The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
amenhotep
Don't start that.

Very few 'real' anythings exist, in that case.

Why wouldn't I start that? This is one of the reasons she broke up with him. If she converts to Hinduism, she'll get her man back and it'll do her religion a favour. Everybody wins.
Reply 21
Demius
You're not really a muslim if you've been having sex before marriage, that too with a Hindu.

Convert to Hinduism, it's a-ok

thats why i typed "supposed to be" muslim.
Reply 22
Demius
You're not really a muslim if you've been having sex before marriage, that too with a Hindu.

Convert to Hinduism, it's a-ok

Where did you get that from ??

again i have good muslim friends and spoken with them about this before. sex outside marriage is wrong, immoral etc but it does not take you outside the fold of Islam.

Best to repent and seek forgiveness as god is all-forgiving. what's done is done, you cant change that. but you can repent and move on. :smile:
Reply 23
Nutta!

Convert? The only thing you'll be losing is your religion, which you're 'supposedly' believing in.
Reply 24
amenhotep
Don't turn it into a race thing (if you are). It's the same in many cases in Europe, still, and Chinese, and Africans and Australians.

I'm not.

I just notice it happens a lot in Asians.

People from Peshawar aren't allowed to marry people from Karachi...

:s-smilie:
Reply 25
Nutta!

We both aren't religious at all. Its the parent issue, both sides of the family are the same... oh well. I have to be careful who I get with in future.

The 'least worst' situation would be to stay together and 'retain' your faiths. That way, both sets of parents are equally displeased, but not one set could have been.

Maybe look at another faith altogether, or better still start a new one (PM me for ideas). This would be fairest for parents who think their grandkids are doomed to hell/unfortunate reincarnation or anything else. Okay, maybe I'm pushing it.
Reply 26
Demius
Convert? The only thing you'll be losing is your religion, which you're 'supposedly' believing in.

Why are you trying to preach on this forum. The OP is a muslim and please respect that
Reply 27
1chunk
Why are you trying to preach on this forum. The OP is a muslim and please respect that

'Supposedly a muslim' quoted verbatim. I'm not preaching, I'm just offering a solution based on the evidence,
Reply 28
*MJ*
I'm not.

I just notice it happens a lot in Asians.

People from Peshawar aren't allowed to marry people from Karachi...

:s-smilie:

I dunno about that. But maybe it's because the 'Asians' you know are also religious and/or have a caste/class/tribal mindset.

Mind you, I wouldn't let my daughter marry a scouser!
Reply 29
amenhotep
The 'least worst' situation would be to stay together and 'retain' your faiths. That way, both sets of parents are equally displeased, but not one set could have been.

Maybe look at another faith altogether, or better still start a new one (PM me for ideas). This would be fairest for parents who think their grandkids are doomed to hell/unfortunate reincarnation or anything else. Okay, maybe I'm pushing it.

Im guna let it lie, I just have spent a big chapter of my life with him.

If he did love me, he'll come back.
Nutta!

You still are a Muslim if you believe in the shahadah (declaration of faith) and 7 beliefs of Islam.
I dont know where ppl get all this Your not a Muslim crap from if you dont follow every aspect of religion.
you can still be gay/ have sex b4 marriage ect and be a Muslim/ you may not be a good one but you still are if you believe in the above. :smile:
Reply 31
Demius
'Supposedly a muslim' quoted verbatim. I'm not preaching, I'm just offering a solution based on the evidence,

No you aren't preaching at all, but I hate people who go arund saying they are muslim when they aren't practising. Actually im atheist, however my family are muslim.
Reply 32
Demius

She doesn't believe in Hinduism either, though.

Religions are like a club aren't they, and there's brownie points for whoever can brainwash recruit a new member, by whatever means.
Reply 33
Demius

Well it's hardly a solution especially if youre giving out false information, like sex before marriage does not make you a muslim.

You still are a muslim albeit one who has done wrong. so best to repent, move on. Life is too short to mess around....
Reply 34
_xAnonymous
You still are a Muslim if you believe in the shahadah (declaration of faith) and 7 beliefs of Islam.
I dont know where ppl get all this Your not a Muslim crap from if you dont follow every aspect of religion.
you can still be gay/ have sex ect and be a Muslim/ you may not be a good one but you still are if you believe in the above. :smile:

Yeah but you can still remember it.. doesn't mean you know it means etc. I have forgotten a lot of things and dont believe in it.
Demius
Why wouldn't I start that? This is one of the reasons she broke up with him. If she converts to Hinduism, she'll get her man back and it'll do her religion a favour. Everybody wins.

'She'll do her religion a favour' - what exactly do you mean by that?

Why the hell should SHE convert? Why should she change her beliefs for a man?

OP I feel so bad for you :frown: I know how you feel. At the end of the day, it wasn't mean to be. If he had realised this before then he shouldn't have let it go on for so long, that's just really out of order. Don't worry, you willl find another guy who will introduce you to his family (instead of having to hide you from them) and you won't have any of this constant hassle, it'll be a much easier relationship. Obviously now it won't feel like it, but don't worry you WILL find someone else, someone better suited for you :smile:
Reply 36
amenhotep
I dunno about that. But maybe it's because the 'Asians' you know are also religious and/or have a caste/class/tribal mindset.

Mind you, I wouldn't let my daughter marry a scouser!

:facepalm2:

Man utd fan eyy? :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Nutta!
No you aren't preaching at all, but I hate people who go arund saying they are muslim when they aren't practising. Actually im atheist, however my family are muslim.

you dont have to be practicing to be muslim. there are many who sin but obviously are still muslim. for you not to be muslim, you have to commit a major sin. like not to believe in one god, Allah. etc

so not all muslims are practicing....

again i know all this from good muslim friends of mine. Very nice people who have helped me alot.
Reply 38
Wild Thing
'She'll do her religion a favour' - what exactly do you mean by that?

Why the hell should SHE convert? Why should she change her beliefs for a man?

OP I feel so bad for you :frown: I know how you feel. At the end of the day, it wasn't mean to be. If he had realised this before then he shouldn't have let it go on for so long, that's just really out of order. Don't worry, you willl find another guy who will introduce you to his family (instead of having to hide you from them) and you won't have any of this constant hassle, it'll be a much easier relationship. Obviously now it won't feel like it, but don't worry you WILL find someone else, someone better suited for you :smile:

Thats why im kinda annoyed, he was the one so adamant that it would be something aka marriage tc.. its hit him properly recently. Whereas I knew it would be dead end... but at least i spent a bit of my life with him.
Reply 39
1chunk
you dont have to be practicing to be muslim. there are many who sin but obviously are still muslim. for you not to be muslim, you have to commit a major sin. like not to believe in one god, Allah. etc

so not all muslims are practicing....

again i know all this from good muslim friends of mine. Very nice people who have helped me alot.

I dont believe in Allah anymore

Latest