The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics and Business Unit 4B: The Wider Economic Environment and Business

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trollolollol
Do I get brownies for referring noggster and making him give you notes ^^. I will come to london just for the brownies :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I have my last 2 exams tomorrow, once these are out of the way you are welcome to come to London, I'll give you a tour and as many brownies as you like!! You've been really helpful! :smile:)
Original post by Perseverance
Have a feeling the macroeconomic stuff won't come up as a lot of that (inflation/monetary) came up in January.
Likely something to do with evidences: C, E and F and possible A for a smaller question. Perhaps something on subsidies for buses/roads as merit goods/road pricing

really?! Damn, I dont get the E and F ones, I haven't managed to find much info about it..:/
But yeah..I think externalities and subsidies and public transport too..
do you think they will do Fuel alternatives as well? Like evidence H?
Original post by Cabyo
[INDENT]

Currently cramming!

What do you think is going to come up, I'm dreading this exam I never quite know how to break down the marks and apply my knowledge to get full marks.

Any tips to do well? :tongue:
Original post by Kiweefruit
really?! Damn, I dont get the E and F ones, I haven't managed to find much info about it..:/
But yeah..I think externalities and subsidies and public transport too..
do you think they will do Fuel alternatives as well? Like evidence H?

Evidence H very unlikely as they did a lot on it last time. Evidence E and F are commenting mainly on the private benefits of cars but also how it divides society (link to inequality).
Are we meant to be drawing graphs for this exam?
Guys what should I know about government intervention?
What I Know is that:
1. Government intervenes to correct market failure
2. To protect consumers from monopoly like powers
What are the drawbacks of govt. intervention?
How do I apply to case study?
What are the roles for OFT and CC and EU CC in road transport???
How does inequality contribute to market failure and how does providing bus services lead to equity???]\
WILL GIVE A +REP!
Reply 206
Omg someone reply quick! I have NO idea why people are talking about BROADCASTING? Where did that come from!? Is that suppose to come in the exams extra evidence or is that in your pre-release case study? Because then I don't have the same case studies as you guys :/
Original post by kayjay9
Omg someone reply quick! I have NO idea why people are talking about BROADCASTING? Where did that come from!? Is that suppose to come in the exams extra evidence or is that in your pre-release case study? Because then I don't have the same case studies as you guys :/

Calm down first of all. We're given an extra piece of evidence I was told in the exam. I don't know anything about broadcasting. :/
Original post by kayjay9

Sit back and relax!!! Broadcasting was last years pre-release!! You are fine!! This thread has just been merged with last year, thats all it is I think!!!
Original post by ezelvyte93
Sit back and relax!!! Broadcasting was last years pre-release!! You are fine!! This thread has just been merged with last year, thats all it is I think!!!

% I think it was a ploy to drive us all insane. LOL
:P Good luck everyone.
Original post by Kiweefruit
% I think it was a ploy to drive us all insane. LOL
:P Good luck everyone.

Could have been!! haha :smile: Good luck, and huge thatnk you to everyone for their help!!!! :smile:)
How did everyone find this exam?

I thought it was OK - I preferred the 30 mark question this time!
Reply 212
Could have been a lot worse :smile:
30 markers meant how effective are like policies, such as subsidies, taxation and national road charging to correct market failure associated with the use of vehicles, e.g. emissions, pollution, inequality??????????????
20 marker was ****!
10 markers meant smth like how rising fuel prices contribute to inflation above target?? Maybe like, greater prices, such as imposition on trucs and diesel would increase their costs and hence passed on at higher prices to consumers??
Supply side policies are the government measures to affect efficiency and productivity of labour, e.g. diesel cheaper to trucks??
Fiscal are the general taxation and how it affect demand??
Why trucs are negative externalities? Because they are still vehicles. Therefore, thus mean that they produce congestion and great amount of emission, especially particulates, hence affecting health and environment?

Quick Reply

Latest