The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

MSc Occupational Therapy

Hey,

Is anyone applying for or currently on the MSc occupational therapy course? I have applied for September 2012 and waiting to hear back.
Does anyone know how many hours of teaching a week roughly there is?
I am thinking about commuting from Bury St Edmunds initially but not sure if this is practical or not.
Amber
Reply 1
Original post by ambs7
Hey,

Is anyone applying for or currently on the MSc occupational therapy course? I have applied for September 2012 and waiting to hear back.
Does anyone know how many hours of teaching a week roughly there is?
I am thinking about commuting from Bury St Edmunds initially but not sure if this is practical or not.
Amber

Hey Amber,

I'm just after applying this morning for Essex. I'm not sure what the teaching hours are. I presume roughly 9-4 most days. When did you apply? :smile:

Ciara.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
I'm also applying to Essex for MSc Occupational Therapy - I've also applied to Cumbria and Northumbria, but would prefer to start in September 2012 rather than wait until March 2013 (Northumbria have changed the course start date).

I'll be a mature student (30!) and moving from Scotland - any ideas on how expensive Essex would be to live? Bit worried about scraping together enough money for the move - Cumbria would certainly be cheaper but it seems their placements are all over the place so not sure how that works with renting etc.
Reply 3
I dunno how expensive it would be, hopefully not as expensive as London. Have you applied yet? I wonder how long it takes to find out if we get an interview. I also have applied for Cumbria. I've my interview coming up in April. Have you had your interview yet?
Hi Ciara,

No I didn't get a chance to apply yet - probably try to get it done over the weekend - maybe Sheffield Hallam too as I like the structure of their course (incorporated placements 3 days per week instead of in one big solid block).

I've got an interview on 11th April for Cumbria, when's yours? Where is your first choice? I'm quite keen on Carlisle as a location but a few things put me off - the fact that placements could be anywhere (Isle of Man?! as that would mess up renting etc) plus the uni isn't very established academically. But still, I'm looking forward to the interview and finding out more :smile:.
Reply 5
Did any of you guys hear back?
Reply 6
Hi,
Did anyone hear back from essex?
Reply 7
Hey yeah I'm starting this september! Is anyone else?
xx
Reply 8
Hey, starting September too!
Reply 9
I can't wait to start now, though hope we hear soon about the bursary! Where are you planning on living? I'm going to be commuting as I live about 50 mins away.
x
Hey
I managed to get a place at Avon Way House - about 15 mins away from the Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending