are spread out across an entire city. There did seem to be startling lack of greenery there though, but maybe that's just because i've grown up in the country and aren't really used to the concrete jungle :smile:
I'm fine now thanks, it was just a little moment of maddness. I don't usually let things get on top of me but we only have four weeks before the exams start (don't know if that's the same for you) so i was just a little shaken. What was the show you saw? Have you ever seen any live stand-ups? That's kind of a worry for me about uni, i can imagine myself spending my entire food budget on the theatre :eek: It's just too much freedom!:smile:
Have you got any EMPAs left or are you all clear until the exams?

Lol yeah they do and they're quite helpful too. And yeah the gym was huge! I love how Brunel has everything in one place too :smile: Lol it might be because you have grown up in the country but I thought it was fine... Maybe I'm too used to seeing little greenery around London.

Aww thats good you're better now :smile: I only have less than a month now too before exams and starting to panic a little.

The show I saw was We Wll Rock You. It was briliiant! You should watch it if youcan. And no I haven't seen any live stand- ups :/ And haha I hope you don’t do that or you might have to starve! :P

EMPAs?! What are they? Feel stupid asking :s
Reply 45
Original post by msbjls
Lol yeah they do and they're quite helpful too. And yeah the gym was huge! I love how Brunel has everything in one place too :smile: Lol it might be because you have grown up in the country but I thought it was fine... Maybe I'm too used to seeing little greenery around London.

Aww thats good you're better now :smile: I only have less than a month now too before exams and starting to panic a little.

The show I saw was We Wll Rock You. It was briliiant! You should watch it if youcan. And no I haven't seen any live stand- ups :/ And haha I hope you don’t do that or you might have to starve! :P

EMPAs?! What are they? Feel stupid asking :s

EMPAs are the coursework for science subjects, you do two eperiments, about an hour each, and then a written paper (you have to do graphs and stuff to put your results down during the experiements as well, but i suppose that's a given) sorry i just assumed you'd know what they are because you do sciency subjects, your sixth-form might do ISAs instead, which are the same thing but marked internally (i may have spelt ISA wrong because i have only ever heard it said and not written down).
I've heard 'We Will Rock You' is good, i have a friend who has seen it four times (she's rich and kinda spoiled), i'll try and catch it if i ever have the opportunity. I know it's sad but i want to see the Matilda musical written by Tim Minchen (spelling?), because i used to love Roald Dahl as a kid and want to see if it's any good.
Out of interest what did you put as your second choice uni? Was it another in London or were you slightly more adventurous with your insurance one?
Oh and do you have any idea if the Brunel University gym is free for students or if they have to pay? It's not problematic if it's the latter i'd just like to know.
Reply 46
Original post by MrTwist
EMPAs are the coursework for science subjects, you do two eperiments, about an hour each, and then a written paper (you have to do graphs and stuff to put your results down during the experiements as well, but i suppose that's a given) sorry i just assumed you'd know what they are because you do sciency subjects, your sixth-form might do ISAs instead, which are the same thing but marked internally (i may have spelt ISA wrong because i have only ever heard it said and not written down).
I've heard 'We Will Rock You' is good, i have a friend who has seen it four times (she's rich and kinda spoiled), i'll try and catch it if i ever have the opportunity. I know it's sad but i want to see the Matilda musical written by Tim Minchen (spelling?), because i used to love Roald Dahl as a kid and want to see if it's any good.
Out of interest what did you put as your second choice uni? Was it another in London or were you slightly more adventurous with your insurance one?
Oh and do you have any idea if the Brunel University gym is free for students or if they have to pay? It's not problematic if it's the latter i'd just like to know.

