The Student Room Group

Hotels In York that are close to the train station

I'm going to book me and the GF in a hotel for a couple of days and was wondering, which is a good hotel near to the train station so we are not carrying our stuff for miles with us, i did book us in the cedar hotel and spa, but cancelled the booking as it was 398 just for b&b
Go on google maps and search for "hotels near york train station" and then look into the ones that show up.
Reply 2
Look for a nice place near the city centre, and get yourself a taxi. Use trip advisor to find a place, its really helpful. York is teeny, if you pick somewhere in the centre the taxi will cost you barely anything, then you have the pick of all the lovely hotels! Also theres always taxi's outside the train station. Hope you have a lovely time!
The Royal York hotel is right next to the station. If you want a more affordable option, there is a Premier Inn down the road, near Micklegate.
Reply 4
If you're not looking for anything posh or fancy but a nicer than a Premier Inn check out Queens. It's a little walk from the station, 10/15 minutes or so not far at all. Lovely rooms there. Stayed there a couple of times with my boyfriend.

I hope you enjoy York! It really is such a lovely place!
Reply 5
Tbh I would be looking for something posh, for me and my GF to stay in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending