The Student Room Group

Cass Business London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How long does CASS take to decide ?

Its been 9 days since i applied. When i mailed them 2 days back they told me that my app will be taken for consideration probably by tomorrow.

And the anxiety is stil prevailing... Phew.. Dunno if i have to mail them again....

Am an international applicant from India.
Reply 41
Original post by 7dna
How long does CASS take to decide ?

Its been 9 days since i applied. When i mailed them 2 days back they told me that my app will be taken for consideration probably by tomorrow.

And the anxiety is stil prevailing... Phew.. Dunno if i have to mail them again....

Am an international applicant from India.

Ι got my offer almost a month after i applied. It took about 25 days.
Reply 42
Original post by Requiem87
Ι got my offer almost a month after i applied. It took about 25 days.

Hey even i got an offer today ! Got an offer for MSc Management.

Got one from Warwick too. Waiting for LSE, Imperial and UCL.
Reply 43
Original post by 7dna
Hey even i got an offer today ! Got an offer for MSc Management.

Got one from Warwick too. Waiting for LSE, Imperial and UCL.

Thats great! Congratulations!
Good luck with the other as well! :smile:
Rejected at Cass MSc Investment Management (they didn't look at my references), accepted at LSE MSc Accounting and Finance.

Feels good.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
I applied for the MSc in Real Estate at Cass on March 7 and received an offer on March 9. I assume the processing times are different for each department.

One thing to note is that I actually did not know that I had been made an offer until yesterday. My offer, sent via email, was lost in cyberspace! I only found out I had an offer because I got a marketing email inviting me to a drinks reception for offer holders. I replied saying that I had not yet received an offer and it turns out that I had! They still want me to reply by April 2 and I'm awaiting decisions from other Universities.
Reply 46
I got an offer from MSc Management at Cass. I am going to accept it soon.
My Profile:
GMAT: 650
Academics: B.Com / CFA level III candidate
Work Ex: 1yr
Reply 47
Original post by vivek_117
I got an offer from MSc Management at Cass. I am going to accept it soon.
My Profile:
GMAT: 650
Academics: B.Com / CFA level III candidate
Work Ex: 1yr

Congratulations!!!
We'll be classmates from this September!
Reply 48
Just got an offer for MSc Insurance and Risk Management. Think i'll accept it. Anyone else applied/applying for this?
Reply 49
hi...i had applied to cass for msc finance and got my conditional offer letter within 3 days...
anybody else who has applied for the same course...?
Reply 50
How good is Cass Business School if you want to get into top IB's?
Reply 51
Original post by Baxus2010
How good is Cass Business School if you want to get into top IB's?

I think it is one of the best business schools in London and it is really good for IB. Especially if you want to work in London. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by zziippoo
I think it is one of the best business schools in London and it is really good for IB. Especially if you want to work in London. :smile:

Yes, I would actually like to work in London after my MSc in Corporate Finance. At this moment, I am working within retail banking in Sweden and finishing off my BSc. So next intake 2013, I will probably take on Cass. You think Cass is okay for IB?

My issues have been that I have only applied to Cass and got accepted. Afterwards I found out that even more schools had intakes without GMAT (don't have the time or energy to spend for preparation). So now I am trying to get an objective picture if Cass can get me into IB in London, or else I need to apply for other schools.

If the chances are small, then I should probably start preparing for GMAT and try to apply for UCL, Imperial, LSE etc..
Reply 53

This is severely wrong. Investment Banking is a very tough field to penetrate even if you graduate from a G5 University. Furthermore, Cass is not even a targeted institution by investment banks whereas Oxbridge, LSE, ICL and UCL are.

Unless you are an extremely bright Cass student and you are able to convey that; your chances of breaking into such a tough career with a degree from Cass are miniscule.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by IK237
This is severely wrong. Investment Banking is a very tough field to penetrate even if you graduate from a G5 University. Furthermore, Cass is not even a targeted institution by investment banks whereas Oxbridge, LSE, ICL and UCL are.

Unless you are an extremely bright Cass student and you are able to convey that; your chances of breaking into such a tough career with a degree from Cass are miniscule.

i didn't say that is the best but if you want to study in London in a business school, Cass is one of the best. UCL does not have business school and it does not have strong masters in order to get a job in IB. Cass is much better than UCL for business and finance related courses. UCL offers MSc in Management and some other courses which are all new.

Of course Cass is not like LSE and Imperial but still is one of the best business schools in London and in UK!
Reply 55
i didn't say that is the best but if you want to study in London in a business school, Cass is one of the best. UCL does not have business school and it does not have strong masters in order to get a job in IB. Cass is much better than UCL for business and finance related courses. UCL offers MSc in Management and some other courses which are all new.

Of course Cass is not like LSE and Imperial but still is one of the best business schools in London and in UK!

No doubt Cass is a great school with a growing reputation and I attend there. However you were referring to it with regards to an Investment Banking perspective. In that respect, it still remains significantly inconspicuous to investment banks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by IK237
No doubt Cass is a great school with a growing reputation and I attend there. However you were referring to it with regards to an Investment Banking perspective. In that respect, it still remains significantly inconspicuous to investment banks.

Thanks to both of you! Interesting perspectives.

IK237, why is Cass not good enough for IBs? I mean, as I can see they have pretty good reputation in London and rest of UK especially in finance. If that doesn't help to get into IB's, I wonder what is the purpose of being good and well known for finance if it can not help you into IB. What kind of jobs do Cass students then go for after MSc?

The thing is that I would like to study in London and afterwards get into some of the better IB's. That's why I am taking this discussion about Cass. From my point of view here in Sweden, I can see it's not the best school but good enough to get where you want.
On the other hand, when looking through some of the IB's event calendar the truth is that they don't attend Cass whilst they are coming to UCL, Imperial, LSE several times during a semester.

As I come from Sweden, maybe my knowledge of scandinavian languages and business will help me get into IB even though I probably will study at Cass?
Reply 57
hi guys...

I applied to Cass for Msc in Finance for 2012-13 and got accepted. So excited about it. I have a question though. I hold my foundation degree in Engineering. Finance is a completely new subject for me. I wonder how difficult will the course be for me since I don't come from a Finance/business degree background??? Little skeptical about this. I have sort of started trying to understand financial markets here, do I need to prep myself in some way so that I won't lag behind my future classmates???

Also, anyone else joining Cass for 2012-13 Finance course??? I may be meeting my future classmates here :smile::smile:

cheers
Reply 58
It is easy. The accountants do adding up and taking away, and the financiers complement that with some multiplication and division in their ratios.

Lots of acronyms and ratios, lots of trend-prediction masquerading as fact, plenty of BS and padding in the academic papers.

If you have a technical background you should have no difficulty. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Accountants, financiers and lawyers thrive on this and enjoy maintaining barriers not just to entry, but to understanding of what they do.

TBD

PS: What is a Foundation Degree ?

Original post by sneena
hi guys...

I applied to Cass for Msc in Finance for 2012-13 and got accepted. So excited about it. I have a question though. I hold my foundation degree in Engineering. Finance is a completely new subject for me. I wonder how difficult will the course be for me since I don't come from a Finance/business degree background??? Little skeptical about this. I have sort of started trying to understand financial markets here, do I need to prep myself in some way so that I won't lag behind my future classmates???

Also, anyone else joining Cass for 2012-13 Finance course??? I may be meeting my future classmates here :smile::smile:

cheers
Reply 59
thanks TBD....

aaah foundation degree....i didnt specifically give meaning to this...just that i spent a good amount of years studying engineering, both bachelors and masters :biggrin:

whats your background?? have you done finance course???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending