The Student Room Group

Teacher reference example

Hello, could some one post an reference letter from a teacher to a student? I've searched all over the Internet but all I managed to find was reference letters from employers.
Reply 1
I think it would be difficult for someone to post their own teacher reference letter? A lot of colleges/sixth forms don't actually allow students to view their references - my own doesn't, though I've coaxed my tutor into letting me read mine. If you are on good terms with your tutor try to ask to see your own - it's bound to be a much better read than a reference for a stranger?
May I ask why you're curious to read one? ^^
Reply 2
Original post by Jakucevicius
Hello, could some one post an reference letter from a teacher to a student? I've searched all over the Internet but all I managed to find was reference letters from employers.
If you are looking for guidance about what your referee should include, look here.
Reply 3
Original post by Jakucevicius

I think these are good examples: http://www.aimhighernorthamptonshire.ac.uk/information/practitioners/references.asp
There's also a really good one with explanations as well as examples from Keele, I'm adding this as an attachment since the actual file isn't online anymore.
Reply 4
thanks a lot :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Peregrinum
I think these are good examples: http://www.aimhighernorthamptonshire.ac.uk/information/practitioners/references.asp
There's also a really good one with explanations as well as examples from Keele, I'm adding this as an attachment since the actual file isn't online anymore.
Those are extremely useful - many thanks for posting them :smile:
Reply 6
You're all welcome! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by awe
A lot of colleges/sixth forms don't actually allow students to view their references - my own doesn't, though I've coaxed my tutor into letting me read mine.

Well, according to the University of Exeter website:

"When writing a reference, [teachers should] remember that, under the Data Protection Act, any student can ask for a copy of the reference and any other personal information that we have about them."

Your school shouldn't be disallowing you to see your own references...!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending