The Student Room Group

Leeds University Selection Day and Numeracy Test

Hi there!

I've had a letter through regarding a selection day at Leeds University on the 7th of December. They say it's a selection day with a numeracy test. I'm just wondering if someone can just inform me on what is involved in a selection day, and if there is any form of formal interview during the process?

Also if anyone could advise me on the sort of things that will appear on the test, then that would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone :smile:
Original post by Beyond_The_Norms
Hi there!

I've had a letter through regarding a selection day at Leeds University on the 7th of December. They say it's a selection day with a numeracy test. I'm just wondering if someone can just inform me on what is involved in a selection day, and if there is any form of formal interview during the process?

Also if anyone could advise me on the sort of things that will appear on the test, then that would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone :smile:

It would help if you could say which course you applied for, as selection processes for each will be vastly different.
Ah, sorry about that. Was rather early in the morning on a night shift when I posted this.

It's for mental health nursing.

Thank you
Ah, sorry about that. Was rather early in the morning on a night shift when I posted this.

Thank you

I've moved your thread to our Nursing forum, where you're more likely to get answers from other Leeds MH applicants :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Becca-Sarah
It would help if you could say which course you applied for, as selection processes for each will be vastly different.

i had numeracy test at leeds on the 3rd and wasnt too hard. was fractions (mutiplying them) converting fractions into decimals, adding , etcc
Original post by jjones42
i had numeracy test at leeds on the 3rd and wasnt too hard. was fractions (mutiplying them) converting fractions into decimals, adding , etcc

I'm not the one asking about selection tests... You want to quote the original poster:

Thank you

See post above ^

Quick Reply