The Student Room Group

Forensic Science - What A levels,what grade?

Hello people!

I might be joining a sixth form soon, if not definatley next year. I am wondering which A levels to take, obviously chemistry is a must, but what else? I had in mind: Chemistry, biology, law and something else. But what would you need to take to become a forensic scientist? And what grades would you need to get once you finished the A levels, heres the uni:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/studying/undergrad/subjects/forensic_sci.html

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 1
Callum118
Hello people!

I might be joining a sixth form soon, if not definatley next year. I am wondering which A levels to take, obviously chemistry is a must, but what else? I had in mind: Chemistry, biology, law and something else. But what would you need to take to become a forensic scientist? And what grades would you need to get once you finished the A levels, heres the uni:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/studying/undergrad/subjects/forensic_sci.html

Cheers! :smile:

Nice course! I was once interested in doing Forensic Science but I decided not to in the end. I remember having a talk with my Science teacher and she joked that 90% of the people in the class would be fans of CSI (the tv show).

I looked here and looked under 'skills and qualities required' and perhaps see which A Levels would tick the boxes.

I'd do Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Language or Literature. For international offers they include a requirement in Maths so it might be good to show your ability at A Level. I'd also do English to show that you are well rounded and can do things like report writing.

"A/AS level 280 points (3.5 A level equivalents) inc BC at A level"

It seems like they want something like BCDc overall. To get 280 UCAS points with 3.5 A Levels as well as including the stated A Level grades it would have to be that. 100+80+60+40=280. But just try to get the best that you can, don't think simply because of what I wrote that you can not work as hard as you would :P
Reply 2
Not many jobs in forensic science
Reply 3
whats your name and how many grads do you have
(edited 8 years ago)
Most people working in forensic science don't have a degree in forensic science as Kent offers it, but have often a chemistry degree or another science.
Well i do chemistry biology and psychology for forensic science
Im not sure what I want to do when im older, im one of those people that are passionate but don't have a passion.I've always wanted to help people and I've been interested in forensic phyc.I don't want to do sciences because my other a levels are business and law(aswell as phycology).Law could be questionable but if i don't want to do phyc i would wanna go into law cuz I like wirting analysing etc. Any thoughts or advice?
Original post by fafaafaag
Im not sure what I want to do when im older, im one of those people that are passionate but don't have a passion.I've always wanted to help people and I've been interested in forensic phyc.I don't want to do sciences because my other a levels are business and law(aswell as phycology).Law could be questionable but if i don't want to do phyc i would wanna go into law cuz I like wirting analysing etc. Any thoughts or advice?

It would be better if you post this as a new post rather than post in a 4 year old thread

Quick Reply

Latest