Oh yeah we do ISAs (spelling was right :P) at our sixth form and I’ve never heard of EMPAs before.
It so much fun! And lol lucky her! No I love the book Matilda... I used to read it over and over again when I was younger. Haha sad me :P It would be nice to watch it as a musical.
And I chose Kingston as my insurance because it only asked for 240 UCAS points so I wasn’t too adventurous. It is in London but like Brunel it takes about 2 hours to get there. Brunel is much nicer though :smile: I got a postcard from them this morning wishing me good luck for my exams.... thought that was quite sweet of them.
And I remember picking up a leaflet from the gym at Brunel with prices on it so we’ll have to pay. But it’s cheaper if you buy a membership for a year instead of paying every month. Good luck with exams by the way if I don’t speak to you before then :smile:
Reply 47
I have an offer for Law at Brunel and have put it as my firm choice. Anyone else doing law?
Reply 48
Anyone doing economics?
Maths offer BBB, firmed yesterday. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by msbjls
Oh yeah we do ISAs (spelling was right :P) at our sixth form and I’ve never heard of EMPAs before.
It so much fun! And lol lucky her! No I love the book Matilda... I used to read it over and over again when I was younger. Haha sad me :P It would be nice to watch it as a musical.
And I chose Kingston as my insurance because it only asked for 240 UCAS points so I wasn’t too adventurous. It is in London but like Brunel it takes about 2 hours to get there. Brunel is much nicer though :smile: I got a postcard from them this morning wishing me good luck for my exams.... thought that was quite sweet of them.
And I remember picking up a leaflet from the gym at Brunel with prices on it so we’ll have to pay. But it’s cheaper if you buy a membership for a year instead of paying every month. Good luck with exams by the way if I don’t speak to you before then :smile:

Thanks! Good luck to you too:smile:
I got a postcard from them a few days ago as well, thought that was really good of them :smile: Feels a little shallow though knowing they could still reject us if we don't do well in the exams
You were quite sensible with your second choice then, i was really stupid and put Nottingham which asked for 300 hundred points, so i need three B's to get into Brunel or A,B,C for my insurance :frown: But it's not a big problem, i'm just being a bit pessimistic
I have a little brother that i read to from time to time and he's into Roald Dahl at the moment, so i'm kind of rediscovering all the old stories again :smile: I think i enjoy it a bit too much for my age if i'm honest :/
If i don't get chance to message you again before the exams i hope it all goes well, though i'msure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by MrTwist
Thanks! Good luck to you too:smile:
I got a postcard from them a few days ago as well, thought that was really good of them :smile: Feels a little shallow though knowing they could still reject us if we don't do well in the exams
You were quite sensible with your second choice then, i was really stupid and put Nottingham which asked for 300 hundred points, so i need three B's to get into Brunel or A,B,C for my insurance :frown: But it's not a big problem, i'm just being a bit pessimistic
I have a little brother that i read to from time to time and he's into Roald Dahl at the moment, so i'm kind of rediscovering all the old stories again :smile: I think i enjoy it a bit too much for my age if i'm honest :/
If i don't get chance to message you again before the exams i hope it all goes well, though i'msure you'll be fine :smile:

Thank you and I hope everything goes well for you too :smile:
And yeah that’s true, hopefully we both do well and get into Brunel. I’m sure you’ll get those grades anyway. Aww I didn’t know you had a brother! It’s cute that you read to him :smile: Haha I’m sure I’d still love Roald Dahl books if I had time to read them that is.
And good luck again and speak to you soon :smile:
Reply 52
Btw the student room app has arrived :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by diggingforfish
Maths offer BBB, firmed yesterday. :smile:

Whoop! me too :biggrin: What exam board are you for maths?
Original post by Funkyhouse
Whoop! me too :biggrin: What exam board are you for maths?

I'm with Edexcel, doing Maths and Further Maths. Who are you with? What's your insurance?
Reply 55
Original post by msbjls
Btw the student room app has arrived :smile:

Cool thanks for telling me, downloaded it and actually find it easier to use than the website 😃
Speak to you soon

Reply 56
Lol no problem :smile: Hope your exams are going well.

Reply 57
Firm choice for Sports and Business Management (BBB)

Anyone else doing that course?

Original post by diggingforfish
I'm with Edexcel, doing Maths and Further Maths. Who are you with? What's your insurance?

Sorry for late reply I'm with OCR MEI:mad: My insurance is Coventry with BBC :smile:
I put Brunel down as my firm choice for History, they want BBB but at best I can see myself getting BBC.

Quick Reply