The Student Room Group

Sociologyy HELPPPP!

i was just wondering i got a C in unit 1 SCLY1 AQA and if i get a A in unit 2 is it possible to get an A overall? If possible, what ums do i roughly need to get in uint 2?
Reply 1
Well, I suggest Re sit it to be on the safe side

for the C - there should be a mark called the UMS Marks, what mark do you have

To get an A at AS is 160/200
Unit 1 - Is out of 80
Unit 2 - Is out of 120

Look at the mark you got, and that will give you a better idea, You can get an A , but i suggest Re Sit the Exam ! C is good for first time! I got an D :frown: - re sat got an A :smile:

Goodluck if you need any more help Post
Hi, I'm doing AS Sociology too.

Sadly I haven't sat any exams yet for Unit 1 or 2... At my School we sit them all in the summer....

So I don't really have any clear indication on how I will do!

To get an A overall you'll need to try and literally do amazing!

I'm having to revise Family and Households, Health and Sociological Methods (Yet to even finish in my school)
ITS CRAZY!

I wish you the best of luck! x
Reply 3
Original post by helpmekid
Well, I suggest Re sit it to be on the safe side

for the C - there should be a mark called the UMS Marks, what mark do you have

To get an A at AS is 160/200
Unit 1 - Is out of 80
Unit 2 - Is out of 120

Look at the mark you got, and that will give you a better idea, You can get an A , but i suggest Re Sit the Exam ! C is good for first time! I got an D :frown: - re sat got an A :smile:

Goodluck if you need any more help Post

Thankssss! i gt 51 UMS points but the problem is ive got lyk 7 other subjects to concentrate on too, did you retake the exam in june? So i need 109 UMS points right how many raw marks would that be? Would 4 weeks be enough to revise everything?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by matthewhernon
Hi, I'm doing AS Sociology too.

Sadly I haven't sat any exams yet for Unit 1 or 2... At my School we sit them all in the summer....

So I don't really have any clear indication on how I will do!

To get an A overall you'll need to try and literally do amazing!

I'm having to revise Family and Households, Health and Sociological Methods (Yet to even finish in my school)
ITS CRAZY!

I wish you the best of luck! x

Wowww, so youve got lots of modules to do right? Dw, i thought I really did bad for the first unit (families and households) thought I got an U/E but got a C in the end. Good luck to you too x
Reply 5
Original post by ruby_v
Thankssss! i gt 51 UMS points but the problem is ive got lyk 7 other subjects to concentrate on too, did you retake the exam in june? So i need 109 UMS points right how many raw marks would that be? Would 4 weeks be enough to revise everything?

I took the Exam again in Jan A2

7... Ummm

109 is around 65-75/90 So yes its do-able :smile: Try not to worry about the A , Focus on Just unit 2 and get the highest marks on that it will be more helpful if you get highmarks first time round!

You can later resit unit 1 at A2
Reply 6
Yeah I guess so what did you get for your as? And what did you get for unit 2 if you don't mind me asking :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
If Your asking me,

I got Unit 1 64 Aswell (for Jan this year re sit) A got D @ AS
I got 93 In unit 2 B
Reply 8
So you got a D overall for as last year but now it's at an A woow that's so gd
Reply 9
so yu gt an a for unit 2?
I got B in Unit 2 and a C overall last year i got an D

A2 - Re sat Unit 1 got an A :smile:
Reply 11
Thats really good theres no chace of me gettin an A SO MUCH TO REVISEEEE!I hate methods in context!
Original post by ruby_v
Wowww, so youve got lots of modules to do right? Dw, i thought I really did bad for the first unit (families and households) thought I got an U/E but got a C in the end. Good luck to you too x

Pretty much yeah!

Thanks x
Reply 13
[INDENT]
Original post by helpmekid
I got B in Unit 2 and a C overall last year i got an D

A2 - Re sat Unit 1 got an A :smile:

Hey dyu have any useful tips for unit 2
Original post by ruby_v
[INDENT]

Hey dyu have any useful tips for unit 2

Revise Revise and Revise - Try to remember everything, and ALWAYS USE THE ITEM

E.G AS item 1 Shows, Blah Blah Blah, etc

And for the Methods in context Apply and use infomation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending