The Student Room Group

Sainsburys at Chipping Norton - anyone seen David Cameron?

Are there any students out there who live in the Cotswolds? Or who happen to frequent Chipping Norton?

If so, have you seen David Cameron in Sainsburys of a Friday night? I ask because according to his recent interview with the BBC, he's in there all the time with the common people shopping for milk and stuff. (Not that there are many common people in Chipping Norton, but you get the idea.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17819623

All sightings discussed and gratefully received.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one cares about Davey.
Yeah right :rofl:

:wtf:
Reply 3
I thought he lived in 10 Downing Street :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Elwyn
I thought he lived in 10 Downing Street :confused:

This is his rather nice Cotswolds place.

http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/david-cameron.php?housephotos=2

He really was unbelievable in the BBC interview, the man simply doesn't know when to shut his trap and stop telling porkies.
Original post by zara55
This is his rather nice Cotswolds place.

http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/david-cameron.php?housephotos=2

He really was unbelievable in the BBC interview, the man simply doesn't know when to shut his trap and stop telling porkies.

Like what? I know people love to foam at the mouth about anything politicians ever do, but saying "I often go to the supermarket on a Friday or Saturday" doesn't exactly strike me as an enormously implausible event.
Reply 6

You can tell that's an american site.

'David Cameron is the current Prime Minister of Great Britain, and maintains this residence when not staying nearby at Number 10 Downing Street'
Reply 7
Original post by callum9999
Like what? I know people love to foam at the mouth about anything politicians ever do, but saying "I often go to the supermarket on a Friday or Saturday" doesn't exactly strike me as an enormously implausible event.

It is profoundly implausible - do you really believe the PM is out in his local Sainsburys most weekends as claimed? Previous PMs have reported that they had profound difficulties returning to aspects of normal life like driving, going to the shops, etc. Is Cameron unique and different or is this in fact, what it pretty obviously was, a faux attempt to pose as a "man of the people" but in a sad, easy-to-prove-a-lie format, that points to his amateurishness and lack of forethought?

Too often we are seeing the truth come out - that simply having been to Eton and Oxford along a path smoothed by money and privilege since birth is not enough of a qualification to be able to run the country.
Reply 8
Original post by Elwyn
You can tell that's an american site.

'David Cameron is the current Prime Minister of Great Britain, and maintains this residence when not staying nearby at Number 10 Downing Street'

Sure, the text is silly - I just enclosed the link for the map.
Reply 9
I think you are mistaking 'I shop at Sainsburys' with 'I send my butler to shop at Sainsburys for me.'
Reply 10
I didn't know Sainsbury's had started serving roast swan and smoked peacock.
Original post by zara55
It is profoundly implausible - do you really believe the PM is out in his local Sainsburys most weekends as claimed? Previous PMs have reported that they had profound difficulties returning to aspects of normal life like driving, going to the shops, etc. Is Cameron unique and different or is this in fact, what it pretty obviously was, a faux attempt to pose as a "man of the people" but in a sad, easy-to-prove-a-lie format, that points to his amateurishness and lack of forethought?

Too often we are seeing the truth come out - that simply having been to Eton and Oxford along a path smoothed by money and privilege since birth is not enough of a qualification to be able to run the country.

Do you have evidence to the contrary? I don't care what you "reckon" happens or what you'd "imagine" happens - until it's proven otherwise, I have no reason to call him a liar and say he never goes shopping. Not that I remotely care either way.

Though your little rant about going to Eton and Oxford and having a lot of money speaks volumes about the REAL issue here. You are clueless about what "it takes" to run a country and are just typical of the reverse snobbery so many people display today.
Reply 12
Original post by geetar
I didn't know Sainsbury's had started serving roast swan and smoked peacock.

You must be thinking of Waitrose.

I imagine Cammie was thinking of his butler though, to be fair to the man, probably when he says "I do such and such" he means the butler does it. It's an understandable mistake.
Reply 13
Original post by callum9999
Do you have evidence to the contrary? I don't care what you "reckon" happens or what you'd "imagine" happens - until it's proven otherwise, I have no reason to call him a liar and say he never goes shopping. Not that I remotely care either way.

