The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Dr_Death
. I tolerate my flatmate smoking pot, but I don't think that's OK either.

~this is how i see it too...i'm not out to get u guys ok :wink:
technik
i thought it was quite apt :p:

Recycling old material! :biggrin:
Reply 82

~hehehe :biggrin: thanks technik
Reply 83
fishpaste
but morals and values are subjective. my point is that gay people enjoy one of the best quality of lives in the country. they're substantially richer than the average person (on average!). they work considerably nicer jobs. and they enjoy some kind of elite status where the vast majority of people on earth thing they're the most fabulous thing since sliced bread. whether you deem this to put them in a social elite or not is not the point. the point is they'll be enjoying a considerably better quality of life than you :biggrin: Just something to think about when you condemn them. but you're not shallow enough to care about that!

lol, ok the gays have a better then average quality of life, and u then go on to say they therefore have a better quality of life then me, presumingi have an average quality of life. let me put it like this, i dont! They may be substantially richer then your average person, but i dont think the average gay is substantially richer then me (well my family). The may have nice jobs, but not better then the job that im going 2 have(running the family business)

they enjoy "some kind of elite status where the vast majority of people on earth thing they're the most fabulous thing since sliced bread." no, you think they are the best thing since sliced bread, u and ur no-moral, no-value friends on tsr, u and unfortunatly many people in the west. the vast majority of people on the EARTH however, probably agree with me, and do not think gays are the best thing since sliced bread, and believe that they are the best thing to slice since sliced bread. :biggrin:

hahaha...sry but that was funny :biggrin:
im not gonna say entirely what I think because people are just going to go against what I say and argue. I just don't agree with homosexual adoptions..I don't mind the marriage but not the adoptions.

edit: this thread should be moved into the debate section
leopard
It's all about acceptance in the end

Serious sense-talk there. Acceptance is the key - does anyone else find comments such as "I tolerate their presence" more than slightly...condescending / prejudiced? (IMHO)

DD: Cool posts.

ZarathustraX
Reply 87
:frown: It is abnormal and beyond reproach. I for one cannot understand how a man can derive pleasure from sodomising another fellow. The mere mention of it makes me sick. You may say I am narrow minded, but one only has to examine the other sex to realise that Men and Women were designed/Adapted (whatever) to be with each other. Men with Men and Women with Women is disturbing and unacceptable. However, as long as it is kept behind closed doors then I am satisfied. Homosexuals, especially those confident with it are often rancid and militant, and unaware they are sinners.
Reply 88
watkinc
:frown: It is abnormal and beyond reproach. I for one cannot understand how a man can derive pleasure from sodomising another fellow. The mere mention of it makes me sick. You may say I am narrow minded, but one only has to examine the other sex to realise that Men and Women were designed/Adapted (whatever) to be with each other. Men with Men and Women with Women is disturbing and unacceptable. However, as long as it is kept behind closed doors then I am satisfied. Homosexuals, especially those confident with it are often rancid and militant, and unaware they are sinners.

i dunno i quite like the idea of being gay (apart from the sexual bit) as i like clothes, shopping, nice furnature
watkinc
Homosexuals, especially those confident with it are often rancid and militant, and unaware they are sinners.

"Main Entry: ran·cid
Pronunciation: 'ran(t)-s&d
Function: adjective
: having a rank smell or taste usually from chemical change or decomposition <rancid butter>"

:confused:

ZarathustraX
Reply 90
Oh please, surely you are well enough read to realise the word can have many connotations, not just those from your "Pocket Dictionary." Anyway, I digress, I am eager to read his defense.
Reply 91
topdude
lol, ok the gays have a better then average quality of life, and u then go on to say they therefore have a better quality of life then me, presumingi have an average quality of life. let me put it like this, i dont! They may be substantially richer then your average person, but i dont think the average gay is substantially richer then me (well my family). The may have nice jobs, but not better then the job that im going 2 have(running the family business)

they enjoy "some kind of elite status where the vast majority of people on earth thing they're the most fabulous thing since sliced bread." no, you think they are the best thing since sliced bread, u and ur no-moral, no-value friends on tsr, u and unfortunatly many people in the west. the vast majority of people on the EARTH however, probably agree with me, and do not think gays are the best thing since sliced bread, and believe that they are the best thing to slice since sliced bread. :biggrin:

the vast majority of people in the world don't have access to sliced bread. so it's really no concern if they're scared of homosexuality. because history shows that quality of life goes hand in hand with education, which brings around tolerance and acceptance of gays.
Reply 92
watkinc

you clearly haven't read the argument of 'design' and 'purpose' which has taken place briefly in this thread and extensively in others. but basically, who are you to say that somebody was designed to be a certain way? that's a personal belief which you shouldn't enforce on others. should we not use contraception? that clearly wasn't intended by our creator. should we not take advantage of healthcare? I don't think god intended us to have laser eye surgery.
watkinc

lol, hit the preverbial nail on the head...
Reply 94
sexuality is taken way too seriously, which is what annoys me about gay people wrapped up in their sexuality (the camp ones etc) one of friends is gay but its great because hes just casual about it, so it becomes no deal whatsoever.
Reply 95
fishpaste
the vast majority of people in the world don't have access to sliced bread. so it's really no concern if they're scared of homosexuality. because history shows that quality of life goes hand in hand with education, which brings around tolerance and acceptance of gays.

"the vast majority of people in the world don't have access to sliced bread. so it's really no concern if they're scared of homosexuality." so because most people are poor, their opinions dont count! lol i didnt expect a pro-0gay person to be anti-poor!

"history shows that quality of life goes hand in hand with education" Yes.

"which brings around tolerance and acceptance of gays" No.
Reply 96
topdude
"the vast majority of people in the world don't have access to sliced bread. so it's really no concern if they're scared of homosexuality." so because most people are poor, their opinions dont count! lol i didnt expect a pro-0gay person to be anti-poor!

"history shows that quality of life goes hand in hand with education" Yes.

"which brings around tolerance and acceptance of gays" No.

I'm not anti poor, I just think they haven't been educated well enough to form an informed opinion about homosexuality. So yes their opinions don't matter when considering the future of gay rights. we don't have many people living in Britain who can't afford sliced bread

No? What's your evidence. Don't you agree that acceptance of homosexuality is prevalent in most western countries, and increases as poorer countries develop?
Reply 97
Or Education makes one realise how disgraceful it is, as in my case.
Reply 98
watkinc
Or Education makes one realise how disgraceful it is, as in my case.

you're a minority, and people don't tend to like homophobes.
Reply 99
fishpaste
I'm not anti poor, I just think they haven't been educated well enough to form an informed opinion about homosexuality. So yes their opinions don't matter when considering the future of gay rights. we don't have many people living in Britain who can't afford sliced bread

No? What's your evidence. Don't you agree that acceptance of homosexuality is prevalent in most western countries, and increases as poorer countries develop?

western countries are becoming less religious = having less morals = acceptance of homosexuality

Latest