The Student Room Group

Male - wide hips?! excercises to reduce?

anon cause its embarassing! please delete rather than de-anon.

ive been working out for a while now in order to lose weight and tone up. i still want to lose a bit more fat... howeever i have lost alot already. I used to think i just had love handles but its seems my hips wont shrink even with very little fat around them... im really self-conscious of this and dreading going to the beach in the summer!!

are there any exercises to reduce the look of wide hips - i assume its just crap bone structure.

heres some pics to show the problem! -

http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsrkm9.jpg

thanks very much for any advice!
Reply 1
Hips are bone brah. That's the last place fat comes off usually, that and lower abs, you don't look like you have huge love handles anyway. If you want to reduce their appearence, grow bigger lats.

I'm skinny and even I have hips like that:

They're bones, they're not just going to shrink! They look fine. What's the problem? They don't like wide or large or anything...get a grip man!
Reply 3
they're fine.....i call them male curves ... gives guys their figure...

i'm not entirely sure exactly part of the waist/hip ur talking about...
Reply 4
Gancor
Hips are bone brah. That's the last place fat comes off usually, that and lower abs, you don't look like you have huge love handles anyway. If you want to reduce their appearence, grow bigger lats.

I'm skinny and even I have hips like that:

just an excuse to post a picture :wink:
Mine are much bigger than that.

There's nothing to worry about, your hips are much narrower than your shoulders (big plus) and they're the same width as your thorax and slightly smaller than your chest. What lets you down is your abdominal obliques and back muscles which are under-developed, creating that concave curve between your chest and hips which creates the illusion that you have big hips.

Also being male, fat tends to accumulate around the stomach and hips, so losing fat will have a naturally hip narrowing and streamlining effect. Also increasing the size of your shoulders, chest, back and obliques will also go some way to making your waist appear smaller.
Reply 7
It will be a much better for you to work out on your shoulder muscles, you look fine as it is, but broader shoulders will certainly give you a manlier V-shape look.
work on your upper body and that will help get you the v-shape and make your hips seem smaller.
Reply 9
Wear a corset, it was tradition in the old times to wear one every day and it'll shrink just about everything, including your dignity.
please repost the picture i have the same problem and i want to know if anyone else has thi problem
Original post by StranGDeDSeC
please repost the picture i have the same problem and i want to know if anyone else has thi problem

It's 12 years old...

Quick Reply

Latest