The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU Gym Partner 2013

So i'm a size 22 and looking for someone to come to the gym with me! I am going to use uni as a way of becoming who I want to be by getting a degree and moving towards the future. This also involves some serious weight loss. are there girls going to DMU in jan or maybe started september gone who are in the same situation? the gym seems really fairly priced so want to take advantage of it!!

Im a really out there person and have a good sense of humor. i'm a trained chef so if you wanted to get grips with your diet i know a lot about nutrition and can help you do things on a budget.

if you don't want to post here then feel free to mail me :smile: im hoping that having someone keep me company might keep my motivation up
Hiya :smile:.

Just wanted to say well done on deciding to start going to the gym!

I also think you might possibly get more replies in the actual university forum rather than fitness, so I can move it if you want, but it's up to you; just let me know!

xx
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
ah that would be great!! i was just hoping if i put DMU in the title it would come up in searches! thanks so much xxxx
No problem, done, hopefully you'll get more replies now! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by beautix
So i'm a size 22 and looking for someone to come to the gym with me! I am going to use uni as a way of becoming who I want to be by getting a degree and moving towards the future. This also involves some serious weight loss. are there girls going to DMU in jan or maybe started september gone who are in the same situation? the gym seems really fairly priced so want to take advantage of it!!

Im a really out there person and have a good sense of humor. i'm a trained chef so if you wanted to get grips with your diet i know a lot about nutrition and can help you do things on a budget.

if you don't want to post here then feel free to mail me :smile: im hoping that having someone keep me company might keep my motivation up

If I get into DMU for sept, Id gladly be your Gym buddy :biggrin:
But I'd probably go running around the place more than being in a gym.
I just find it a bit more interesting than staring at some sweaty old man ahaha :biggrin:
I was thinking of going to the gym. I would love to loose some weight but was worried that i wouldn't have time alongside work. I work sooo much until its perfect. I still think we should keep in touch. I'm sort of a negative person, so someone with a good sense of humor would be brill.
Reply 6
I'm planning on joining the gym at dmu too! :smile: need to lose some weight :/ college has made me chubby! :P
I'd love to meet some gym buddies! won't feel soo alone then :P
Reply 7
I'd gladly join with any of you! I'm staying in liberty park and studying fine art if anyone is in the same situation? Personal message meee cxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am planning on using the gym when i start my course in september :smile: Ive lost a stone already and im planning on loosing more :smile:
I'm planning on doing too! I have personal training once a week at home, so I'm going to try beg my trainer to come up and set me a programme based on the gym at DMU. Does liberty park have an on-site gym if anyone knows? Diet won't be a problem- soups and cereal!!! If I get in, ill be happy to go with any of you guys?x
Reply 10
I'm planning on going to the gym regular so I'd love a gym buddy. I'm staying in Liberty. By the way.
Reply 11
Original post by GothicDarling
I am planning on using the gym when i start my course in september :smile: Ive lost a stone already and im planning on loosing more :smile:

How did you lose all that weight, already? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by amyneave
I'm planning on going to the gym regular so I'd love a gym buddy. I'm staying in Liberty. By the way.

I'm planning on going gym regularly too! :smile: I'm staying at home though
Just cut out some carbs from my diet and excerdized a bit more :-) it took a year to come off but its better losing it slowly as your more likely to keep it off
Reply 14
When I get back to Leicester in september itd be good if I could train with a partner because theyd be able to push me and vice versa. Was hoping someone was thinking the same thing?
I currently do 6 days a week, mainly muscle training because im trying to bulk up but i do cardio twice a week as well so if anyones looking to gain muscle/size and wants to be dedicated to the gym then let me know coz itd be good to train with someone!

Also im not that hench so dont worry if you think i'll be lifting alot more than you because i probably wont
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dan2405
When I get back to Leicester in september itd be good if I could train with a partner because theyd be able to push me and vice versa. Was hoping someone was thinking the same thing?
I currently do 6 days a week, mainly muscle training because im trying to bulk up but i do cardio twice a week as well so if anyones looking to gain muscle/size and wants to be dedicated to the gym then let me know coz itd be good to train with someone!

Also im not that hench so dont worry if you think i'll be lifting alot more than you because i probably wont

i want to go to gym, i want to become lean and also gain some mass
Posted from TSR Mobile

Im startibg uni this year and want to start gym with partners to bulk up too
Ill seconds that, ill be happy to join you in the gym

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply