The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Yes, I work in the one on Middlebrook Retail Park - on a side note.. pay day!! I got 750quid lol, did alot of hours during Christmas and also asked for 1/2 of my holiday pay to be put on my pay packet.
rt
also asked for 1/2 of my holiday pay to be put on my pay packet.

Did you know it is actually illegal for a manager to put any of your holiday pay into your wages without you having a week off!
Agh they only paid me for one day instead of two. :frown:
Reply 1083
I wasn't aware of that - I thought 3 days was suffice, lol. I'm told I'll be promoted within 3 weeks, i am skeptical - if that's the right word.
Hey, yeah I posted in this thread a while ago about applying. I applied well over a month and a half ago now they hadn't got back to me and I didn't bother following it up, but I just got an email inviting me to an "OJE" next Tuesday evening.

I suppose I could read through all of this 54 page thread, but I'm lazy :p:, so what basically happens at these things?
Reply 1085
I had an OJE and all that came to was an interview.

worked for 3 months, then failed my probhation, wasnt really my fault, I was always on grill or chicken, on my second to last day got thrown on tills had no idea what I was doing and caused alot of trouble.

Plus being left handed I couldnt use the fry scooper properly, and I never got the hang of putting lids on the cups believe it or not.

I used to love when they put me on window 2 the few times, easiest job there easily.
i work mostly tills, but occasionally they put me on the chicken side

the people in the kitchen have the good life... :P
NicolePickle
i work mostly tills, but occasionally they put me on the chicken side

the people in the kitchen have the good life... :P

nooo way :smile: I'm always in the kitchen and last time they put me on Booth 3, I loved it :smile: I would say both jobs are hard in a different way, but I prefer actually meeting customers.
Reply 1088
booth 3 was terrible, I had a women complaining to me that what I gave her wasnt a latte once, she asked me what I put in it, I explained all I did was press a button on a machine, then she spent 5 minutes explaining to me the differences in hot drinks, huge queue building up, then after all that she asks me how to turn her mobile phone on.
Reply 1089
It's really hard to communicate with the cashiers at my local McDonalds. My mate does the chicken (and especially, the new 99p burger). I had to explain to the cashier that I wanted:

Mayo Chicken with no mayo, no lettuce, but tomato ketchup. (So it goes: bun, ketchup, chicken bun - not hard at all). She failed to grasp the concept at all. Literally, she couldn't do it - she was giving me ketchup sauce packets, and I was like... no, i'd like it in the burger, but she was like "and mayo?!". I had to explain to my mate (who had to walk down from the grill) what my colleauge wanted.
RofoUK
It's really hard to communicate with the cashiers at my local McDonalds. My mate does the chicken (and especially, the new 99p burger). I had to explain to the cashier that I wanted:

Mayo Chicken with no mayo, no lettuce, but tomato ketchup. (So it goes: bun, ketchup, chicken bun - not hard at all). She failed to grasp the concept at all. Literally, she couldn't do it - she was giving me ketchup sauce packets, and I was like... no, i'd like it in the burger, but she was like "and mayo?!". I had to explain to my mate (who had to walk down from the grill) what my colleauge wanted.

They could have pressed "Mayo Chicken" - "grill" - "no mayo, no lettuce, only ketchup":biggrin:
Reply 1091
I hate picky people... I mean I don't mind if someone comes in and doesn't want cheese on their quaterpounder because they will die if they eat it, but people who ask for half their meal to be taken out need to be lined up and shot. How can you order a grill order and then complain to me that your burger is taking longer than everyone elses that ordered the same thing, I mean ****, they didn't order the same thing, you ordered some picky ass half assed burger and they ordered the real one. If you want your food fast, order ******* food.

Rant.
I am quite picky actually, meaning that I won't eat anything with sauce in (or on) it, but I never complain that my order takes longer :smile:
Reply 1093
haha. People who dont want the gerkin, take it out yourself? tis what i do :yep:
Reply 1094
does anyone know the policy on grills? I ordered a grill at a 24 hour reasturent at about 3 am once and the manager told me they were only selling everything as it is? are they allowed to say that under company policy? we always ended up doing grills even if someone came in a minute before close when the close routine had pretty much started already.
graant
does anyone know the policy on grills? I ordered a grill at a 24 hour reasturent at about 3 am once and the manager told me they were only selling everything as it is? are they allowed to say that under company policy? we always ended up doing grills even if someone came in a minute before close when the close routine had pretty much started already.

It was probably a franchise as opposed to company owned to begin with, they were probably employing different restrictions as well.
graant

Technically yes they can. Stores are allowed (under permission of your Ops/Field Con) to so no to grill orders. National policy currently is to only take away from and item and not to add to it. So Mac no cheese - perfectly acceptable. Mac only ketchup extra cheese - is a no.
Chipie
haha. People who dont want the gerkin, take it out yourself? tis what i do :yep:

No pickle orders drive me mad.

I've just had a week off and asked for holiday pay, will I get all of it or just a certain amount? I think I had about £150 or something according to my last pay slip.
Lol I have this man who comes in every couple of weeks with a plastic bib. He queues up, orders a big mac meal & asks you to put his bib on. Then he sits down in a seat in front of the counter, picks off the pickles from the mac and sticks them on his bib! Then he asks you to wash it... ahhhhhhhh!
Reply 1099
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Lol I have this man who comes in every couple of weeks with a plastic bib. He queues up, orders a big mac meal & asks you to put his bib on. Then he sits down in a seat in front of the counter, picks off the pickles from the mac and sticks them on his bib! Then he asks you to wash it... ahhhhhhhh!

What do you say to that? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending