The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
The_0001
I think your argument encapsulates your who demeanour, why don't you actually do some research.

Yet you didn't logically refute his points?
Reply 201
Syrokal
Yet you didn't logically refute his points?

Because he knows his only point is "Islam is the one true religion, because the person who invented it said God told him so"
Reply 202
s33
Because he knows his only point is "Islam is the one true religion, because the person who invented it said God told him so"

Dang i forgot that one.

Guess I best get converting.
Worst religion one can encounter. Sure the so called 'Moderate Muslims' are fantastic people but in reality, Muhammad PBUH would not be impressed by todays Modern Muslims. For instance there is a Surah whish says A muslim should follow the Qur'an fully, if not they are just like the unbelievers. That would apply to nearly all moderate Muslims.

The real Muslims are the ones causing chaos i.e Taliban, Al Qaeda, PLO and various other labelled 'Extremists'.

Do not bring that Abrogated verse nonsense either.
Reply 204
Syrokal
Dang i forgot that one.

Guess I best get converting.

I know right. Buying my girlfriend the Burkha tomorow, because it's oh so liberating. Musn't be racist though, or I'm just going down to his/her level.
Keep Thy Religion To Thy Self

Don't walk around saying Islam is the only one true religion. That is ultimately insulting to other faiths. Keep that in the Mosque and in your Homes.

Same goes to every other religious nut
Reply 206
ChromeDome
Keep Thy Religion To Thy Self

Don't walk around saying Islam is the only one true religion. That is ultimately insulting to other faiths. Keep that in the Mosque and in your Homes.

Same goes to every other religious nut

I realllllllyyyy want to rep you but I've run out for the day :frown:
Reply 207
ChromeDome

Worst religion one can encounter. Sure the so called 'Moderate Muslims' are fantastic people but in reality, Muhammad PBUH would not be impressed by todays Modern Muslims. For instance there is a Surah whish says A muslim should follow the Qur'an fully, if not they are just like the unbelievers. That would apply to nearly all moderate Muslims.

The real Muslims are the ones causing chaos i.e Taliban, Al Qaeda, PLO and various other labelled 'Extremists'.

Do not bring that Abrogated verse nonsense either.

The PLO is a largely secular, nationalist organisation, containing GODLESS COMMUNISTS. Muhammad would despise them.

The Qur'an also says that Muslims should live in peace with People of the Book, and only fight in self defence. The Taliban and Al Qaeda don't obey these parts of the Qur'an, so by your logic they are kafirun as well.
Ahania
The PLO is a largely secular, nationalist organisation, containing GODLESS COMMUNISTS. Muhammad would despise them.

The Qur'an also says that Muslims should live in peace with People of the Book, and only fight in self defence. The Taliban and Al Qaeda don't obey these parts of the Qur'an, so by your logic they are kafirun as well.

So basically your saying you can pick and mix what you like and don't like. The violent verses are ignored by moderates, The verse which says do not befriend Christians and Jews, if you do your just like them, thats ignored aswell. I have no problem with Muslims editing out the violent nonsense but that also goes against fundamental teachings. I'm a fair guy, the same can be said for Christianity during the 1st testament, only difference is, Jesus came and edited out all the violence. Muhammad PBUH just took bit and pieces from the old testament and new testament.

The only issue I have with Islam is its intolerable unforgiving rules towards women in particular, my girlfriends Egyptian which by default makes her a Sunni Muslim, her immediate family i.e mum, sister, dad are pretty moderate with the exception of the father on that. She was told if she ever brings home a man who isn't Muslim, she shouldn't come home or even think about going to Egypt because she'd be taught a lesson, in other words beaten to death, or near enough.

I mean c'mon, what the :snow::snow::snow::snow: is that. I understand that the man has to be Muslim for the childrens sake because the man is the leader of the family. However, why do Muslims (not all) never make exceptions where by the man gives full religious authority over the children to the wife. Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc all inter marry......but Islam has a humongous issue with inter faith marriage. Of course there are cases where die hard Christians would refuse to marry outside and vice versa with other religions, Islam, not having it or else you are to be killed.

If this debate is to continue, I'm more than willing to extract surahs to back up my points.
Gueirguiy
Could I please get a big mac, small large fries and an orange coke.

Thank you.

How does that work???
Reply 210
Charzhino
It is, it inspiried scientists like Einstein who is reported to have said this after reading it: ''When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous,"

That quote is actually fabricated.
Reply 211
In 2000 years time, the sheep-like followers of Gryffindor and Slytherin might wage war upon one another, claiming their beliefs are the only 'true' ones.

Books, written and translated by people.

Latest

Trending

Trending