The Student Room Group

Salad farts!

God help me. I've become a fan of green salads (lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumber) that I like to eat with tins of tuna. But... holy hell does it give me gas.

Now normally this would be a time for celebration. Normally I would rejoice. Farts, after all, are the spice of life. But these farts - they are very painful. It literally feels like period cramp 24/7.

Must I give up salads? :sad:

Scroll to see replies

You're such a lady!!
Reply 2
Tufts
God help me. I've become a fan of green salads (lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumber) that I like to eat with tins of tuna. But... holy hell does it give me gas.

Now normally this would be a time for celebration. Normally I would rejoice. Farts, after all, are the spice of life. But these farts - they are very painful. It literally feels like period cramp 24/7.

Maybe not give them up completely but cut them down until you're farting again with comfort! :yep:
constipated eat some fibre :smile:
Reply 4
what are you talking about - girls don't fart. They only poo tiny malteaser like pellets.
Reply 5
Tufts

:toofunny:
Reply 6
bass_belle
constipated eat some fibre :smile:

No its not that. I have at least 4 bowls of bran flakes per day. Have been for many years now.
Reply 7
maybe your system adjusting to your diet? I've recently stepped up on more fruit and fibre and the same happened to me. However after a number of weeks its seems to have subsided.
Tufts

:rofl: I laughed so much at that sentence it hurt.

Try replacing the tuna with chicken for a few days to see if its the tuna. It could also possible be the cucumber because that gives my brother farts of doom.
Seriously..

why did you have to put this in the food section,i like to read about food when i'm hungry in almost makes me full ,but that has really put me offf my ChIpS!:frown:
Reply 10
Go somewhere quiet and let it all out
Reply 11
Isiti
maybe your system adjusting to your diet? I've recently stepped up on more fruit and fibre and the same happened to me. However after a number of weeks its seems to have subsided.

That's comforting :smile:

What did it feel like for you?

I've tried taking charcoal. It helps a teeny tiny bit, but I need something more substantial. The discomfort is too great.

Should I wait a few weeks then see the doc?
I get the same when I go on salad/fruit binges. It will clear up soon, don't panic =)
Classy bird! haha love it, sounds like your body doesnt agree with the greens too much like!
Tufts

haha i love you! lol...probably need more fibre :biggrin::biggrin: take 'fibre sure' if you dont like eating high-fibre foods you can get it from boots!
Reply 15
iloveshopping
haha i love you! lol...probably need more fibre :biggrin::biggrin: take 'fibre sure' if you dont like eating high-fibre foods you can get it from boots!

I'm eating crap loads of fibre. See above.
Tufts

oh sorry missed that one..bran flakes!
Reply 17
Tufts

Pun intended?
I find I get the farts when I eat a lot of fruit/salad/veg.

But I take it as a good sign . . .:laugh:
Reply 19
DancinBallerina
I find I get the farts when I eat a lot of fruit/salad/veg.

But I take it as a good sign . . .:laugh:

But my farts.... they be hurting my tummy :sad:

Latest