The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karmen Koh
HEY everyone! I'm new in TSR. Am from Malaysia and applied for Economics and Finance. I have a few questions! It is Urgent! I just got an interview notification from HKU, the interview is on this sunday! Help! Anyone knows about what is it gonna be? like is it more to academic stuff or current issues or is it just going to be introduce yourself? hahah! Or, anyone who will be going for that interview this Sunday too? Help!! :smile:

Same here! I applied for the same course as you did. What time is your interview? Mine's from 6-6.30pm :biggrin:
congratulations! :smile: mine is from 1220- 1250. scary! did you like prepare anything for this ? i'm not prepared at all!
ARe you all with interviews local people in HK? :smile: I havent heard anything back yet but im non jupas in the UK
nope, we are having our interview over here in Malaysia. Don't worry, be patient. they will reply you soon! :smile:
Reply 224
Do you need maths A - Level for any of the economics programmes?
Original post by Hackett

i think there is no specific subject requirements for economics. check the uni website and see if maths is required in HKALE exam (i think no need). if it is required, then it'll be required for GCE A-levels. If not, it is very likely a no for GCE too. hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by Hackett

Looked everywhere on the hku website. Havenf seen anything about maths :smile: im applyijg econ too!!
Original post by dragon_knight
congrads! what's the course that u've applied for? :smile:

thank u !! economics! but then the conditions are really high, a*a*a and not including the alevel maths i did last yr.:frown::frown:
Original post by rainbowmagpie
Wow, congratulations :biggrin: Did you apply on fast track?

yes i did :smile:
Original post by Interpretation
My first choice is the University of Nottingham :smile: We have quite a lot of choices as well, but a lot of the UK unis have restrictions on their psychology modules (which is my major) when it comes to visiting students. Something about being oversubscribed..

My stalking skills tell me that you're studying at KCL. I really, really wanted to go for exchange there. It was my first choice - until I realised that they don't offer psychology :\ Sigh.

Oh cool! Nottingham is close enough to London that you could visit it often. Your stalking skills are quite good lol. Yeah King's is full of HKU exchange students. I can see the appeal - London and the fact that it is a good uni! I think it is strange that King's don't have an undergraduate psychology degree, we do have the Institute of Psychiatry but that I think goes into more medical sides of psychology and they only do postgrad degrees.

I'm sure you will have a great time in Nottingham! Good luck with your application! :smile: I still have a really long wait. I still need to be nominated by King's first and that will take a few months, and that is even before the HKU application... Anyway I am really looking forward to going to Hong Kong now! :smile:
Reply 230
Original post by 21Grapes
Looked everywhere on the hku website. Havenf seen anything about maths :smile: im applyijg econ too!!

Ok, thanks for your help!

What are your grade predictions in the GCE system?
Original post by coffeeortea
thank u !! economics! but then the conditions are really high, a*a*a and not including the alevel maths i did last yr.:frown::frown:

Holy crap!! Are you doing GCE a levels?? O.o crazy high requirements... When j phoned them up lasg year they said id only need AAB :/
Original post by Hackett
Ok, thanks for your help!

What are your grade predictions in the GCE system?

I got aab last year and im predicted A*A*Ab :smile: you?
hku emphasizes a lot on A2 results which is quite different from that in UK. that is, in case u are rejected in the first round interview, u may still get a second chance after your GCE A2 results are issued in late august. that was what my friend experienced although he was eventually not admitted ==

anyway in case any of u didnt get an interview chance from hku, work hard in A2 and get overwhelming number of stars and enter hku :smile:
Reply 233
Original post by 21Grapes
Holy crap!! Are you doing GCE a levels?? O.o crazy high requirements... When j phoned them up lasg year they said id only need AAB :/

I got aab last year and im predicted A*A*Ab :smile: you?

oh right, Well I am predicted AAB, but I hope I can get AAA.

I will be applying with my results tho, as I am taking a year out and re - applying for the Econ & Finance course!
Reply 234
anyone here applied for Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Health ?
getting anxious now, after seeing the academic requirements............
Reply 235
Original post by belinin
anyone here applied for Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Health ?

I applied for that last year. :smile:
Reply 236
Original post by Vulpes

Original post by Vulpes
I applied for that last year. :smile:

May i ask: did you get in? and what's their offer?
Reply 237
Original post by belinin
May i ask: did you get in? and what's their offer?

I got the offer. AAB if I remember correctly. But I got into medicine in the UK so I'm studying there now :tongue:
Wow, those are high grade requirements! Does anyone know how they regard General Studies? ><
Original post by rainbowmagpie
Wow, those are high grade requirements! Does anyone know how they regard General Studies? &gt;&lt;

as far as i know, they do regard General Studies as one subject.
Original post by belinin

i was applying to both when i was JUPAS. i remembered the HKALE admission grades median of BSc was BBCbc, so u might expect a A*AA - AAB for science this year if offer is made. dual degree course require even higher grades i think.

Quick Reply

Latest