The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature 24/05/12 CHARACTER AND VOICE

Hey,

Anybody have any ideas on what may come up in the AQA English Literature exam for Character and Voice?

And could somebody please explain to me how the UMS and Grade boundaries work? Because my teacher said I need roughly 46/60 on both papers for an A overall so if the grade boundaries are like 36 for an A and I get 43 does that mean I don't get an A overall or will this result in a higher UMS or something, please somebody explain !

Scroll to see replies

Hi

If you look on AQA's website, it explains it all on there. Just follow this link.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_ums.php

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
I know for sure that the Ruined Maid, Give and Bredon Gallacher will not come up as they are going to be in Foundation.

However I have a feeling that Medusa, Les Grands Seigneurs, Ozymandias or Casehistory will, well hopefully...

Good luck to you
Reply 3
Last year the poems were Medusa and My Last Duchess (correct me if I'm wrong) and I forgot what they were the year before although my teacher did tell us and I wrote it down *somewhere*. I only got a B last year despite being predicted A*s but I think it was because I didn't read the question (I did MLD and compared it to Les Grandes Seigneurs but I don't think the question was asking about relationships). I'm just reading over my anthology notes and my York Notes book and I'll hopefully wing it tomorrow.
Reply 4
Original post by danismithy
I know for sure that the Ruined Maid, Give and Bredon Gallacher will not come up as they are going to be in Foundation.

However I have a feeling that Medusa, Les Grands Seigneurs, Ozymandias or Casehistory will, well hopefully...

Good luck to you

:wink:Ozymandias will come up 4 sure!!!:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by xRedRockerx
Last year the poems were Medusa and My Last Duchess (correct me if I'm wrong) and I forgot what they were the year before although my teacher did tell us and I wrote it down *somewhere*. I only got a B last year despite being predicted A*s but I think it was because I didn't read the question (I did MLD and compared it to Les Grandes Seigneurs but I don't think the question was asking about relationships). I'm just reading over my anthology notes and my York Notes book and I'll hopefully wing it tomorrow.

I did a mock exam with last years tests *apparently* and it was the clown punk (which I compared it with medusa) or the other option was the hunchback in the park and I've been told my last duchess hasn't come up yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Shakz

how do you know???
Reply 7
does anyone know what kind of question could come up cause if theres one that is comparing i think im screwed :s
Reply 8
Original post by LMD1
I did a mock exam with last years tests *apparently* and it was the clown punk (which I compared it with medusa) or the other option was the hunchback in the park and I've been told my last duchess hasn't come up yet?

Ah yes that does sound familiar now, thanks for that :biggrin:
Reply 9
ozymandias is akward to write about lol kind of panicking is it just me??? :confused:
Do you reckon Clown Punk will come up? I really really hope it does
Original post by sheepstick
ozymandias is akward to write about lol kind of panicking is it just me??? :confused:

I find it a bitch of a poem to be honest. All I can link it with is The River God, which I also hate. I really hope that these poems aren't both of the questions or I think I'll cry :frown:

me too :frown: i don't know much about ozymandias :s-smilie: i want les grands seigneurs mainly or river god or singh song (compare maybe with checkin out me history). if that came up it would be good :biggrin:
REALLY REALLY Hope either "Clown Punk" or "Medusa" or "The Hunchback in the Park" or "On a Portrait of a deaf man" comes up, if so then I can hope for an A :smile:
Reply 14
clown punk has already come up -.-
Reply 15
Original post by LMD1
how do you know???

Tutor told mee( exams officer)...brapp
Original post by xRedRockerx
I find it a bitch of a poem to be honest. All I can link it with is The River God, which I also hate. I really hope that these poems aren't both of the questions or I think I'll cry :frown:

hey hope your not crying cause it cam up but you had a choiceout of two questions so i guess you didnt pick ozymandias, lol i did pick it and compared it to the river god which i love lol hope it went well for you though
Original post by Shakz
Tutor told mee( exams officer)...brapp

just wanted to say thanks cause you sed it would be ozymandias so i revised it and it cam up on the paper so mega thankz :biggrin:
Reply 18
just wanted to say thanks cause you sed it would be ozymandias so i revised it and it cam up on the paper so mega thankz :biggrin:

No problemo sheepstick...how did u find it? Tell me sum of the things u wrote..?
Original post by Shakz

Ozymandias did come up, thank god! It was quite an easy exam, I compared it to Medusa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending