The Student Room Group

ice cream van banned as an 'eye-sore'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Busy bodies complaining again
Original post by Friar Chris
Personally, if there was a way to convince my local council to ban the ice cream van that comes round at 8pm every night and blasts out 'if you come down to the woods today' at ears-splittingly loud volumes, I'd take it. Even with all the windows closed, it goes right through the flat...

That van's not selling ice-cream :tongue:
Personally, if there was a way to convince my local council to ban the ice cream van that comes round at 8pm every night and blasts out 'if you come down to the woods today' at ears-splittingly loud volumes, I'd take it. Even with all the windows closed, it goes right through the flat...

Original post by Witty Username

:biggrin:
Some of the verses in that song are disturbingly perverse when viewed in the context of paedophilia. :erm:

"If you go down in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise..."

"For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic..."

"Every teddy bear who's been good is sure of a treat today. There's lots of marvellous things to eat and wonderful games to play..."

"Beneath the trees where nobody sees they'll hide and seek as long as they please 'cause that's the way the teddy bears have their picnic."

I'm traumatised.
Original post by whyumadtho
Some of the verses in that song are disturbingly perverse when viewed in the context of paedophilia. :erm:

"If you go down in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise..."

"For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic..."

"Every teddy bear who's been good is sure of a treat today. There's lots of marvellous things to eat and wonderful games to play..."

"Beneath the trees where nobody sees they'll hide and seek as long as they please 'cause that's the way the teddy bears have their picnic."

I'm traumatised.

Random. Surely quite a few things are perverse when viewed in the context of paedophilia though?
Regardless, the ice cream van that drives around the student ghettos of Birmingham has nothing to do with kiddies either (AFAIK).

Is it the Selly Oak weed-van? Didn't know it visited Harborne too!
Is it the Selly Oak weed-van? Didn't know it visited Harborne too!

From your description it sounds like it! Really loud music, and trying to sell ice-cream at 8pm.... :tongue:
From your description it sounds like it! Really loud music, and trying to sell ice-cream at 8pm.... :tongue:

This is exceptionally unsatisfactory for me, on two levels:

1. My general dislike of drug dealers

2. I was so going to relent and go get an ice cream from it sometime soon.

Addendum to post: Your signature picture also mocks me with ice-cream. This is just not fair.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ice cream has milk in and maybe meat in some way. I suppose it is for the greater good that it is not sold.
Reply 29
Was expecting something massively ugly.:s-smilie: That's just an ordinary ice cream van.. probably one of the nicer ones that you'd see around.:tongue:
This is exceptionally unsatisfactory for me, on two levels:

1. My general dislike of drug dealers

2. I was so going to relent and go get an ice cream from it sometime soon.

Addendum to post: Your signature picture also mocks me with ice-cream. This is just not fair.

Apologies for the sig :biggrin:
I was so disappointed when I found out it didn't sell ice-cream.
This meme captures my emotions exatcly:
427237_10150530788061051_684276050_9300999_2015384689_n.jpg
What a lovely lass, and in a spotless uniform with hygienic gloves too. Good luck to her.
The last time I bought a lolly at the side of the road you could have planted potatoes in the dirt under the guys nails, the dirty wee fecker.
Reply 32

There used to be one round my way - was on the other side of the village, but it was still bloody loud when you were sitting in the garden. Played Greensleeves (at a slow tempo too) - which was simultaneously depressing and annoying, a bit like one of those adverts for old people's life insurance that are on a loop on the Sky News channel.
Reply 33
LOOOOOLMYgosh.

What a ridiculous ban? Why is the council wasting bans on ice cream vans? Ban strawberry fruit shoot instead, it's vile!
Reply 34
Original post by Ray Bradbury
What a lovely lass, and in a spotless uniform with hygienic gloves too. Good luck to her.
The last time I bought a lolly at the side of the road you could have planted potatoes in the dirt under the guys nails, the dirty wee fecker.

LOL, "lovely lass", meaning she has big...

"the dirty wee fecker"- LOLOLOL

I love scotland
Reply 35
Bloody council jobsworths :fuhrer:
I don't see how it's an eyesore, if anything it's part of the view for a countryside town or village. It's the sort of thing you expect to see.
Daft decision, but then again councils often had a knack for displaying a lack of common sense.

Quick Reply

Latest