The Student Room Group

Why is White guy/Asian girl couple so rare??

I am actually surprised when I see a Asian female with an White guy, it's very rare.

Asian girls - you just don't know what you're missing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well each to their own...
It's certainly not uncommon in Birmingham
I'm mixed race, bf is Indian.
People should date who they f'in want...
rare? really?
the most common inter-racial coupling is White male + Asian female.
Second place: Black male + White female.

either way, you cannot entice Asian women to date White men with just "you don't know what you're missing"
People date who they want to date. End of.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nevertoomuch
I am actually surprised when I see a Asian female with an White guy, it's very rare.

South Asian girls or East Asian girls?

If you are talking about East Asians then I don't think its rare at all. I've seen quite a few of those in uni. But I live in NZ so maybe its different in the UK?

And with South Asian girls....hmm I think its quite rare for South Asians of both gender to date inter-racially but I've seen a few south asian girl/white guy couples in uni. I dunno maybe its just in your area?

And oh really? Please tell me what this special quality is that only white guys have that we're missing out on? :rolleyes:
(nothing against white guys ofcourse lol)
Reply 4
Original post by missderrie
Well each to their own...
It's certainly not uncommon in Birmingham
I'm mixed race, bf is Indian.
People should date who they f'in want...

That's normal I see many white female/Asian guy couples but not the other way around.

Original post by strawberry
rare? really?
the most common inter-racial coupling is White male + Asian female.
Second place: Black male + White female.

either way, you cannot entice Asian women to date White men with just "you don't know what you're missing"
People date who they want to date. End of.

I mean South Asian females in the UK(Pakistani/Indians/Bengalis). I think you're from the States where it's common to see East Asian female/white guy couples?
(edited 12 years ago)
Where are you. I see quite a few white male + asian female couples. Especially where i'm at (West Yorkshire)
Original post by nevertoomuch

We're not missing anything since we prefer men of our own race.
I prefer being sure that the girl i'm dating wasn't a boy in his/her childhood.
Original post by Foo.mp3
1. Fear
2. Loathing
3. Los Vegas

Hmm, really? Perhaps culturally, but I'm not sure this holds where you have a 'naturalised' Asian girl.. :beard: Any more Asian girls* wish to comment?

* assuming the Anonymous poster is an Asian girl

I think that the OP is a guy. It's probably because most of them are cultural, religious etc.
I'm a South Asian girl and I find Latin men the most attractive - French, Spanish, Italian guys :colondollar:

But I wouldn't date one because the majority of them are not Muslim.I want a long term relationship which could eventually lead to marriage.And since I'm not allowed to marry non-Muslim men, then what's the point?

Family will always play a role, my family would freak out if I dated/married a white guy even if he is a Muslim.Most Asians especially girls are pressured by our parents to stay and date within their race.The 2 cultures are too different.

I think it's really the culture. I mean, Asians are really knitted together and it's just difficult to pierce in a web of traditions and family ties. They usually go for their own race because of the conservative aspect of their life. The religion too provides a big wall of separation. It is intricate in means of practice and faith.
Some Asian women though go for white men. They are usually the liberal thinkers and really open to a diversity of culture.

Asians, as a whole, almost always date/marry someone of their own race.Just like other races.

Plus, I don't think many white guys go for Asian girls anyway.
Original post by pinouche13
I prefer being sure that the girl i'm dating wasn't a boy in his/her childhood.

huh?
Reply 11
it depends where your from!

in some places it is alot more common than others! and its rarity is probably due to misconceptions, you just got to mix with people and some people just dont! lol
It does depend where you're from and stuff like that.

Having said that, one of my italian mates is going out with an indian girl :yep:
Reply 13
Complicated.

Most Asian parents would disown their children if they go out with a white person.
Original post by Anonymous
huh?

Just reminded me of an article I read about Thailand. But i do find asian attractive though.
Original post by Foo.mp3
1. Fear
2. Loathing
3. Los Vegas

Hmm, really? Perhaps culturally, but I'm not sure this holds where you have a 'naturalised' Asian girl.. :beard: Any more Asian girls* wish to comment?

* assuming this Anonymous poster is an Asian girl

No, it isn't just a cultural thing. Yes, I am an Asian female (British citizen) and I genuinely don't find White men good looking in the slightest. I just don't like their skin colour, hair colour and facial features: pale blotchy skin, small eyes, thin lips etc. Most of my fellow Asian female friends also feel the same.

Most people prefer their own race - isn't this obvious?
Reply 16
some asian girls are sexayy. but the asian dudes have that market pretty much sewn up.
Original post by BigP
some asian girls are sexayy. but the asian dudes have that market pretty much sewn up.

what does that mean?
Original post by pinouche13
Just reminded me of an article I read about Thailand. But i do find asian attractive though.

He was talking about South Asians though (brown ones). You're talking about East/South East Asians (Orietals) lol
Why does it matter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending