The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Loz17
7 lab reports and a maths assignment. 5 days to do this, 3 nights of work, a challenging drive on little sleep (as a learner) and need to supervise an event who want to use the society urns, which may not have available power to be able to work. BRING IT ON!

Gogo loz! :hugs: don't burn out though k? :sadnod:
Original post by skipp
Gogo loz! :hugs: don't burn out though k? :sadnod:

Already half way there but I am determined to make it. Will reward myself with a night out on wednesday if I get 5 labs done by then :smile:

Please don't burn yourself out either :no: Just seen how much you have :hugs:
Reply 942
Such a fail of a reading week. Shouldn't have bothered carrying home so many books.
Original post by Muffinz
Good job! :biggrin: Out of interest what was the AWFUL one, so I won't take it next year? :P

It's a core module so you'll have to take it I'm afraid. Civil war and restoration literature.
Haha, I've just got my shifts through for next week. Good God.

I need to study so hard... Urgh.
Can't you people just say that you're not able to take more shifts? You are only on an X amount of hours contract - you don't have to take more do you?
My fail of a weekend has contiunued- I fell asleep again at 1 til just before 3, I've just washed my hair and now I'm hungry so I haven't started anything yet. Ooops.
Reply 947
Original post by Alexandra1234567
It's a core module so you'll have to take it I'm afraid. Civil war and restoration literature.

Not unless I cleverly avoid it by not picking it as one of the 4/6 core modules I need to do!

And aww. I liked the sound of that one on the course catalogue! Why was it awful?
Original post by hothedgehog
Can't you people just say that you're not able to take more shifts? You are only on an X amount of hours contract - you don't have to take more do you?

I'm poor and we have new management so I can't piss them off, if I do I'll get barely enough shifts to feed myself.
Reply 949
-go to library and get books. There are only 1 left of each book I need so want to try get them before they are taken, plus I could do with the walk - pretty stressed out right now.
-Buy some bread, peanut butter, basic essentials.
-write 500ish words of essay (made no progress yesterday, oops)
-read one book and take notes
-Make a start on politics seminar prep

+need to do economics workshop prep I forgot about

At least I've made some progress..although right now I am eating my way through an entire bag of caramel nibbles.
Original post by Muffinz
Not unless I cleverly avoid it by not picking it as one of the 4/6 core modules I need to do!

And aww. I liked the sound of that one on the course catalogue! Why was it awful?

Because the reading/content is pretty boring and repetitive. The lecturers are nice though.
Right, I give up on this summary thing, the tutor isn't going to say anything and I'm wasting too much time trying to think how to rephrase things when I need I can possibly get my Cold War Presentation done tonight.
Why is trying to find online journals such a chore??? Motivation seriously waning here...
I had a bit of a breakdown to my flatmates. I kind of want to quit my job because of all the hours but 1) I need the money, 2) it's so useful for the future and 3) I do actually enjoy it and like the people I work with.

What takes the piss even more is that a fair few people I work with didn't get any shifts at all!

I'm now in too bad a mood/too upset to be nice at work and study while I'm here.
Reply 954
Group work ****s me off. "Alright guys we need to get this done ASAP because I'm sure we've all got other things to get done." Yeah, an essay that is a) due two weeks before that, b) is longer and c) is worth more of the module to which it relates. Oh and d) Won't get ****** up by people who contradict themselves.
Original post by Aemiliana
I had a bit of a breakdown to my flatmates. I kind of want to quit my job because of all the hours but 1) I need the money, 2) it's so useful for the future and 3) I do actually enjoy it and like the people I work with.

What takes the piss even more is that a fair few people I work with didn't get any shifts at all!

I'm now in too bad a mood/too upset to be nice at work and study while I'm here.

Are you at uni to get a degree or do that job?
Reply 956
Camped out in the library all day reading about Icelandic Sagas. :h:
Finally got some work done- first few slides of my presentation. Its hard to condense the cold war down to a few bullet points.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Are you at uni to get a degree or do that job?

To get a degree but if I starve to death I won't get it.
Reply 959
Hello everyone!
Is it okay if I join you all here? This looks really useful :biggrin:
I'm in the final few months of my degree, and really starting to struggle because there's just too much to do! I have a lot of other problems going on at the moment, feeling very stressed out and seriously lacking motivation. I seem ot be spending all day trying to work and not actually getting anything done, its very frustrating! :frown:
My long-term to do list:
Dissertation ~ 10,000 words
Essay 1: 3,500 words
Essay 2: 2,500 words
Essay 3: 2,500 words
Essay 4: 2,000 words
2 x Presentations

Deadline for all of the above is the end of April :ashamed:

What I have actually done:
Small amount of dissertation reading
Began reading the primary texts and formulating a couple of basic ideas for essay 2 and 3.

Tonight's List:
Application form for postgraduate study
As much as I can of 1/2 books for seminar tomorrow

Just thought I'd introduce myself! Any tips of managing all of this when I've all but given up would be great :smile: