The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Bathrooms?

Hey, when you're en-suite, what's provided in the bathrooms? Do i need a soapdish etc? What about loo roll holders? Toilet Brush?

Yay! Massive Argos shopping spree!

Thanks for any info!

--Manda

PS - Bathmats?
No bathmats, but you do get a little shelf thing, no soap dish, and there is a loo roll holder as such, but when the college roll runs out 3 weeks into the term its kinda redundant, you can't refill it! I just put the role on top of it!

Oh yeah, we do get toilet brushes. Oh by the way, this is Reid I'm talking about, not sure about other halls.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
MandaMcMoo
Hey, when you're en-suite, what's provided in the bathrooms? Do i need a soapdish etc? What about loo roll holders? Toilet Brush?

Thanks for any info!

--Manda

PS - Bathmats?

You are SOOO prepared!! I havent even started to think about stuff like this! Im just going to follow your threads and note down everything your buying and buy the same.. that way, I'll be okay when I start RHUL. lol xxxx
Reply 3
MandaMcMoo

Thanks for any info!

--Manda

PS - Bathmats?

Blimey...it's only May!! Sill another 4 months to go yet. I'd say wait until you get your results, you never know what might happen.
Reply 4
Well I don't really have much choice. Its a long drive to our nearest shopping centre and my mum's work is heavist in the summer so I need to make use of her freetime while she has it.

One way or another I'll need it eventually.
Reply 5
In Kingswood 2 there are various little shelf-y bits scattered around, some things attached to the sink which I think are supposed to be soap dishes, loo roll holder is provided and attached to the wall (and is perfectly normal, you can put new loo rolls on it) and there is a loo brush, but you may still wish to bring your own, or buy some very strong bleach.

Bath mats aren't provided though, and to be honest there isn't anywhere to put one. The bathrooms are tiny and when you have a shower the floor gets soaked.
Reply 6
This may be an odd question but are the shower heads detachable or are they fixed to the wall?
Reply 7
Mixed in Kingswood 1 , but mine are fixed.
Reply 8
Rozaroo
This may be an odd question but are the shower heads detachable or are they fixed to the wall?

All the ones I've seen (Kingswood 2, Wedderburn and one of the Runnymedes) have been fixed. (in ensuite that is)
wow you guys are too keen :smile:
Reply 10
Our showers are detachable
Reply 11
Where are your showers?
Reply 12
our showers are detachable. not recommended seeing as ours broke through that last term and still hasnt been fixed. now sprays in odd directions... mine are down the corridor (KW1)... you cant really get your stuff now can you cuz you dont know where your gunna be until august and after that you got all a sept pretty much!
Reply 13
Original post by Rozaroo
Where are your showers?

off course in bathroom!
Reply 14
Original post by AlexJohn24
off course in bathroom!

I think they mean what hall. In Wedderburn (and I assume the other new halls) and Runnymede they were fixed to the wall. I seem to remember seeing fixed ones in Founders too.

I'm assuming by the clues (process of elimination and the fact you implied it's not en-suite) that you're in Reid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending