The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Hey everyone, I have an interview at imperial for EEE and I've been told Dr. Gurcan will interview me, does anybody here know him? thanks!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2181
Original post by {Unregistered}
Hi.... :smile: Yup, there would be, considering the fact this is a UK based forum for students who are mainly applying to universities in the UK, a country in which AP's are usually unheard of. :wink:

You are applying to Imperial too? If yes, for which subject? And which AP's are you doing and what are your predictions?

I took 5 last year (cal bc, two econs, world history, biology), all 5
and I'm taking 4 this year (eng lang, chem, physics, stat) and doing environmental science on my own too :biggrin:

all predicted 5.... but imperial still hasn't told me anything

I applied for biology, you?
Original post by Mike93L
Not taken it before but you can find past papers here: http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/step/Test+Preparation

It is very challenging and I would go as far to say that STEP is the hardest possible requirement universities give (e.g. more so than A*A* in Maths and FM)

Agreed, if i do get an offer, and that offer includes STEP, then the most likely reason for me to fail it would be not getting the STEP grade
Original post by ghilee
and I'm taking 4 this year (eng lang, chem, physics, stat) and doing environmental science on my own too :biggrin:

I am going to be taking the English, Calculus BC, Physics B, Chemistry, Computer Science A and Macroeconomics AP's in May of 2012. I have been predicted all 5's and have received an offer from Imperial for 5's in 5 of the AP's.

I applied for Joint Maths and Computing btw.

Each department generally is independent and gives its offers when it wants to. Like, I have also applied for Information Systems Engineering which happens to be in the EEE department and they told me that they would give me their decision by February while the CS department has already given me their decision. So you can't really say when they'll give you the offer. (By this I am implying that you most definitely will get the offer since you have amazing grades).

Good luck and keep us posted when you get the offer. :smile:
Reply 2184
Original post by desy.kris
finally!!!! :biggrin: congratulations!!! my conditions are crazy too, but w/e if I get an offer from Oxford I'll firm Ox :tongue: good luck with achieving those grades!

Congratulations on the offer.

What do you plan to insure and firm?
Has there been any Physics applicants who haven't heard back yet?
Original post by BlackPoison94

Me!
Its rather worrying, I had expected to be interviewed this month... or rejected.

Me :frown:.

It's relieving to know I'm not the only one :colondollar:... They said about 5 weeks after the interview... It's 7 now. But oh well...
Reply 2188
When do Imperial close for the holidays i sent my app for biotech on the 13th of october and i still haven't heard anything yet :/
Original post by Mikey73
Me!
Its rather worrying, I had expected to be interviewed this month... or rejected.

What did you get predicted...and when did you send in your application in? Maybe they'll go forward with your application after Jan if you just sent it?
Original post by El_Matador
Me :frown:.

It's relieving to know I'm not the only one :colondollar:.. They said about 5 weeks after the interview... It's 7 now. But oh well...

I think you should email them :smile: Hmm..how did your interview go..alright? What did you get predicted btw?
Original post by ghilee

Hey, I applied for biological sciences too! I got a conditional offer (5 in AP Chem and 4 in AP Calc BC) a couple weeks ago.

I already got 5s in 4 other subjects last year and I'm taking 6 APs this year.

Good luck! :smile:
I think you should email them :smile: Hmm..how did your interview go..alright? What did you get predicted btw?

I've thought about it, but I don't want to irritate them or anything. I'll wait until it has been a bit longer (8 weeks) before I decide to contact them.

My interview went crap. As all my interviews do, I have terrible nerves. If I am out of the comfort zone (and especially after getting something wrong), I become far too nervous :frown:. I got predicted straight A's at Adv Higher Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

How did your interview go? What did you think of ICL?
Reply 2193
Original post by xch
Hey everyone, I have an interview at imperial for EEE and I've been told Dr. Gurcan will interview me, does anybody here know him? thanks!

He interviewed me. He's a piece of cake.
Reply 2194
Original post by maemg
When do Imperial close for the holidays i sent my app for biotech on the 13th of october and i still haven't heard anything yet :/

Few more days, we break up this Friday (16 Dec.)
Reply 2195
Original post by M.R.
I'm applying for Computing and ISE

That's two separate courses, right? :biggrin:
got acknowledgement today :smile:.... hopefully i'll hear soon after the holidays :biggrin:
Offer for Aeronautical Engineering :smile:
'Mathematics with statistics for finance' offer, anyone?
Original post by Jian_Earle
Offer for Aeronautical Engineering :smile:

Letter or track update?

Latest

Trending

Trending