The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bartlett Interview for Project Management for Construction

Hey guys :smile:

I've got an interview at the Bartlett next week for Project Management for Construction. I was wondering if they just ask you things about your second personal statement or what sort of thing do they ask you about?

Getting slightly nervous as I know how sort after places are at UCL, the Bartlett in particular! Any tips or advice for either the statement or the interview would be greatly appreciated too. Anyone else going for the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The project management staff in the Bartlett are generally quite nice and approachable, so i don't imagaine the interview will be more than an informal chat about the topics you've highlighted on either personal statement.... It's most likely the aim of the interview is to weed out the stupid people and not identify the very best. Most people who get an interview for that course will get a place
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I got an offer! :biggrin:
Original post by Jackorules
I got an offer! :biggrin:

hi, I've got an interview too! What sort of question did you get in the interview? :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 4
Jackorukes, I have an interview there tommorow for project management for construction, what kind of questions do they ask you?
Reply 5
Hello, Project Management graduate here. From my memory the interview questions tried to tease out how likely you were to enjoy and work hard on the course. As long as you can eloquently put that across you'll be fine. Be prepared to answer questions on your predicted/actual grades, choices of subjects etc. It's not rocket science but you shouldn't be blase about it either. Prepare well and then you can afford to relax :smile:
Reply 6
Hey, i had an interview on 21st of March and accepted on 4th of April for Msc Construction Economics&Management, first they wanted to know how i heard about UCL, from where? Why i applied UCL and especially to this program? Asked if i m currently engaged in these subjects and i was working in Tender&proposal department in a construction company in Turkey. After that i was asked about my internships, my social activities in faculty like playing any faculty sports team. And last one, they ask about my aims after graduation, these are all shortly, good luck to everybody.
Reply 7
Original post by Emin ATAK
Hey, i had an interview on 21st of March and accepted on 4th of April for Msc Construction Economics&Management, first they wanted to know how i heard about UCL, from where? Why i applied UCL and especially to this program? Asked if i m currently engaged in these subjects and i was working in Tender&proposal department in a construction company in Turkey. After that i was asked about my internships, my social activities in faculty like playing any faculty sports team. And last one, they ask about my aims after graduation, these are all shortly, good luck to everybody.

I have an interview on the 22nd of may for Msc Construction Economics and Management and I was wondering if the offer you received was conditional or unconditional. And also if they gave you any general entry requirements for the course. I was given a conditional offer for Msc Civil Engineering in UCL too and my conditions was i obtain a minimum of 65% in my under grad degree so was wondering if there are any such conditions for the Msc in Construction Economics.
Reply 8
Original post by zingy25
I have an interview on the 22nd of may for Msc Construction Economics and Management and I was wondering if the offer you received was conditional or unconditional. And also if they gave you any general entry requirements for the course. I was given a conditional offer for Msc Civil Engineering in UCL too and my conditions was i obtain a minimum of 65% in my under grad degree so was wondering if there are any such conditions for the Msc in Construction Economics.

ıt was an unconditional offer, since i m an international student they requested me an IELTS score with at least 6,5 over 9 and a GPA higher than 3.0/4.0 .
But for anybody, these may not be enough , i had also some work experience and some other studies about my master subject.
Reply 9
hey im going to apply for the project management course for 2013 do they interview all their applicants and is it a one to one interview or a group interview...and what sort of things did they want to know about you?
Reply 10
Hey guys ive applied for this course as well with my exam grades in tow. Any idea how long it will take to get anything back from them?
Reply 11
Original post by Spazybugs
Hey guys ive applied for this course as well with my exam grades in tow. Any idea how long it will take to get anything back from them?

i applied on the last week of october they responed with in like a week and put me on their tracking portal but that was about it :/
Reply 12
Original post by HanaM
i applied on the last week of october they responed with in like a week and put me on their tracking portal but that was about it :/

same here :tongue:
what was everybodys predicted grades and subjects?
Reply 13
I took IB and got a 37 for it so i should be okay as their requirement is 34!

Anyone got anything?
Reply 14
how many people do you reckon apply for this course?
Reply 15
anyone got an offer or interview yet? getting really frustrated :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by aymaanx
same here :tongue:
what was everybodys predicted grades and subjects?

UCL hasn't seemed to offer anyone an interview ... I asked my friends who were doing different courses.
My predicted grades are AAA
Reply 17
Original post by aymaanx
how many people do you reckon apply for this course?

Within the hundreds, there will be about 35 accepted on on to the course. They Will interview everyone. You have to write a second personal statement, they just want to know why you want to do the course.
Reply 18
Original post by HanaM
UCL hasn't seemed to offer anyone an interview ... I asked my friends who were doing different courses.
My predicted grades are AAA

i know 5 people who UCL have sent offers to
Reply 19
Original post by crossmac
Within the hundreds, there will be about 35 accepted on on to the course. They Will interview everyone. You have to write a second personal statement, they just want to know why you want to do the course.

lol theres no way im getting an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending