The Student Room Group

How much on average does GYM Cost and how much do you pay?

How much on average does GYM Cost and how much do you pay?

So i am thinking of going GYM, but have no idea how much it costs? or will cost?
How much do you pay? Is it monthly, weekly or hours?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I pay £23 a month.
The gym at my uni is £82.50 for the year.

However, it's undergoing refurbishment at the moment so I've had to join another gym which is costing £20 per month.
Reply 3
£30 p/m. I think £25-£35 may be the average
£24pm here, or for non-members it's £5.40 or so a session.
Reply 5
My uni is £50 a year

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
When you say £23 ~ etc PER MONTH

Does that mean, UNLIMITED USE and UNLIMITED HOURS? I Can stay 8 hours a day if i wish?
Go to David Lloyds . £15 per Month. (cause i'm under 18 ). That's cause dad's on a weekend membership which is 20.. Still works out better then the standard which is 37and that's for completely unlimited use. i could spend everyday there if i wanted
Reply 8
Been on a gap year - so using a fairly local gym. Bloody expensive though - £44 a month.

Can't wait to start using the university owned gym - much cheaper.
Reply 9
I want to go too! but yeah it is expensive.
Reply 10
I pay £5 every time i go. If you pay £40 a month and don't actually go then you've wasted money
member of bannatyne's and pay something around £40 a month
Pure Gym - £17.99 pm.
Reply 13
£72 for 3 months
£12 a month
Reply 15
£30 for full use of about 14 different gyms including all classes and the likes of badminton, as well as as much swimming as possible.
I only pay £8 a month (Glasgow Club - Young Scot card discount) although when I move for uni I think it's about £80 for the year.
Reply 17
Fitness First I pay £49 a month
I'm paying £15 per month. It's the cheapest I could find and have only just joined in June. Gives you unlimited access, so there's no off peak only use etc.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
Damn I'm jealous of all of you lot, my local gym costs £69 a month for a STUDENT, for an adult it's £90something..

Quick Reply

Latest