The Student Room Group

Ugh Less then 2 weeks left

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have done lots of revision over easter for Bio 1,Bio 2,Chem 1 , Chem 2 and history 2
Still need to revise maths and hist 1 !
Reply 21
Original post by Ra Ra
I've been revising for over a month and I still haven't covered everything. I hate AQA History, I really do...

This. History is ruining my life. It is the bane of my life. It is the demon of my life. It is the death of me.

I ****ing hate History. There's so so much to learn. I'm re-sitting meaning I have even more to cover.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone got any tips on how to speed up my revision?
Reply 22
Original post by Ra Ra
I've been revising for over a month and I still haven't covered everything. I hate AQA History, I really do...

I know it really is terrible, practically two subjects to be honest. What topics are you studying? I have only started revising properly in the last couple of days - it takes me ages to get started. what is killing me is the time constraints - absolutely ridiculous!
Started about a week ago and I'm doing Bio, Chem, Hist, and Physics
Reply 24
Original post by Ra Ra

The exam is just horrible, what topics are your doing?
Reply 25
I have intense hatred for AQA history...and I finished my A Levels last year!!! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by f1234
I know it really is terrible, practically two subjects to be honest. What topics are you studying? I have only started revising properly in the last couple of days - it takes me ages to get started. what is killing me is the time constraints - absolutely ridiculous!

Original post by Blob2491
The exam is just horrible, what topics are your doing?

I'm retaking Civil Rights, 1950-1968 alongside the Britain: 1603-1640 module. I've been doing past paper after past paper, but my brain still won't absorb anything. And my first exam's only two weeks away...argh! There's barely any time to plan and answer the stupid questions.

How about everyone else? Everyone seems to be doing Russian history. I am insanely jealous; I absolutely hate the Stuart era :biggrin:
Original post by Ra Ra
I'm retaking Civil Rights, 1950-1968 alongside the Britain: 1603-1640 module. I've been doing past paper after past paper, but my brain still won't absorb anything. And my first exam's only two weeks away...argh! There's barely any time to plan and answer the stupid questions.

How about everyone else? Everyone seems to be doing Russian history. I am insanely jealous; I absolutely hate the Stuart era :biggrin:

*weeps*
I have no idea how anyone gets A's in History. Doing Edexcel History -
Mao's China 1949-1976
Civil Rights 1945-1968
Votes for Women 1860-1928

It's an absolute joke, what they expect us to memorise. Plus, I'm supposed to write one essay on the USA, turn the page, and regurgitate China! Argh!
*Rant over*
Reply 28
where's the love?
Reply 29
Original post by AmiraSerafina
*weeps*
I have no idea how anyone gets A's in History. Doing Edexcel History -
Mao's China 1949-1976
Civil Rights 1945-1968
Votes for Women 1860-1928

It's an absolute joke, what they expect us to memorise. Plus, I'm supposed to write one essay on the USA, turn the page, and regurgitate China! Argh!
*Rant over*

I know :bawling: There's just so much to learn, and you're screwed if you don't revise just one event as much as the other events and it turns up in the exam.

I'm okay with my other exams, actually. But History is mind torture. I'm in two minds about taking it next year now, to be honest :colonhash:
how can we revise for chemistry english or psychology?!! :3!!!!
Reply 31
Original post by xxm
This. History is ruining my life. It is the bane of my life. It is the demon of my life. It is the death of me.

I ****ing hate History. There's so so much to learn. I'm re-sitting meaning I have even more to cover.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone got any tips on how to speed up my revision?

Yeah, here's a tip: get off TSR?
Original post by Lama88
I have done lots of revision over easter for Bio 1,Bio 2,Chem 1 , Chem 2 and history 2
Still need to revise maths and hist 1 !

Well la dee da

OP, I'm going on such a slow pace haha
Reply 33
Original post by Miracle Day
Well la dee da

OP, I'm going on such a slow pace haha

Haha :smile: well
Maths isn't going too well for me and neither is History 1 on German and Italian Unification . My first exam is in 12 days .
Original post by Lama88
Haha :smile: well
Maths isn't going too well for me and neither is History 1 on German and Italian Unification . My first exam is in 12 days .

Same dude. And I bet that's History yeah? lol
Reply 35
Original post by goussberry
Yeah, here's a tip: get off TSR?

That would help. :cool:
Reply 36
Ugh, mine aren't until June but i'm really not looking forward to it.
Anyone seen Groundhog Day with Bill Murray? Wake up, breakfast, study, lunch, study, dinner, study, tv, study, rest. Repeat.

Doing about 12 hours a day with all-nighters every 2 days.

Everything is blurry, eyeballs bleeding, so much study! TSR is my social life right now, for like short periods of time, yes i know that sucks but it's worth it. Imagine having to do it again! sod that.
Reply 38
GEOGRAPHY, FILM STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY, CRITICAL THINKING AND OVER THE SUMMER I HAVE MY EPQ TO COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::mad:
Original post by Ra Ra
I know :bawling: There's just so much to learn, and you're screwed if you don't revise just one event as much as the other events and it turns up in the exam.

I'm okay with my other exams, actually. But History is mind torture. I'm in two minds about taking it next year now, to be honest :colonhash:

My teacher is very good at doing her research and predicting what topics might come up, but of course, I can't depend on that. It just helps get priorities straight.

OmW, what about those questions that include two or three events in the Q, that you have to analyse inside/out upside / down?

Do the examiners cut us any slack? :frown:

Quick Reply