The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Rape is rape, in whatever situation. Surely it's even worse that this is a man she presumably loved and trusted, a man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. To have him turn on her and show that side is terrible....
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
What sort of person doesn't want to have sex on the wedding night? :lolwut:

I'm not defending him, he shouldn't have raped her, but seriously :lolwut:

The wedding day for the bride and groom is very long and a bit exhausting. I wouldn't be surprised if MOST newly weds don't consumate the marriage on the night of the wedding.
Original post by Moiraclaire
what the hell is wrong with the TSR world. It's not exactly a punishment, I don't see how it could ever be if it is with the person you supposedly love.

I love chocolate but I wouldn't want to be force-fed it.
Reply 63
Original post by el pollo diablo
The wedding day for the bride and groom is very long and a bit exhausting. I wouldn't be surprised if MOST newly weds don't consumate the marriage on the night of the wedding.

I completely agree with this!
Original post by Perseveranze
Being drunk fair enough, but she kept denying him again and again for no reason, then I wouldn't be surprised if he had just cheated on her.

I hope no woman ever has the misfortune of marrying you.
Original post by badcheesecrispy

This is horrifically abusive and perverted, why are so many men intent on giving us all a bad name? Its very strange how some men dont know what 'no' means and also think they are entitled to sex whenever they want. No doubt there will be blokes on this one defending the guy in some way- 'Oh, well she was drunk and he is her husband, why should she expect him not to **** her whilst shes passed out?' and the usual garbage that is just seeking to outrage.

I say this whole story is bull-****e!

1.) Let me make it clear IF he did what she says he did - yes he's vile and so on....

2.) I am NOT defending him....but there are a couple of things I'd like to point out...

a.) If he raped her on their wedding night - who would stay with that man? Have his children? Any sane person would have been out the door on their way to the police. Something is off already in her story.
She says she was 'scared'. Bull****.

b.) She was pissed on the wedding night. I have a friend who claims that she was raped while drunk, then has to apologise to everyone for making a scene - she just acts like a drama queeen and when drunk takes things too far and also doesn't remember things quite properly.

c.) Whats the guys side of the story? This woman might have something against her husband, so what better way to get rid of him than jail?
not necessarily defending him or anything, but **** like the gets thrown about a lot, just because she came up with this story, is there any conclusive proof, and not just her word against his? suing culture and money claims are becoming to big an issue for me not to be sceptical of the story
Reply 67
Original post by cardine92
Why do I assume all the people saying it's her fault have never had sex?

No idea. Why?
Reply 68
Is it fair to instantly condemn this man as a rapist, without any context or evidence - bar the wife's testimony?

Of course I'm not condoning rape or the like, I'm just somewhat cynical of the story's source.
Original post by loochester
Are you kidding me? Just because you're married to someone doesn't mean your instantly entitled to have sex with them even if they don't want to. The article says she 'denied him' three out of the four times he raped her because she was either drunk, heavily pregnant or still had the stiches from a Caesarean section. How can you pass any of the blame onto her?

A marriage without sex will be a short marriage.

No means no. But no also has consequences. I think (hope) that is all he is trying to say.

Also, I agree with the above. He's not a rapist until the court decrees him a rapist.
(edited 11 years ago)
That's awful. I hope she's okay. I can't imagine actually living with your rapist. She probably cooked for him as well, he seems the type to expect a plate on his lap 7 o'clock every night. I can't imagine how her self esteem and confidence is now. I hope she finds someone who really loves her.
Reply 71
Original post by Architecture-er
The OP is a guy... :facepalm:

what....is he trying to be a white knight? lol
Original post by Perseveranze
Being drunk fair enough, but she kept denying him again and again for no reason, then I wouldn't be surprised if he had just cheated on her.

once again out with the Islamic opinions....
Reply 73
Original post by ArcaneAnna

a.) If he raped her on their wedding night - who would stay with that man? Have his children? Any sane person would have been out the door on their way to the police. Something is off already in her story.
She says she was 'scared'. Bull****.

Clearly you have no idea about the psychological effects of being in an abusive relationship. For example: he rapes her on her wedding night, it's quite possible that she believed, since his 'attitude changed after the wedding', that it was one time, spur of the moment on his wedding night. She may have stayed with him hoping he would change. After having a child with him she then has the financial implications, her attachment to him emotionally (its possible to love someone who is abusive, don't forget), and the welfare of the children to consider.

Not necessarily all 'bull****'
Original post by effofex
Anyone is entitled to refuse to have sex for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The marital status of the person does not matter either. There is no law that states that marital partners are obliged or required to have sex with each other.

For example, supposing I married someone tomorrow and categorically refused to have sex with them - I would have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Accidental neg sorry! I actually wanted to do the opposite.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
He should have really found out that she was a cock tease before he got married. Schoolboy error.
Reply 76
utterly disgusting

Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
No matter how tired or drunk I was, if my partner wanted to have sex, I would do it.

try getting a hard on when you're tired, drunk and under pressure
yes but surely you'd want to have sex with them so that you could get as much money as possible ! Anyway in this particular story, that does not appear to be the case.
Reply 78
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Accidental neg sorry! I actually wanted to do the opposite.

naughty :smile:
Perhaps if she wasn't recovering from surgery, then maybe she would've been some killjoy. But she was recovering from surgery, how ignorant does someone have to be. You've just had your fecking child! Jesus. If I had just got married but my wife was recovering from surgery or even a major injury I'd wait first. No excuse for raping. Couples have to respect each other and in this case he did not respect his wife.

Latest