The Student Room Group

Girls, are you that fussed about abs?

Obvs personality counts for more than looks etc etc

But do you care if a guy has a six pack or not? Do you find it more or less attractive than a muscular guy who isn't ripped? (only talking about fairly muscular guys here)

So basically, this:

greg_plitt_interview_c.jpg

or this:

daniel_craig1.jpg

Ignore faces.

Scroll to see replies

im actually not at all attracted to six packs, i much prefer daniel craig type bodies - nice big shoulders and arms but not too much :smile:

Original post by MC armani

But do you care if a guy has a six pack or not? Do you find it more or less attractive than a muscular guy who isn't ripped? (only talking about fairly muscular guys here)

So basically, this:

or this:

daniel_craig1.jpg

Ignore faces.
I don't find men with six pacs any more attractive than men without tbh!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone
Reply 3
Original post by MC armani

So basically, this:

or this:

daniel_craig1.jpg

Ignore faces.

I know what response your after and this is not the best forum to get it. Just keep lifting and ignore these skinnyfat wenches.
i prefer abs.
Reply 5
I don't really like six packs at all, but thats my personal preference, so out of the two choices there, I'd say Daniel Craig has a better stomach than the six pack guy.

I'm not really fussed about abs at all, I tend to like the less muscular guys.
Reply 6
2nd picture the first ones too much
Reply 7
Much prefer the 2nd pic! Nicely toned is much more attractive than a full-on six pack.

Plus, the guy in the 1st pic doesn't have enough body hair.

That said, I am not that fussy in actual life, and it's much more important that I like the guy's personality. I know it's cliché but I wouldn't go for someone good-looking who was a complete arse.
(edited 11 years ago)
I can tell you the trend you'll find: younger women may, if they like anything associated with a body in good shape, prefer abs, but will be quite put off by men who are muscular, regardless of how lean they are. Older women (and I don't mean properly old, I just mean adult - anything beyond about 21) are unlikely to have much of a preference for abs, but will be much more interested in men with a more noticeable amount of muscle on them.
Reply 9
It's good to look at lets not lie about that but there are more things women are fussy about than abs.
I really don't care about abs. Visible abs have NO effect on me at all. What matters is an attractive face and general good shape (and obviously his personality is about 70% of it).
I'm 21 btw. All the women I know who have options with men (most of them older than me) feel the same way.
The guys I know who have the most success with women, do in fact not have toned abs, nor do they have bulging muscles. They have what I'd call 'normal bodies'.
Original post by Aconcernedparent
I really don't care about abs. Visible abs have NO effect on me at all. What matters is an attractive face and general good shape (and obviously his personality is about 70% of it).
I'm 21 btw. All the women I know who have options with men (most of them older than me) feel the same way.
The guys I know who have the most success with women, do in fact not have toned abs, nor do they have bulging muscles. They have what I'd call 'normal bodies'.

Unrelated to the thread, but I think your sig just solved 80% of the Relationships forum.

Also is it weird I kind of fancy Emma Thompson? She's like a million years old.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Aconcernedparent

This reminds me of those bitter males who try and claim that most beautiful women are shallow and posses no personality or intellect whatsoever.
Abs freak me out a bit if I'm honest haha, they just don't look natural...
Reply 14
Cue the abs hating.
I'd say the first, but even then not really cuz he's too muscly XD
I'm fine with athletic and toned, but i prefer slender... The first guy seems too ripped and the second is too big =/
I like abs but it's not a must! :wink: Dainel Craig all the way! I don't like people with too much! ;P
Reply 17
Original post by Stripe
It's good to look at lets not lie about that but there are more things women are fussy about than abs.

Would you go for a guy whos nickname was ****-cock, ****e-chat?
Reply 18
I like abs but they're that important. As long as your body doesn't resemble a 12 year old's, it's fine.
too look at: the first guy.

to snuggle down and have sex with and be with: the second guy.

Quick Reply