The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Just picked up my accreditation pass. Never expected it to be so huge and my face to be so fat lol
Reply 2021
CHecked my ess today, showing shifts down for days i told them i cant work? They have given me 6 days of 12.30 hour shifts then 3 days off then another 6 days. Cant work 4 of those days and now i have no way of contacting anyone about it because they refuse to give the scheduling teams number out. Oh and to top that off, the venue is a 3 hours train journey from where i live, they told me they would be puttting me up in a hotel and paying for it all and would receive an email. Have i received one? Of course not.
Original post by arno111
CHecked my ess today, showing shifts down for days i told them i cant work? They have given me 6 days of 12.30 hour shifts then 3 days off then another 6 days. Cant work 4 of those days and now i have no way of contacting anyone about it because they refuse to give the scheduling teams number out. Oh and to top that off, the venue is a 3 hours train journey from where i live, they told me they would be puttting me up in a hotel and paying for it all and would receive an email. Have i received one? Of course not.

Where did u log in to the system to show you this? I haven't been told anything about any website so I wouldn't actually have login details to enter would I :s

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 2023
Original post by Lmeechan
Have you had any sort of training yet?

yh i have completed all my training, got sent an email sayin congrats i have completed all my training. Just got all my ID sent back from sia today and was told it can take up to 5 weeks to check whatever there gonna do. so i have no sia badge, no accreditation, no nothing. my bro applied for this job in late march after missing like 2 interview and he is already to work.
Original post by arno111

Same here. Although I only have one day off - 6 on, 1 off. Only made one as the first shift was torture. Manager phone me up to ask why I haven't been in I said I need my times changed firstly and not sitting down for 12 hours I was in pain he said ok but when can you come in next I was like no we need to sort my times out he goes ok we will do it when you come in next - I bet they won't.

I was given a number for this guy in scheduling although he never answers. He doesn't respond to emails too. There has to be some flexibility I never opted out of working 48 hours yet I was given 75 hours.

I told the manager I will be back on Wednesday for more pain and boredom but I have to have my shifts sorted. From a logistics point yes only having two shifts 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am works good but perhaps people can't do this.
Reply 2025
Original post by GuitarWizard
Same here. Although I only have one day off - 6 on, 1 off. Only made one as the first shift was torture. Manager phone me up to ask why I haven't been in I said I need my times changed firstly and not sitting down for 12 hours I was in pain he said ok but when can you come in next I was like no we need to sort my times out he goes ok we will do it when you come in next - I bet they won't.

I was given a number for this guy in scheduling although he never answers. He doesn't respond to emails too. There has to be some flexibility I never opted out of working 48 hours yet I was given 75 hours.

I told the manager I will be back on Wednesday for more pain and boredom but I have to have my shifts sorted. From a logistics point yes only having two shifts 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am works good but perhaps people can't do this.

You picked full time right?
Reply 2026
I Want Additional Training Tbh! Alternating Between Roles Would Make It More Interesting Thus Reducing Boredom
Reply 2027
Had to go to coventry from bham just to give them my size which i already did at interview !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2028
Just got an e-mail from them to collect my uniform; I e-mailed them saying I was up to date with everything and here's what they sent to me:

Hi

Please come in with your Accreditation pass to RTUC Pitchford Street London E15 4RZ from Monday to Friday between 9am to 7pm and you will be able to collect your uniform.

Thank You

So I suggest those with accreditation but no uniform to go and pick it up!
Reply 2029
G4S are a joke. I applied directly through G4S not BTG in April. Passed my screening/vetting nearly two months ago now and just last week one of my personal referee has been contacted. My application is still in accreditation and I never done any sort of training. So no SIA or role training as of yet. Tried calling/emailing them they just told me be patient and wait............................So my future with G4S is kinda looking bleak.
Reply 2030
When you e-mail them just be polite and calm because I believe they are stressed as well. Fighting fire with fire will create a bigger fire so just be calm
hmm guys u no for training ...we shouldnt be getting taxed if we're students right? esp if the pay is gnna be less than 8k a year. If so..what do, we contact the uncontactable g4s or just wait for end of tax year?

I am now awaiting deployment, I have eveything and ready to go, where are you guys working if you dont mind me asking???
Reply 2033

I just wanna get 5 shifts over and done with to be honest, this is all such a hassle. I have another job anyway so am not desperate for the work.

I have a number for a supervisor in scheduling, phoned him earlier and he said phine me back in half hour im on lunch. Phoned him back and surprise surprise wont answer any calls or texts lol. Phoned the call centre, no one knows how to get my shifts cancelled lol. This is such a joke.

When are you going in next? What venue you working at? When you didnt turn up to a shuft did you let them know or not tell anyone?
Reply 2034
Original post by DarkTitan
hmm guys u no for training ...we shouldnt be getting taxed if we're students right? esp if the pay is gnna be less than 8k a year. If so..what do, we contact the uncontactable g4s or just wait for end of tax year?

Wait for the end of year tax; today I got a cheque because I was taxed last year on my old job so you will get it back
Reply 2035
[INDENT]
Original post by DejiBest
When you e-mail them just be polite and calm because I believe they are stressed as well. Fighting fire with fire will create a bigger fire so just be calm

We would have more empathy for them if they would just give us straight answers instead of wasting some of our times. Some of us like me for example will defo not get the job now and it just pisses me of so much. The company is a joke.
Reply 2036
Original post by EJ92
yea im a PSA Team leader

have u picked up your uniform yet? i noticed they dont provide foot wear to team leaders
Reply 2037
Original post by mattstar
i am a team leader

oh cool, have u picked up your uniform yet?
Reply 2038
Hi,

Got my accreditation pass, uniform and completed my PSA - bagger, screener, searcher and loader training at London, Statford - did this on the weekend - 7th & 8th July.

Does anyonone know how to collect your payroll number and time card? I think the payroll number and time card are the most imporant things as it allows you to sign in and out, which must be done in order to get payed.

Other than that, have not heard anything about work and shifts ect, any venues I might be able to work at and accomodation.

Seems ridiclous that G4S are leaving everything this late, did a little bit of research online earlier and alot of newspapers are now highlighting the point that the olympics is lacking secuirty - out of the 13,500 potential security employees - 9,000 still have to be accredited! 9,000 people to be accredited in three weeks...good luck.
Reply 2039
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
Hi guys,

I'm working at the Olympics through the Bridging The Gap scheme (G4S) and I have a role specific training tomorrow, however, I don't have my SIA lisence? Apparently, I am exempt from doing the SIA training, as I'm working for G4S through Bridging The Gap. I've called G4S several times, but to no avail. They seem to be useless as answering questions, and I need some definitive answers, and fast, as the training is tomorrow. I don't want to go all the way to Stratford for the role specific training, if I need an SIA license? Can anyone solidly confirm that this is not required, as I'm working through Bridging The Gap? Really need some info! If I miss tomorrow's training, there is some more the following week, and G4S have made a note about my enquiry! Anyone PLEASE shed some light on this frustrating situation. G4S never EVER mentioned that an SIA license is required to participate in the Olympics, and I've read that it's not needed for me to work?

You dont need an SIA licence to attend training. All you need is proof of identity (Passport/Drivers license) and the email regarding training printed out!

Quick Reply

Latest