Though your little rant about going to Eton and Oxford and having a lot of money speaks volumes about the REAL issue here. You are clueless about what "it takes" to run a country and are just typical of the reverse snobbery so many people display today.

Lulz, are you in the Tory party? You must be the last defender of Cammie left!

It's not that I called him a liar - I am using the thread to ask if anyone's seen him in there of, as claimed, a Friday night on a regular basis. I'm calling it implausible, which it is. Read a few PM biographies and you will get to hear about the sort of pressures they come under. In Alistair Campbell's diaries, Tony Blair goes for long periods without ever going out of Number 10, let alone going off shopping. We are talking motorcades of security men. It's just tosh and I don't know why he was such an amateur to come out with it. You can even tell from the look in his eyes that he's regretted saying it in the interview almost as soon as the words came out!
Reply 14
Original post by zara55

Last time I checked Mr Cameron is human, and therefore requires food to stop him from dying. It's really not that unrealistic to assume he's telling the truth.

You are so blinded by hatred that you'd probably think he was lying if he said his name was David Cameron.
Reply 15
Original post by zara55
x

Well, seeing as you've already made up your mind, it doesn't matter what we say, whether from fact or otherwise. I could turn up with CCTV images of him walking in for the past 6 months and you'd say it was photoshopped.
Original post by zara55
Lulz, are you in the Tory party? You must be the last defender of Cammie left!

It's not that I called him a liar - I am using the thread to ask if anyone's seen him in there of, as claimed, a Friday night on a regular basis. I'm calling it implausible, which it is. Read a few PM biographies and you will get to hear about the sort of pressures they come under. In Alistair Campbell's diaries, Tony Blair goes for long periods without ever going out of Number 10, let alone going off shopping. We are talking motorcades of security men. It's just tosh and I don't know why he was such an amateur to come out with it. You can even tell from the look in his eyes that he's regretted saying it in the interview almost as soon as the words came out!

What a surprise, I'm called a Tory.... AGAIN. Is the level of debate or reasoning on here so dreadful everyone has to resort to ridiculous accusations? I don't support any of the 3 major parties as such - I just have the seemingly rare ability to be impartial and judge them for who they are/what they do....

But I'm sorry, I guess I use a different definition of "porkies", "faux" and "tosh" to you (i.e. the right one). And again, as I said before, I couldn't care less either way - if so many people didn't think living a normal life while doing one of the most stressful and thankless jobs in the country was a prerequisite to being "in touch" with the people, "faux porkies" wouldn't need to be said on stupid matters like this!
I doubt he goes to a Sainsbury's in Chipping Norton but I'd imagine he'd go to Broxham or perhaps even as far as Banbury. Can't imagine a quick trip to Oxford unless he makes a day trip of it. And lets remember this is the guy who, if he does live a lot in Chipping Norton, he's not going to be entirely stationary. He'd be going back and fourth from there to London as well as many other events. It's not wrong to think it's implausible that he'd have the time to just go to a random Sainsbury's miles away when he's the Prime Minister who has to lead a government and country. Fair doos to the man for actually being able to remember the price of milk, even I have no idea how much milk is.
Reply 18
I used to live in a village off Chipping Norton. I've seen him at that Sainsburys twice. Once was before he became PM and another time was after. I once saw him queueing for a kebab at a takeaway.... and it was a funny one because the Turkish fellow who served him had no idea he had sold a kebab to the PM of Britain.
Reply 19
Original post by Herr
I used to live in a village off Chipping Norton. I've seen him at that Sainsburys twice. Once was before he became PM and another time was after. I once saw him queueing for a kebab at a takeaway.... and it was a funny one because the Turkish fellow who served him had no idea he had sold a kebab to the PM of Britain.

A kebab? Now we know you're just making things up. Unless they do venison kebabs in Chipping N?

Quick Reply

Latest