The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bax121
4 more years of the Fed-ex? Awesome. I love that guy, I don't see how anyone can dislike him even if you have other favourite players.

Sad to see Roddick go out of Queens. Always liked him and Hewitt too had a soft spot for these two as they were at the top when I first got into tennis.

Federer is a pathetically bad loser. Perhaps you have never heard any of his interviews from shortly after Murray has beaten him?
Original post by Zhy
I hope Fred and Nadal meet in the finals of Halle. That will give Nadal the chance to even up his grass H2H with him to 2-2. I would then like them to meet in the SF of the Olympics and Wimbledon so Nadal can take a commanding 4-2 lead in the grass H2H and 21-10 overall. They MUST meet in the SF however as I do not want anything getting in the way of another epic Djokovic-Nadal final. This would further solidify the case for Nadal being GOAT, as he would have a commanding H2H against Fred on Fred's STRONGEST surface whereas Fred has a horrible H2H against him on Nadal's strongest surface. Now we just need Fred to meet Murray and Djokovic a few more times, then he will have a losing H2H against the other 3 members of the 'big 4', further proving that Fred got most of his slams in a weak era. LOL!

Indeed, LOL.
Original post by Slumpy
I love Roddick. I dunno, I've never seen him as conceited or arrogant, he always comes across as possibly the nicest man ever in interviews. Does sometimes get a bit angry when playing though.

He said it's up to the fates but it could he his last Queens/Wimbledon. Has to be his last shot at Wimbledon, he'll be too old next year given his injuries etc.
Original post by kbountra
I think we should have a pact guys where no one pays any attention to Zhy's posts or even mentions his name. Responding to Zhy only fuels his trolling as he seems to thrive off the abuse he receives.

I would love to ignore him, if only he wasn't actually entertaining. I laugh at pretty much everything he posts.
WOW how is Andy Roddick now the world No:32.. :sad: I'm sure I can remember him being 8th/9th not long ago.
Original post by Tsunami2011
WOW how is Andy Roddick now the world No:32.. :sad: I'm sure I can remember him being 8th/9th not long ago.

I know it's sad to see him losing to players that he would have won easily against a few years ago. I always wanted to see him winning a Wimbledon title
Original post by TheMagicRat
I would love to ignore him, if only he wasn't actually entertaining. I laugh at pretty much everything he posts.

Same here. He is the obvious GOAT contender for this thread. Let's hope that he can continue this form coming into the grass season.
Reply 4287
Original post by Ashnard
Same here. He is the obvious GOAT contender for this thread. Let's hope that he can continue this form coming into the grass season.

Not to sound harsh but I don't see Federer winning Wimbledon next month.
Original post by *Hakz*
Not to sound harsh but I don't see Federer winning Wimbledon next month.

He was talking about Zhy surely...
Reply 4289
Original post by Chief Wiggum
He was talking about Zhy surely...

I'm pretty sure *Hakz* is a wannabee Zhy.
Reply 4290
Original post by Slumpy
I'm pretty sure *Hakz* is a wannabee Zhy.

How do I sound like a wannabe Zhy. Is it disrespectful or stupid to put forward my opinion on Federer not winning Wimbledon?
Reply 4291
Original post by *Hakz*
How do I sound like a wannabe Zhy. Is it disrespectful or stupid to put forward my opinion on Federer not winning Wimbledon?

Hmm, apparently I'm thinking of someone else. Oops, apologies.
Still, anything anti-Fed is practically Zhy-lite:p:
Wow, that was one hell of a turn of events at Queen's! :eek:
Original post by Pandora.
Wow, that was one hell of a turn of events at Queen's! :eek:

I initially thought you were confused and talking about Halle (as Fed lost) but, wow yeah - wouldn't have seen that coming. Shame for Cilic - not a nice way to win.
Original post by TheRabbit
I initially thought you were confused and talking about Halle (as Fed lost) but, wow yeah - wouldn't have seen that coming. Shame for Cilic - not a nice way to win.
Fed lost? Ouch, not a good sign! Who was he playing?

But yeah, it wasn't nice for either party. I thought it was a bit far for Nalbandian to complain about ATP when he was interviewed, but I felt awful for Cilic. :frown:
I wish the grass court season was a little longer.
Reply 4296
Original post by Pandora.
Fed lost? Ouch, not a good sign! Who was he playing?

But yeah, it wasn't nice for either party. I thought it was a bit far for Nalbandian to complain about ATP when he was interviewed, but I felt awful for Cilic. :frown:

Fed played Haas.

Wish I watched Queens now.
Nobody is going to be going into Wimbledon feeling good. Makes it very interesting.
Stupid rule & not fair on the crowd, let the match finish & then punish Nalbandian after :yy:
Reply 4299
Original post by Multitalented me
Stupid rule & not fair on the crowd, let the match finish & then punish Nalbandian after :yy:

No, I think it was the right decision. It would be setting a bad example to the Tennis world if it continued on, after such a vicious act.

Latest